• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hickok45 youtube channel shut down ! Bad google bad google

davidmcbeth

Banned
Live by G00gle and die by Google. Do not use G00gle.

Google add-on alerts women to stop saying ‘sorry’ in work emails
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/7/google-chrome-add-on-alerts-women-to-stop-saying-s/

Like:

Woman 1 (w1) : Sorry I did not back to you sooner, I had some cramping
Woman 2 (w2): I'm sorry that you are having such an issue, take your time but I do need a reply to this email.
w1: Sorry again, the cramping is gone but flow has begun
w2: That's good and bad I guess; sorry to bother you again but can you provide a more complete response?
w1: Sorry, forgot about that ... here is the information you are seeking?
w2: I'm sorry to have to tell you this but you are confused as to what I am seeking information on.
w1: Sorry about that, I deleted your original email and went by memory....can you resend?
w2: Sorry but no. You are fired.
w1: Sorry.
w2: Me too.

WalkingWolf

Let's be clear, Hickok45 broke their rules of service, has been breaking them for some time. They are the very same rules we have to follow. You cannot sell firearms on OCDO, or Youtube.

He outright added to videos that the guns he was reviewing were up for sale on Bud's Gun Auction a clear violation. Something NONE of the other members doing gun videos do. His new video about the RM380 after he was back up was minus the auction pitch. He still mentions Bud's, and federal, so we will have to see how long he gets away with that.

I may not agree with Google's anti gun policies, but we all agreed to them. On top of that he apparently was getting some form of compensation from the companies. To stay on he is going to have to play ball just like Yankee Marshal, and Nutnfancy.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Let's be clear, Hickok45 broke their rules of service, has been breaking them for some time. They are the very same rules we have to follow. You cannot sell firearms on OCDO, or Youtube.

He outright added to videos that the guns he was reviewing were up for sale on Bud's Gun Auction a clear violation. Something NONE of the other members doing gun videos do. His new video about the RM380 after he was back up was minus the auction pitch. He still mentions Bud's, and federal, so we will have to see how long he gets away with that.

I may not agree with Google's anti gun policies, but we all agreed to them. On top of that he apparently was getting some form of compensation from the companies. To stay on he is going to have to play ball just like Yankee Marshal, and Nutnfancy.

I would disagree on the point that "we all agreed to the google's anti-gun policies". The policy is googles, not mine. I don't agree with much of their policies. There was certainly no meeting of the minds regarding google and folks IMO.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Then YOU should not violate your contract by accessing their site or using G00gle. Isn't that what the contract says?

Its not my contract at all. A contract must be a meeting of the minds. Yet google does not allow one to even try to amend the proposed contract presented by google. So IMO, there is no contract at all.

http://www.internationalo.biz/post/94543821353/the-entire-youtube-contract-for-indies

^^^ copy of a youtube contract ...if one wishes to go through it all

So since there is no contract, youtube can do what it wants ... its just that youtube may be appearing to have begun equating guns to be equal to violence.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

ALL the other gun video posters were not affected, even Yeager, who has advocated violence. It is very simple, do not sell firearms on sites hosted by Google. We all know this, it is no surprise, he was not treated unfairly compared to other gun posters who abide by the rules. Even if they allowed firearm sales they would be entitled to compensation for their site being used for such. Whether you, or I like it is not the issue, if you want to boycott Google by all means boycott. Buh Bye!

From Google Youtube content policy

Google ads are not permitted to appear on sites that sell, facilitate or advocate the sales of weapons and weapon accessories. This includes but is not limited to the sales of ammunition, gun parts, hardware, pistols, rifles, BB guns, sporting guns, air guns, blow guns, and stun guns. This policy also prohibits the placement of ads on sites which sell explosives, including fireworks.

Last edited:

HPmatt

When you install the app, or setup a google/youtube login, you have agreed to their EULA - end user license agreement. All the terms & conditions and legal boilerplate kickin at that point in time. Violating this agreement gives the host the basis to deny you service on their website.

WalkingWolf

When you install the app, or setup a google/youtube login, you have agreed to their EULA - end user license agreement. All the terms & conditions and legal boilerplate kickin at that point in time. Violating this agreement gives the host the basis to deny you service on their website.

