• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"TAURUS" branded plastic retention holster similar to Serpa (iTAC Defense product)

paramedic70002

"TAURUS" branded plastic retention holster similar to Serpa (iTAC Defense product)

I just found out about this from the "TAURUS FIREARMS" FB page. Apparently they have these in stock but don't advertise them. A Taurus owner called them asking about holsters and they shipped one to him for the PT145 for around $15!

Apparently they are made by a company called 'iTAC Defense' ( http://itacdefense.com/home.aspx ) which lists one holster for the 24/7 at $32.95. They do not list a product for the PT145 so either it was a special run, discontinued, or Taurus is subbing the 24/7 for the PT145.

This looks like one I saw a Deputy carrying recently that was branded for Sig. The finger release looks like, unlike the Serpa, it is above, not over, the trigger.

I believe I'll be calling Taurus Thursday morning once by bank account gets recharged by my employer.

Attachments

• Taurus holster.jpg
    Taurus holster.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
My friend has one of these for his Taurus. He really likes it. It is very similar to the Serpa. I believe iTAC has a reputation for quality products.

Last edited:

Dogbait

I have the iTac retention holster and iTac dual magazine holster. It seems the Taurus branded holster is cheaper than the non-branded version.

Two minor issues that I have noticed, the firearm gets scuffed on the inside of the holster (It's my daily carry and wear & tear is expected, so I am not worried about *showroom quality*) and I have the 24/7 sub-compact, so the holster has about about a 1-inch gap between the end of the barrel and bottom of the holster.

IMAG0004.jpg
IMAG0007.jpg

Fallschirjmäger

Are you saying that this iTAC and the Serpa have functionally the same release?
Good question.
On both, a finger is used to press one end of a lever resting on a pin which provides a fulcrum to move a protrusion on the other end of the lever from the trigger guard. On both, the firearm is prevented from being withdrawn by a protrusion in the trigger guard and on both the end of the lever that is moved by the finger is on a level with the frame of the firearm.

I think the point could be made that they have functionally the same method of operation/release,yes. Of course, that's purely from the picture provided, I haven't handled an iTAC.

I haven't had any failures in my SERPA in ... 4 years?, but I can understand how it could happen; not everyone's hand is the same and some fingers are more likely than others to 'press in' rather than 'lay on' the release.

Christopher

I use a Blackhawk Serpa for my Taurus PT1911 ALR, I love it. It was tough finding a holster to fit my gun since i am left handed and the rails on the pt1911 are a little over sized compared to others, but with a little drummel work it fits like a glove. Those Taurus holsters are very nice though!

I just might have to put some of those on my website :cool:

the_hustleman

I just found out about this from the "TAURUS FIREARMS" FB page. Apparently they have these in stock but don't advertise them. A Taurus owner called them asking about holsters and they shipped one to him for the PT145 for around $15!

Apparently they are made by a company called 'iTAC Defense' ( http://itacdefense.com/home.aspx ) which lists one holster for the 24/7 at $32.95. They do not list a product for the PT145 so either it was a special run, discontinued, or Taurus is subbing the 24/7 for the PT145.

This looks like one I saw a Deputy carrying recently that was branded for Sig. The finger release looks like, unlike the Serpa, it is above, not over, the trigger.

I believe I'll be calling Taurus Thursday morning once by bank account gets recharged by my employer.

The serpa release button isn't over the trigger, it's along the frame.

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*

REALteach4u

Hasn't ITac been putting manufacturers names on their holsters? Sig had an ITac identical holster with their label on it.