• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

waiting for cpl to arrive!!

brohemo

Hello everyone. I just got approved the second Wednesday of February for my cpl. I'm super anxious to see what it will look like. I've been trying to find a picture of the new style cpl. I can only find the sponge Bob sample picture on Google lol. Is that the newest style? If not does anyone have a picture they could show me. If so, if it's your actual cpl please block out your personal information. Thank you all.

Raggs

Hello everyone. I just got approved the second Wednesday of February for my cpl. I'm super anxious to see what it will look like. I've been trying to find a picture of the new style cpl. I can only find the sponge Bob sample picture on Google lol. Is that the newest style? If not does anyone have a picture they could show me. If so, if it's your actual cpl please block out your personal information. Thank you all.

the one I have looks like the sponge bob one http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/de...88293006c1a91db6799e91f4bcd.jpg?itok=gyTwlgYx

xmanhockey7

It varies from county to county. Mine is the old style blue paper that seemed to be pretty common several years ago even though I just got it in June. My mom's looks more like a DL.

Michigander

I'm waiting on my new one, but my old one is also the same as Raggs has. I have always thought it funny that the walking papers (ID card) in high school was made on the spot with a printer that printed them on plastic.

Arizona comes to mind. 50 year drivers license printed instantly and handed to you right after they take the picture, and if I remember right it cost less than 10 dollars. Here they cost more and take 3 weeks or so to mail it to you, and they are only good for 4 years. Here, at least in the past if not still present, counties couldn't even manage to get together the technology held by a high school, nor even to get their statist paid privilege cards processed in less than a month.

It perhaps could be argued this bureaucracy would be worth having if it achieved some greater good. But it doesn't, and on top of its uselessness it manages to be an amazing inconvenience.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

@ Michigander - Well things have changed a bit since you lived here. I got socked for $15 bucks back in 2012 & the damn DL is only good until 2031! WTF..lol :p Good news is: the older I get the cheaper the DL gets. :D

htp://www.azdot.gov/mvd/faq/driver-services

See guys & gals on the CPL renewal subject....this is exactly why MI needs Constitutional Carry. If you have a brain fart & don't get your renewal in on time or your county GB is slower than molasses in a polar vortex....you don't suddenly become a felon.:eek: You are simply covered by Con. Carry.

Last edited: