• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why it's important to have a pro-2A President

Firedawg314

I did not know the vote was that close! I hate to say it, but I would not vote for him, after he took office he made me really nervous about 2A. Next then I know, price of bullets went up and people where buying guns like fireworks on the 4th of July. Even I as a "Democrate" can see the importance of 2A, even as a child.

Like I mention before, if we want to see better votes and support of 2A, its all about education. To educate the people. I'm willing to get with people and go to places like, local high schools, etc have a open forum to openly speak about our rights to bare arms.

When you think about it... how much is our voice heard if we only speak to 2A supporters?

For me, as of yesterday (I went back out with my gun for dinner), I sat with an old couple I knew back in college. His wife is pro 2A and he is not??? The reason why he isn't, well, he's a teacher at a elementry school and he is so brain wash how guns are bad. Yeah, really its that bad. But he LOVES knifes and swords. Ah, we have "common" intrest, a weapon. I let him know, here in Missouri carry's the same charge as a gun as for a knife when its concealed. He was a bit shocked and thought the police would be "light" wiht him because its a "small" knife. NOPE, doesn't matter. So I spend about 2 hours explaining the simlairties of his love of knifes with 2A.

I think the angle is to teach people that if our rights to bare arms, will also throw away their rights to have those pretty knifes, batons/sticks, anything to "hurt, harm or even introduce leathal force". See, education is the key.

In fact in about a few hours we are going up to Calbelas to look at some guns. So, one more win for 2A supporter. This will turn into a few more wins because he will talk to others and so forth.

If we want better laws and a better life, we must talk to those who are (voters) Democrates, Independent, etc. As we know, those in government will make something look like one things and have "PORK" in it to take away something else, and in the end, costing us tax payers a lot more.

For example, when I lived in California back in the late 90's, Governor Gray Davis was in office. Gas cost through out the nation about 90 cents a gallon! THere, it average $1.65 a gallon! People fought for years to get rid of an additive that was only being used in California... it added about 15 cents a gallon, which wasn't needed. AFter years of fighting and the vote was in. To no longer require the additive. Next thing you knew, the day after the vote, gas jumped up 35 cent's per gallon!!! "because the additive is now illegal to have" so companies must spend money to remove the additive! Now, does that make any sense? But that's government.

mspgunner

There are a lot of gun owners in the country that don't know jack squat about what's happening with 2A rights.
The discussion site: www.missouricarry.com
has many of the most firearm know stuff people in Missouri, worth signing up for. Works like this site does, the MSSA has existed since 1928 (Not just on the web) before Al Gore.

PistolPackingMomma

I think rather than just having a pro-2A president, we should strive for a pro-Constitution president. Why settle for less than 100%?

Last edited:

Redbaron007

100% is a great level to strive to; however, in reality, not realistic. Although, I will support one who will do as much as possible to fulfill it.

Out of the current group of fish in the sea, Romeny is the one I'm not real comfortable with. JMHO.