• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Went to my local Wal-Mart this morning.

CSINEV

I was headed out to the shooting park this morning with my daughter for some quality time together and we needed to pick up some ammo. I stopped at New Frontier, I like to support the local guys when ever I can, being in business for myself I know how important it is to do that. But they weren't open until 10:00am and it was only 8:45am:cry: So I remembered someone told me Wal-Mart carried the ammo I needed and they were on the way to the park any how.:D Now I always carry my Glock 23 .40 openly on my side whenever I'm headed out to the park. So when I pulled up to the Wal-Mart I was a little hesitant about going in with it on my hip. I walked up to the doors to see if they had any signs. I couldn't see any so I figured WTH lets go. When I got to the counter I found 6 to 8 people waiting for service and no employee around, :banghead: typical Wal-Mart protocol. I was set at ease when I saw two other people openly carrying and the rest were conceal carry. How did I know if they were carrying you might ask. Because their shirt was a bit too tight around the waist and I could easily see the out line of the holster:eek: Any way I bought my ammo and walked out the door without so much as a look or glance from any employee or customer.:banana: All in all a really good experience. :)

usmcmustang

I was headed out to the shooting park this morning with my daughter for some quality time together and we needed to pick up some ammo. I stopped at New Frontier, I like to support the local guys when ever I can, being in business for myself I know how important it is to do that. But they weren't open until 10:00am and it was only 8:45am:cry: So I remembered someone told me Wal-Mart carried the ammo I needed and they were on the way to the park any how.:D Now I always carry my Glock 23 .40 openly on my side whenever I'm headed out to the park. So when I pulled up to the Wal-Mart I was a little hesitant about going in with it on my hip. I walked up to the doors to see if they had any signs. I couldn't see any so I figured WTH lets go. When I got to the counter I found 6 to 8 people waiting for service and no employee around, :banghead: typical Wal-Mart protocol. I was set at ease when I saw two other people openly carrying and the rest were conceal carry. How did I know if they were carrying you might ask. Because their shirt was a bit too tight around the waist and I could easily see the out line of the holster:eek: Any way I bought my ammo and walked out the door without so much as a look or glance from any employee or customer.:banana: All in all a really good experience. :)

I routinely OC in a variety of WalMart stores... never an issue.

The Big Guy

Good job. Now if we could ask you to please not use the county park until such time as the county decides to follow state law.

Why would anyone want to financially support the county when it denies us our rights under the law? I will not support a private company that makes that decision and they have every legal right to do so. Doesn't it make even more sense not to support your government when they do the same thing but under color of law?

I called for a boycott of the County Shooting park a long time ago and few heeded the call as they "liked" shooting there too much to give it up. I took a lot of heat for it. I have let the NVFAC (Don Turner) know of my dissatisfaction with the associations ties to the county park. Steve is one of the few who has also spoken out about it and never lets an opportunity go by to mention it. Good show Bubba...

TBG

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

The only Walmart I don't carry in is at "Three Nations Plaza" in Reno. It's tribal land, and a whole new set of rules.

Everyplace else, I carry on.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
The only Walmart I don't carry in is at "Three Nations Plaza" in Reno. It's tribal land, and a whole new set of rules.

Everyplace else, I carry on.

I remember seeing something here a while back which said that tribal law didn't apply at the Wally World there. I haven't tried it yet nor pursued the question, but I've looked for any signs indicating that tribal law applies. Seeing no "fair warning" would be a good defense, and I may try it sometime with an airsoft pistol in my holster.

renoglock22

I remember seeing something here a while back which said that tribal law didn't apply at the Wally World there. I haven't tried it yet nor pursued the question, but I've looked for any signs indicating that tribal law applies. Seeing no "fair warning" would be a good defense, and I may try it sometime with an airsoft pistol in my holster.

In my CCW class the instructor told us that you probably wouldn't be arrested for having the gun but the tribal police would confiscate it and you would have to pay a hefty fee to get it back. She said that included the Wal-Mart there because it is on tribal land.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Isn't that the one that Harry Reid uses to get his NRA endorsements?

When the shooting park first came on line, I was a proponant and supporter. I bought a "buy 10 get 11 card, and the whole works. Shortly after TBG posted with his critical thinking, and I have only been back to protest. I still have 2 paid visits left on my card that are unused.

The Big Guy

When the shooting park first came on line, I was a proponant and supporter. I bought a "buy 10 get 11 card, and the whole works. Shortly after TBG posted with his critical thinking, and I have only been back to protest. I still have 2 paid visits left on my card that are unused.

You are indeed one of the few. We need to do another get together at the park to leave some pamphlets on windshields and talk to people. Should do it on a more or less regular basis. Maybe we can get more people to show up to help.

You know, going back to something you brought up a long time ago, we seriously need to get a local committee together, meet and talk some of this stuff up face to face. Make some real definitive plans how to proceed on some of these ideas. Get people to volunteer to head up some of these efforts. There are too few of us to take on so much.

Thanks for your input

TBG

DVC

In my CCW class the instructor told us that you probably wouldn't be arrested for having the gun but the tribal police would confiscate it and you would have to pay a hefty fee to get it back. She said that included the Wal-Mart there because it is on tribal land.

I don't trust CCW instructors to know what they are talking about. I have known some real experts, and some others who were not -- and there is no way to tell the difference until later.

However, this is why I would use an airsoft gun -- something that I can abandon without losing any money. I'm sure that I can find a broken one somewhere.

Of course, the more direct way would be to just call the tribal police and ask them about it -- including whatever they have in writing.

The bottom line here is that if it is legal, we shouldn't be afraid to do it, and if not legal, we should know once and for all.

DVC

You know, going back to something you brought up a long time ago, we seriously need to get a local committee together, meet and talk some of this stuff up face to face. Make some real definitive plans how to proceed on some of these ideas. Get people to volunteer to head up some of these efforts. There are too few of us to take on so much.

Excuse me, but wasn't that what NVFAC said that they were there for, long moons ago . . ?

The Big Guy

Of course, the more direct way would be to just call the tribal police and ask them about it -- including whatever they have in writing.

I would never suggest to ask the cops, tribal or otherwise, they havn't a clue or will lie to you. The key here is as DVC says "in writing" and make them supply a copy to you. In other words cite the law.

TBG

Merlin

You are indeed one of the few. We need to do another get together at the park to leave some pamphlets on windshields and talk to people. Should do it on a more or less regular basis. Maybe we can get more people to show up to help.

Thanks for your input

TBG

Agreed. I'm still learning, but I am available for such things. And I'll bring my kids. What better time to teach them about standing up for their rights than now? I'm sure I'll regret it when they are teenagers...

Clearly, we need to establish a bat-signal.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

DON`T TREAD ON ME

My understanding of "indian land issues" is this:

White man live under White man law "state law"
Red man live under Red man law "tribal law"

Accent thrown in for illistrative purposes only.

So if you are not Native american, or don't fit the blood criteria, you fall under State law, up to a certain threshhold.(Felony I beleive) Of course they can kick you off their land for OCing, but not the State Highway Etc.

Last edited: