• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time chenge for preemption hearing!!!!!

Broondog

The Senate hearing has been moved to 1:30 PM for March 26th!

DAMN! i'm out.

i had it all worked out too. mandatory meeting at work from 10:30-11:30 then dash out to Jeff City, ETA 2:00-2:15. time to park and find the Senate Meeting Room. speak in support of the bill and maybe meet a Senator or two.

it's too late to reschedule the work meeting.

what time will the hearing be over? i can still come out and maybe meet you guys after the hearing and hit that restaurant for a meal and good conversation.

i am HIGHLY bummed!! i was just fixin' to iron my shirt and everything. sorry guys!

mspgunner

DAMN! i'm out.

i had it all worked out too. mandatory meeting at work from 10:30-11:30 then dash out to Jeff City, ETA 2:00-2:15. time to park and find the Senate Meeting Room. speak in support of the bill and maybe meet a Senator or two.

it's too late to reschedule the work meeting.

what time will the hearing be over? i can still come out and maybe meet you guys after the hearing and hit that restaurant for a meal and good conversation.

i am HIGHLY bummed!! i was just fixin' to iron my shirt and everything. sorry guys!

You arn't the only one, others have PM'd me about the change as well. I don't make these decisions. Others from this forum wil lbe there. It is possible, but unlikely that the preemption bill would still be on the floor but by then the ability to speak in favor would most likely be over. I and others will be around a while after the hearing. The OC bill is the first of 3 to be heard, we will gather outsdie of the hearing room to chat after the the hearing on the OC bill is over. Many of us have not met. I don't know how much of a hurry people will be in to leave but at least we can chat if nothing else. Ria's is not too far away:
Directions to Ria’s from the Capitol in Jefferson City:
From the Capitol take a right on U.S. Hwy 50. Go about 2.9 miles till you get to the 179 exit. (Towards Jamestown) Take the ramp, then head left under the highway. Keep going until the stop light at Edgewood (about a mile or less), then turn right on Edgewood. Go about a mile (actually I recall it was a bit further) and it is on the right. Can’t miss it!
The address is 3550 West Edgewood, Jefferson City, MO. 65109

Broondog

when you said "don't be late" i got the impression that the doors to the meeting room would be closed and late comers would be SOL. if this is not the case i can still make it to the Capitol, just fashionably late and still there for moral support of those who were able to speak.

and if nothing else i would be happy to join in on a meet-and-greet and put some faces on these monikers.

mspgunner

when you said "don't be late" i got the impression that the doors to the meeting room would be closed and late comers would be SOL. if this is not the case i can still make it to the Capitol, just fashionably late and still there for moral support of those who were able to speak.

and if nothing else i would be happy to join in on a meet-and-greet and put some faces on these monikers.

The doors can be openned, but by 2:30 or 2:45 the people speaking in favor most likely would be done. There are a number of us going, the open carry bill is first. We will meet and chat in the hall when the OC bill is finished. Then we will go to Senator Nieves' offcice, he'll still be in the hearing for a while, I'll be leaving my coat and the open carry banner there and I'll have to go pick it up. The we'll probably(?) go to Ria's. We'll have to see on that, many of the people going have never met. It would be a good chance to chat:
Directions to Ria’s from the Capitol in Jefferson City:
From the Capitol take a right on U.S. Hwy 50. Go about 2.9 miles till you get to the 179 exit. (Towards Jamestown) Take the ramp, then head left under the highway. Keep going until the stop light at Edgewood (about a mile or less), then turn right on Edgewood. Go about a mile (actually I recall it was a bit further) and it is on the right. Can’t miss it!
The address is 3550 West Edgewood, Jefferson City, MO. 65109

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Oh SHIRT!!!!!!

damn good thing I get up early, I wasn't leaving till noon!!!!

I will give you a call later gunner, gotta go style the hair and rearrange a couple of things before I leave!

Those who can't come, thanks for your support along the path to get here and keep thinking about it so we can see it cross the floor and become law!!!

I am beginning to get somewhat suspicious of the politician that was the author of this bill and the chairman of the committee that is holding the hearing on the bill. Anyone want to wager if this bill will ever get a vote and come out of committee?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I am beginning to get somewhat suspicious of the politician that was the author of this bill and the chairman of the committee that is holding the hearing on the bill. Anyone want to wager if this bill will ever get a vote and come out of committee?

I will bet a burger and a coke, we can argue the reasons behind how it goes down!

FYI as the bill sponsor, he will not chair that portion of the meeting to my limited understanding or parliamentary procedures.

Oh and could ya toss the negative energies later, I ain't a hippie or anything, but I will take Karma or any other type of positive reinforcement we can get this year after what the feds have been trying to do and the empty shelves at the ammo store!!!!!

