• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UW Campus question

BROKENSPROKET

I think you could phrase that differently. COMMENT REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

Previously, you have stated that you knew me personally, which you don't. Hubert knows me far better already than you EVER will. I think Hubert knows that was a jestful poke, but I could be wrong. The man has very thick skin.

For those of you that may have misunderstood that, let me assure you, I have High respect for Hubert. If I put something out on a public forum, take it that way. Hubert, if I did offend you, I truly and dearly apologize. I did not mean to, but I am pretty sure you know that.

BROKENSPROKET

Hey Broken Sproket, if you want to get some attention on campus, use a van and hang the WCI banners on the side of it and park along the curb near the campus and hand out fliers and pamphlets. those can also be placed in the student lounges as well.

My Friend, I am not taking my 2A agenda with me. I will OC if it is legal and have a handful of pamphlets (thats all I have left) if the opportiunity to hand them out presents itself. That would be a great idea otherwise. I think I am dicuss it with a few others and hit UWEC. I think it should be persons local to Madison to do this at UWM.

johnny amish

The idea of publicizing on campus is a good one.

You all might be surprised at the level of interest in firearms and recreational shooting there is among students. At UWL I periodically meet groups of students at the range to safely introduce them to handguns. There are always more students interested than I can accommodate. The faculty and staff (and some students) are where you will find almost all of the vitriolic anti-gun crap on campus.

Would it be possible to set up a table with gun rights info. on it like we do at the gun shows? We could have someone there to help answer questions, sell t-shirts or maybe sign up new members. I would be interested in giving this a try. Let me know if I can help.

The Don

I feel bad for guys that think they have to report every little thing.

Some guys on here never say anything meaningful about anything and the ones that are opinionated get ratted out by those that aren't.

I feel bad for guys that think they have to belittle, diminish and engage in personal attacks to anyone who disagrees with them in order to make themselves feel better.

Opinions are fine - belittling, name calling, personal attacks are not. Those are the things I report, not opinions.

I feel bad for guys that think they have to belittle, diminish and engage in personal attacks to anyone who disagrees with them in order to make themselves feel better.

Opinions are fine - belittling, name calling, personal attacks are not. Those are the things I report, not opinions.

+10000

Spartacus

Banned

Bullsh!t.

There are any number of posts here that insult me but I let it go, and you never would report those now would you?

It looks like you are moving up on OCDO after making a career out of dissing me...

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Would it be possible to set up a table with gun rights info. on it like we do at the gun shows? We could have someone there to help answer questions, sell t-shirts or maybe sign up new members. I would be interested in giving this a try. Let me know if I can help.

Johnny, I'll send you a PM when I get home.

EDITED: Never mind. I realized you were talking to Professor Gun and were probably referencing UWL, not my trip to UWM.

Last edited:

The Don

Bullsh!t.

There are any number of posts here that insult me but I let it go, and you never would report those now would you?

It looks like you are moving up on OCDO after making a career out of dissing me... y

First, I'm not interested in "moving up" on OCDO. Even if I was, I'm not aware of any sort of hierarchy here to try and move up through.

Second, I'm not making a career out of dissing you. Aside from the time I compared you to my daughter, which I retracted and for which I apologized and the one personal attack I had deleted (and rightly so) for which I also admitted I was out of line, I've never dissed you. Do I disagree with you on some issues? Yes. And I've tried to discuss those with you calmly and rationally. Do I think you're out of line when you engage in personal attacks, belittling, name calling, etc? Yes. Do I report those? Yes. (Unless it's about me. I've never reported a personal attack you've made on me.)

Third, and I know this is going to fall on deaf ears, have you paid any attention to the growing number of members who post to tell you that you're out of line? Have you paid any attention to the growing number of posts you've had reported and subsequently deleted? Do you think the Administrator would delete your posts if he didn't agree they were inappropriate? Do you honestly think I'm the sole reason behind these trends? If so, you give me far more credit than I deserve.

As I've said before (many times), I don't agree with you on every issue, but at the same time I think you raise some valid points, or at least points worth a discussion. Raise those points civilly, discuss and debate them without resorting to name calling, belittling, and/or personal attacks and I'll never report a single post.

Engage in personal attacks, name call, belittle...I'll report it every time (unless it's directed at me).

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Administrative rules are established by a state agency and approved by the legislature. Any member of the state legislature can request that an agency (i.e. DNR, UW System) change a rule or introduce legislation prohibiting implementation or enforcement of the rule. Don't like the way the DNR or the UW has taken control of firearm laws? Contact your legislative representatives and ask them to take action to make the agency change the rule or prohibit its enforcement. Don't let them put the focus on the evil state agency rather than on the rule the legislature permitted to take and remain in effect.

Last edited:

professor gun

I will look into it. There are rules that basically require some notification of what you want to do and filling out some paper work. I would be glad to have your help. It has been pretty nuts with the start of the new academic year but things are settling down. If you don't hear from me by the end of Sept PM me (I often forget these great ideas with everything else going on).

johnny amish

I will look into it. There are rules that basically require some notification of what you want to do and filling out some paper work. I would be glad to have your help. It has been pretty nuts with the start of the new academic year but things are settling down. If you don't hear from me by the end of Sept PM me (I often forget these great ideas with everything else going on).

Looking foreward to helping.

WisMike

UW-Milwaukee carry

I can only speak about UW-Milwaukee. The Hartford University School is an MPS School and is located on the corner of Hartford Ave. and Maryland Ave. The 1000' foot rule covers almost all parts of the main campus of UWM, except a few feet on the far NE corner of the main campus, near Downer and Edgewood.

The UWM Police are well aware of this. Just sayin'.