• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HOLD 'EM

I have been reading here for a while. And something new that is being posted about a lot is open carry in hand. One guy here says he's done it a few times. And his examples are resonable types of times that it might be necessary to do it. Is this actually legal? I don't have a CPL yet. But I will be applying soon. I got some things that will be dropping off. In the mean time, I was wondering about if it would be legal if for example I loaded my pistol and then just carried it from my car parked in the street into my house? Or like that one guy, I get caught in the rain and my coat is too long to tuck over my gun without the excess flopping over it and covering it up. It seems that as long as I am not waving it around like the attorney general says it is ok that no law is broken. So is it technically legal?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I have been reading here for a while. And something new that is being posted about a lot is open carry in hand. One guy here says he's done it a few times. And his examples are resonable types of times that it might be necessary to do it. Is this actually legal? I don't have a CPL yet. But I will be applying soon. I got some things that will be dropping off. In the mean time, I was wondering about if it would be legal if for example I loaded my pistol and then just carried it from my car parked in the street into my house? Or like that one guy, I get caught in the rain and my coat is too long to tuck over my gun without the excess flopping over it and covering it up. It seems that as long as I am not waving it around like the attorney general says it is ok that no law is broken. So is it technically legal?

Hi Pat.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yep the voice does sound very familiar

Been asked and answered in other threads - no need for another one.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member

This is getting a bit ridiculous. If anyone knows an Address where Pat could be served, could you PM me. If this continues, I am going to have to do something.

Pat ... this serves as official notice that your conduct here is unwanted.

See Michigan Penal Code § 750.411h.

I hate to be a spoilsport but this is costing me time and money I don't have to deal with this day after day. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.