Broondog

my thoughts were that the time change was done to throw the anti's off and make them late for the party.

"what? you wanted to speak against SB268? aww gee, too bad, that portion of the hearing is over."

things happen, it's just the course of life.

larueman

my thoughts were that the time change was done to throw the anti's off and make them late for the party.

"what? you wanted to speak against SB268? aww gee, too bad, that portion of the hearing is over."

things happen, it's just the course of life.

My mom is a cook for a school in McDonald county. She got the day off because the kids are heading for Jefferson City today. Maybe the hearing was changed in times for that or something like it.

Gotgoo

I heard something about a big home schooling rally today at the capital on the radio might be why.

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

mspgunner

WTF are you? It was heard today and the committee will vote Thursday or next Tuesday. Suspicious? Get a life! If you have no knowledge, have nothing good to say, just go to Jefferson City and give this a try yourself. Like Mom said "if you have nothing good to say... say nothing!" 8 people took toime off work, school, what ever to go to Jefferson City and go to the committee hearing and you are "SUSPICIOUS"?
I'll send you a PM right now!

Festus_Hagen

WTF are you? It was heard today and the committee will vote Thursday or next Tuesday. Suspicious? Get a life! If you have no knowledge, have nothing good to say, just go to Jefferson City and give this a try yourself. Like Mom said "if you have nothing good to say... say nothing!" 8 people took toime off work, school, what ever to go to Jefferson City and go to the committee hearing and you are "SUSPICIOUS"?
And people wonder why I don't come here anymore ...lol . Now you see Marc ! :banghead:

mspgunner

And people wonder why I don't come here anymore ...lol . Now you see Marc ! :banghead:

Yep, people complain, that kills me while you, I and others do everything possible to get th e laws changed in Missouri.
I might be right be right behind you. I am so thankful for the people from here who took the time out of their lives to go to Jefferson City and srand up for their rights and work for OC freedom. The ones that want this, want that and whine.... F^@k'em.
This bill most likely wil pass committee. If it becomes law some will whine... why didn't we get constitutional carry?

Go ahead, make my day...........Your turn.

Broondog

Yep, people complain, that kills me while you, I and others do everything possible to get th e laws changed in Missouri.
I might be right be right behind you. I am so thankful for the people from here who took the time out of their lives to go to Jefferson City and srand up for their rights and work for OC freedom. The ones that want this, want that and whine.... F^@k'em.
This bill most likely wil pass committee. If it becomes law some will whine... why didn't we get constitutional carry?

Go ahead, make my day...........Your turn.

it's easier to sit here and complain than to miss Dancing With the Stars and actually do something.

yeah, i missed the hearing but i at least showed up to support and give thanks to those who did manage to get there on time. it's too bad that more folks couldn't take time to come.

those that do take the time to get to the Capitol regularly and get face time on Reps and Senators, my hat is off to you. those of you who take the time to make other forms of contact, i salute you as well. i myself can generally only write letters (yeah those paper things with stamps on them), send emails and make phone calls.

i liken all of this to voting in an election, if you don't vote you can't bitch.

mspgunner

it's easier to sit here and complain than to miss Dancing With the Stars and actually do something.

yeah, i missed the hearing but i at least showed up to support and give thanks to those who did manage to get there on time. it's too bad that more folks couldn't take time to come.

those that do take the time to get to the Capitol regularly and get face time on Reps and Senators, my hat is off to you. those of you who take the time to make other forms of contact, i salute you as well. i myself can generally only write letters (yeah those paper things with stamps on them), send emails and make phone calls.

i liken all of this to voting in an election, if you don't vote you can't bitch.

Although you missed the hearing I admire the fact you drove further than anyone of us to get there. My hat is off to you!
amv0w8.jpg

Boba Fett

Well guys after a long day and a 3 hour history class (I was only 15 minutes late), I'm bushed. I feel very proud to have taken the time to go up there and make a difference. Like you I'm a bit frustrated by all the people who "whine" and don't make the sacrifice. But it's good to know there are a few good men and women willing to make the stand and be selfless with their time. That's what's destroying our country in all aspects, selfishness.

Festus_Hagen

Well guys after a long day and a 3 hour history class (I was only 15 minutes late), I'm bushed. I feel very proud to have taken the time to go up there and make a difference. Like you I'm a bit frustrated by all the people who "whine" and don't make the sacrifice. But it's good to know there are a few good men and women willing to make the stand and be selfless with their time. That's what's destroying our country in all aspects, selfishness.
Agreed. I thank you and Broondog for making the trip , along with everyone else who showed up to support this bill . That's what it takes, not forum bit%$g and moaning ....

What a childish juvenile PM you sent. I thought you could surely do better than that. Were you showing your true colors?