• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support Starbucks on feb.14th

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Anti-gun folks are going to boycott Starbucks on feb. 14th. Let's show our support for their firearm policies, and stop by and buy something, even if we never stop at Starbucks. I plan on telling them why I am there, and hopefully we can make the anti's look like lost causes!

Dreamer

And if you can, pay with your purchase with $2 bills. (You can get them at your bank). This denomination is rarely used, and will get the attention of the Staff at Starbucks, AND the "2" is symbolic of our support for the 2nd Amendment.

Cash drawers full of $2 bills at the end of the day in every Starbucks in the country would get their attention that's for sure. If you owned a business, who woudl you listen to for setting policy--a bunch of loud, disruptive, ranting protesters trying to convince your customers to not patronize your shop, or a bunch of quiet, polite, law-abiding people who calmly came in to your shop, purchased your product, and went about their business?

Just sayin'...

IA_farmboy

which starbucks are they gunna be at? we should open carry as a group there.

All of them. :D

This is a national movement. Carry openly if you like but the important thing here is to vote with your dollars. The Brady Campaign (under the name of a puppet organization) has called for a boycott of Starbucks on February 14. In response a grass roots effort is growing to counteract this boycott and ask people to buy something. Open carry if you like. Get a group of friends to meet up there if you can. Personally I'll probably leave the pistol in my truck, as I usually do, and go in to buy something. I don't normally stop by Starbucks but I'll treat myself that day.

I like the idea of making a purchase or tip with a $2 bill. They are uncommon enough that so many showing up on one day cannot be considered a coincidence if they show up in any quantity.

I've tried getting $2 bills at a bank before. The smaller banks don't typically keep them on hand but the larger banks do. Asking for $2 bills can cause a short time of great confusion behind the counter but someone will know what to do. I found it amusing, the people behind the counter likely did not. One thing I found out is that bills come in paper strapped bundles of 100 bills each from the mint. If you want to make things go a bit more smoothly at the bank I'd suggest asking for a strap of $2 bills, this means a $200 withdrawal. I've found they are more likely to have a strapped stack of brand new bills than a few loose ones lying about. $2 bills spend like any other cash so don't be concerned about them not being taken by shops. I've found that most every vending machine will take the bills now. Makes sense now that a soda usually costs more than a dollar now.

I recall someone mentioning that making the cashier handle $2 bills can cause unnecessary confusion as there is no spot in a standard cash drawer for $2 bills. This person suggested to instead put the $2 bill in the tip jar. Do what you like. I just think the $2 bill idea adds a bit more awareness to the issue for the people that actually work at the counter.

Tucker6900

openly? i might consider it. im trying to get some of my buddies to go with me to one of the local ones here in cr.

I dont carry any other way. And, despite the warnings of the media, and certain other pro carry sites, I have yet to have any negative encounters as a result. Myself, and two others will be OC'ing to the starbucks that day to show support.

matt2636

I dont carry any other way. And, despite the warnings of the media, and certain other pro carry sites, I have yet to have any negative encounters as a result. Myself, and two others will be OC'ing to the starbucks that day to show support.

awesome ill hit ya up if i head that way