• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this what we have to look forward too?

J.Gleason

Banned
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ive-a-concealed-permit.&p=1405564#post1405564

Cabell county sheriff says you cannot open carry once you receive a concealed permit.

Hi! Greetings from Washington!

There is a discussion about open carry here:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419326

This was posted in that discussion:
Quote:
You may want to research your state laws
I just called the Cabell County Sheriff's office who gave me my permit and this is what they said

"If you have a concealed carry permit,your gun must be concealed.

You do not need a permit to carry a gun openly,but under this law your gun has to be visible at all times.

I am repeating what they told me,and i don't think i want to test the waters and taking a chance of getting my permit revoked or worse.

I don't know if you guys want to address this sheriff pushing out his personal opinions as law. I figure voting constituents would probably have a better chance at correcting him then someone from Washington state would.

Coming to Wisconsin?

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
I hope not. Has the question been asked of the legislature?

I have asked my legislators if this is what is intended for Wisconsin and they have told me that they would not support a compromise of OCW for CCW.
But that is only my legislators, I do not know what everyone else is hearing.

oak1971

I have asked my legislators if this is what is intended for Wisconsin and they have told me that they would not support a compromise of OCW for CCW.
But that is only my legislators, I do not know what everyone else is hearing.

If I could get any response from my legislators I'd post it. Apparently they don't care about any aspect of carry. Wirch and Barca are as useless as teats on boar.