He probably is going to run into a problem with facebook too. His page contains links to Bud's guns for the sale of arms. It is also against their terms of service to sell firearms on facebook.

I don't get it, he is not a dumb guy, yet he continues to break the rules. Sooner or later some progressive anti gunner is going to complain, like Mad Mommies.

davidmcbeth

Banned
As soon as possible David should send a notice of trespass to Google...:lol::lol::lol:

2626208860_19e0d253da_z.jpg

davidmcbeth

Banned

Well, that's about the worse that they can do if there was no contract...

HPmatt

by proceeding to 'click thru' - I accept, or I decline - you either proceed to site, or you get kicked off - unless the site lets you lurk, but you can't comment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baked on Grease

WW... I think you misunderstand... or I mishear him... he never says THAT gun is for sale, he merely plugs his source because Buds pays him for advertising them. He merely says the type of gun he's talking about is for sale... not that that very one he's holding is up for sale.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

WW... I think you misunderstand... or I mishear him... he never says THAT gun is for sale, he merely plugs his source because Buds pays him for advertising them. He merely says the type of gun he's talking about is for sale... not that that very one he's holding is up for sale.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

He clearly has said that the gun he is reviewing is available on the auction, that is selling. I really don't care personally, but even if you don't like rules, ignore them it will bite you in the arse.

The latest RM380 video the mention of the auction was missing. He claims he does not know why they ended his account, but I bet he does. The only reason he is still up is the revenue they would lose evident by the outpouring of watchers complaints.

It is highly unlikely a computer with no input terminated his account, which is the explanation he gives.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Forum Rules

ACCEPTANCE OF RULES
"If you do not agree with any of these Rules then please do not use this site, because BY USING THIS SITE YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE IRREVOCABLY AGREED TO THESE RULES. Please note that these Rules may be revised and reissued without notice at any time. You should review the current Rules regularly, since your continued use of the site will be deemed as irrevocable acceptance of any revisions."

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).

WalkingWolf

Forum Rules

ACCEPTANCE OF RULES
"If you do not agree with any of these Rules then please do not use this site, because BY USING THIS SITE YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE IRREVOCABLY AGREED TO THESE RULES. Please note that these Rules may be revised and reissued without notice at any time. You should review the current Rules regularly, since your continued use of the site will be deemed as irrevocable acceptance of any revisions."

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).

Just taking a guess an auction is probably considered a raffle.

Last I checked his facebook page he had Bud's link up next to his video for the RM380. They have the same rules, hoplophobes are known to monitor not only youtube, but facebook, as well as OCDO.

I checked a couple videos where he had mentioned the auction at the end of the video, and it has been edited out of the videos. Hopefully he continues to post videos, but Google has the final say what is acceptable.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

An auction contains the element of offered for sale.

Where OCDO is concerned, trying to get around/bend this rule just ain't gonna make it.

True but Hickok45 is not one of our members as far as I know, but youtube is Google, and I found their rule which forbids firearm sales. Just was not sure if the raffle part was from our administrators or Google's words.

From Google Youtube content policy

Google ads are not permitted to appear on sites that sell, facilitate or advocate the sales of weapons and weapon accessories. This includes but is not limited to the sales of ammunition, gun parts, hardware, pistols, rifles, BB guns, sporting guns, air guns, blow guns, and stun guns. This policy also prohibits the placement of ads on sites which sell explosives, including fireworks.

It does appear that he can sell on facebook, I was mistaken on their policies.

We will not permit people to post offers to sell regulated items that indicate a willingness to evade or help others evade the law. For example, private sellers of firearms in the U.S. will not be permitted to specify “no background check required,” nor can they offer to transact across state lines without a licensed firearms dealer. We have worked with a number of individuals and organizations on the development of these efforts, which will be implemented and enforced in the coming weeks. We are grateful in particular for the advice offered by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, Americans for Responsible Solutions, Sandy Hook Promise, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, and Moms Demand Action, which helped us develop an approach for the private sale of firearms. We also appreciate the feedback provided by the Facebook Safety Advisory Board.

Last edited: