• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lt Gov: OC not happening

davidmcbeth

Banned
The people and 2nd rights organizations (if they really are 2nd rights organizations) should hold armed drills on/nearby the capitol bldg....showing that not only are americans ready to support RKBA but are ready to fight for it.

stealthyeliminator

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...texas-lt-gov-votes-arent-there-on-open-carry/

I said this 6 months ago, but was shouted down because I didn't live in Texas, lol. You have to know the neocon species and study it. Hope he's wrong.

Dan Patrick:
"As is typical of the media looking to build wedges among conservatives, many stories took words out of context. I did not say the bill was dead but suggested instead that, because the votes were not there (at this time), it had not risen to a level of priority....at this point. That is far different than saying an issue is not a priority, it just means work still needs to be done."
"There are many in the Open Carry movement who are being productive and positive in helping to move the bill forward. The way to pass a bill is to build relationships and explain why your issue is good for Texas."
"As is typical of the media looking to build wedges among conservatives, many stories took words out of context. I did not say the bill was dead ..."

Stop spreading pessimism. We in Texas still have work to do and we don't need people slowing us down or getting us down.