• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Im thinking...Glock 19?

arentol

The G17 and G19 are both great firearms. However, if you have the 17 you really shouldn't need the 19 that badly. So instead of putting time and effort into finding a G19 that replicates what you already have try and get a G17 Sub-2000. They use the same magazines (thus why it is a "G17" sub2k) and once the panic ends you should be able to get a new one for about $200 less than a G19 ($300-$350). Most importantly though, they are a lot of fun. The fun aspect is hard to explain. Just suffice it to say I have never heard of anyone who bought one that didn't come back from their first time at the range with it who didn't say that it was one of the funnest guns they ever shot. Personally, it is easily my favorite to shoot and I have a bunch of other guns that other people generally consider quite fun.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The G17 and G19 are both great firearms. However, if you have the 17 you really shouldn't need the 19 that badly. So instead of putting time and effort into finding a G19 that replicates what you already have try and get a G17 Sub-2000. They use the same magazines (thus why it is a "G17" sub2k) and once the panic ends you should be able to get a new one for about $200 less than a G19 ($300-$350). Most importantly though, they are a lot of fun. The fun aspect is hard to explain. Just suffice it to say I have never heard of anyone who bought one that didn't come back from their first time at the range with it who didn't say that it was one of the funnest guns they ever shot. Personally, it is easily my favorite to shoot and I have a bunch of other guns that other people generally consider quite fun.

The best feature of the Sub 2000 is its utility. It's a fold up rifle which makes it very practical and easy to have in your trunk or just about anywhere. It's real downside is the fact that its blow back design does not allow the bolt to remain open after the last round has been fired. But it is a fun little rifle to own and shoot.

MSparks909

Love my Gen4 Glock 19. Have 1,200ish rounds through it since January. No hiccups/FTF/FTE's of any kind. Goes "bang" every time I pull the trigger. You can't really go wrong with a Glock 19.