• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yo Doc, if we get Superlite one of these for Christmas he will be a glock convert!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
That is a great video. That guy has a bunch of other awesome videos. He kinda makes me jealous, all the great stuff he gets to shoot. The Glock 18 is pretty cool.

peterarthur

Glocks...... pffffffffft

If you ever lived outdoors in a hot, severely humid jungle for an extended period of time, you would better understand the value of owning a Glock from a maintenance point of view. My 1911 required way too much maintenance just to stay functional in that environment. My Glock requires none. None. And my Glock has twice as many bullets and generates the highest energy ft/lbs wise, with 563 ft/lbs.. And with the tungsten spring guide, it recoils WAY less and is far more accurate. And a bottleneck cartridge feeds more reliably. And the hollowpoints I carry reduce overpenetration drastically.

Hey, I love the 1911. But there is no good excuse for dismissing the Glocks :)

Unless you just want a pretty gun.. :p

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I am constantly torn between my Glock and my 1911. I love the feel and the ability to customize my 1911. But since the glock is indeed 'perfection' there really are no upgrades to do to it to give it that "customized" feeling. I feel they really are perfect right out of the box.

Tony4310

But I don't live nor stationed in a Jungle environment so lol. I carry a simple easy to use and maint. Ruger P95. 15 rounds and only takes a few minutes to clean and put back together.

If you ever lived outdoors in a hot, severely humid jungle for an extended period of time, you would better understand the value of owning a Glock from a maintenance point of view. My 1911 required way too much maintenance just to stay functional in that environment. My Glock requires none. None. And my Glock has twice as many bullets and generates the highest energy ft/lbs wise, with 563 ft/lbs.. And with the tungsten spring guide, it recoils WAY less and is far more accurate. And a bottleneck cartridge feeds more reliably. And the hollowpoints I carry reduce overpenetration drastically.

Hey, I love the 1911. But there is no good excuse for dismissing the Glocks :)

Unless you just want a pretty gun.. :p

peterarthur

But I don't live nor stationed in a Jungle environment so lol. I carry a simple easy to use and maint. Ruger P95. 15 rounds and only takes a few minutes to clean and put back together.

Missouri summers aren't much better :) I have not touched my Glock with a brush or oil for a year and it looks awesome inside and out after about 1200 rounds and wearing it in the rain and snow. Just the slightest hint of carbon in the breech area. Barrel still shiny. If I did that with a 1911, it would be a rusty, jamming mess... lol.

Now I feel guilty for abusing the Glock so much... Maybe I will just run a bore brush through it :)

Last edited:

DWCook

Activist Member
I constantly clean and oil mine after every use. Just habit I guess, I mean even if I only shot 100 rounds I still brush and oil it. I guess Im just weird!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
No one here is seriously saying that a Glock is better than a 1911 right? That would just be craziness! The 1911 is the the greatest pistol ever invented. When Glock reaches a 100 years old and is as prolific as the 1911 then we can have a real debate. :)

peterarthur

No one here is seriously saying that a Glock is better than a 1911 right? That would just be craziness! The 1911 is the the greatest pistol ever invented. When Glock reaches a 100 years old and is as prolific as the 1911 then we can have a real debate. :)

Now I love the 1911, but she is a high maintenance princess, needs lots of TLC. Love to have her with me in public, eye candy, feels great in your hand...

On the other hand, the Glock is a booty call.... extremely useful and low maintenance. Both have their reasons for existing.

Don't ask me why I went there... I am not exploring that analogy any further...

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
LOL

OMG

LOL

there you have it folks, right from Pete, hit the nail on the head!

The 1911 is your super model wife and the Glock is a prostitute!

I kinda liked the corvette vs volvo analogy myself but yours works too Pete!!!!

I am gonna have to rent a glock next time I go to the range and see if I still hate the grip angle, if not I can always be on the winning team owning an XD a 1911 and a glock, I can be in ALL the fanboy clubs lol

has anyone made a glock select fire? I know they have in 1911 but wtf use is a full auto setting on 8 rounds> it is going to sound like a super duper loud fart.