• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Open Carry . Org! Update

ChiangShih

Hey everyone! MissouriOpenCarry.org is officially up and running (completely!)

http://missouriopencarry.org/default.html

The media section will be updated with more pictures and videos and will continue to grow with the movement. Also, the FAQs will be undergoing some editing and the addition of a "why I open carry" page but that is not important ATM. If there are any suggestions or comments please let me know.

ChiangShih

Is anyone else having any problems with the video playback? It is working on my end. Goal what browser are you using?

randyj

Looks good!

Hey everyone! MissouriOpenCarry.org is officially up and running (completely!)

http://missouriopencarry.org/default.html

The media section will be updated with more pictures and videos and will continue to grow with the movement. Also, the FAQs will be undergoing some editing and the addition of a "why I open carry" page but that is not important ATM. If there are any suggestions or comments please let me know.

The site really looks good! It appears you're making great progress! I also see that the "Donations" link is up and running. CONGRATS!

Could you PM me, or post it here if you feel it appropriate to do so...but where is the money going to be held, who will be administering it...and who or what group of individuals will be making the decisions on how the money will be spent?

Is there going to be a core group or "board" of people who will meet to discuss the issues and provide guidance and direction, as well as "checks and balances"? If so, how will this "board of directors" be determined? Or, will you be administering it directly?

Last edited:

ChiangShih

I'm not sure what the problem a few of you are having with the video could be. The way its coded it is simply an embedded youtube video. I plan to do some editing to that section and include a photo gallery of meetings and events. Hopefully that will resolve any issues. For now, if you use any other browser you might try seeing if the video plays in them.

@Randy, any donation money will be held in an online account specifically set up for MOOC. The account is registered as a nonprofit political organization and is set up to accept donations. As for administration of the money, -if- donations do come in the first priority will be to pay the hosting company's domain and server fees. After the servers are paid for (roughly $100 dollars for a year of hosting with the specific service package) any overflow donations will be discussed on a community level. None of the money will be going in pocket for design work or maintenance man hours (that is my and my wife's donation :D) or for any other reason.

The website currently doesn't have a governing body. Because of its small size and directive, which is to be and informative PR website, a board of directors has not been something I've considered. Also on that note, I want to keep the developmental involvement more on a community level. Everyone can put in ideas, take votes, majority rules sort of thing. As in any form of governing body I'm sure we will work out any kinks and it may be subject to change over time as the website takes shape and direction. Essentially, I plan to have updates and bring issues in person at local meetings and anything discussed I will share on here for those wanting to participate in the project in other regions of MO. Also, the regional contact volunteers are encouraged to discuss the website with their OC groups and bring forth ideas and opinions. If growth calls for it and a board of directors does take shape I have no doubt it will be comprised of the most motivated and active individuals who have the best in mind for the organization and OC as a whole.

Checks and balances shouldn't be a problem. Again, as the directive and current size of the website does not necessarily mandate much oversight; any issue can be brought directly to me, regional contacts, or the community on the forum and subsequently resolved. Less bureaucratic red tape that way :D
If the worry of checks and balances is in anyway related to the possibility of monetary transactions let me assure you, any and all donations will be handled as honestly and transparently as possible without risking server account information or donor privacy. Moreover, all of the donations are handled by paypal through their website and not by anyone at MOOC directly, so no personal financial records or information is at risk or even viewable by anyone at MOOC.

Hope I covered everything. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Big Boy

In my humble opinion I would take the "CONTACTS" and move it to a main link in the header, rather than just listed in the links section. The contacts aren't really links, and if I were looking for more information on OC the header "CONTACTS" would be the first thing I'd click, rather than links for affiliates.

Also you can add me as a contact for Columbia, Mo. Seems I'm moving there next month. I'll pm you my email.

ChiangShih

In my humble opinion I would take the "CONTACTS" and move it to a main link in the header, rather than just listed in the links section. The contacts aren't really links, and if I were looking for more information on OC the header "CONTACTS" would be the first thing I'd click, rather than links for affiliates.

Also you can add me as a contact for Columbia, Mo. Seems I'm moving there next month. I'll pm you my email.

I've considered that as well, I will see what I can do.

Marc

I think the site looks great so far, and for those having problems with the video switch to Google Chrome, you will always have a bad experience if you use IE. Thats not just a personal opinion that is a fact from some of the most highly respected nerds on the internet.

kylemoul

yes...as a tech i do not use IE, but for the sake of the website, you cannot expect everyone to use a 3rd party browser to view your content.

my opinion though