• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lobby Day 2016

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
VCDL's Lobby Day (1/18/2016) agenda was an unparalleled, unmitigated fantastic, overwhelming success!

Official estimates (no cite) tabulated approximately 1,000 people, with perhaps as many as twelve hundred defenders of the RKBA.

A sea of orange GSL stickers everywhere - looked like the Orange Bowl at halftime.

A lot of planning, preparation, and delivery paid off in a BIG way. Special thanks to all (many hands) involved. The result was that the boots on the ground (you) carried the ball in such formidable fashion.

This ol' man's emotions were on high alert and my heart swelled with pride. I am reminded of several fitting phrases: Where do we find such people?, This merry Band of Brothers, None so fair as can compare, Stand up and be counted.

Bottom line - I salute you......you did it!

Give your impressions, post your pictures & videos. Celebrate.

BTW - the anti group (Mad Moms) that followed us at the Bell Tower were said to have had about a dozen people total. Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205113601034040&set=gm.554871144664322&type=3&theater

Last edited:

scouser

IMG_0942 copy.jpg

IMG_0943 copy.jpg

IMG_0946 copy.jpg

IMG_0949 copy.jpg

IMG_0966 copy.jpg

IMG_0972 copy.jpg

IMG_0973 copy.jpg

these next 3 were actually taken by Logan using the camera he's carrying in the previous photo

IMG_0004 copy.jpg

IMG_0014 copy.jpg

IMG_0015 copy.jpg

Last edited:

taurusfan

The Governor was wearing a "Background checks save lives" sticker. They also had on hand the dad of Allison Parker whose murderer passed a background check.

From the Times Dispatch, '“We have not changed our tune one iota. And we are just warming up,” McAuliffe said while encouraging the crowd to lobby their state legislators. “It is our goal to make Virginia the safest state in the United States of America, and we are not going to let them stop us.”'

I'm sorry to hear him say this because he should have changed his tune after he angered so many people he claims to serve.

scooter348

Sorry I couldn't be there, but I had to attend a funeral.

Here is the quote from Terry McAwful that worries me the most: "If you can't buy one, you shouldn't have one in the house either," McAuliffe said. "And we're going to come get it and get it of your house."

VaGunTrader

Sorry I couldn't be there, but I had to attend a funeral.

Here is the quote from Terry McAwful that worries me the most: "If you can't buy one, you shouldn't have one in the house either," McAuliffe said. "And we're going to come get it and get it of your house."

where did you see this? post a link if you can

user

Accomplished Advocate
... McAuliffe said while encouraging the crowd to lobby their state legislators. “It is our goal to make Virginia the safest state in the United States of America, and we are not going to let them stop us.”'...

I reckon if he has his way, we'll be just as safe as Washington or Prince George's Co., Md.

I think we have to ask the carpetbagger, exactly why does he want to promote criminal violence? How does that fit into his agenda? More money for the law-enforcement and punishment industry? Greater dependence upon The State? Or is he just afraid that black folks will own guns (a recurring problem, as we saw in California when the Black Panther Party began asserting their right to self-defense, and when Ronald Reagan reacted by starting the national trend to gun control)?

Last edited:

OC for ME

I reckon if he has his way, we'll be just as safe as Washington or Prince George's Co., Md.

I think we have to ask the carpetbagger, exactly why does he want to promote criminal violence? How does that fit into his agenda? More money for the law-enforcement and punishment industry? Greater dependence upon The State?
Rhetorical questions?

VaGunTrader

is this becoming California?

In addition to calling for background checks at gun shows, McAuliffe has stressed the need to require gun forfeiture in situations of domestic violence, a power that lies with judges and prosecutors.
“If you can’t buy one, you shouldn’t have one in the house either,” McAuliffe said. “And we’re going to come get it and get it out of your house.”

so.....If I get mad and smack my wife McAullife is going to send the law to my house and not only take my guns but my wifes guns? How is she to protect herself if I get really mad???

VaGunTrader

Now if I understand correctly if you are found guilty of domestic violence you can no longer purchase a gun from an FFL.
Now you are not a felon so you can still own a gun though...right?

OC for ME

In addition to calling for background checks at gun shows, McAuliffe has stressed the need to require gun forfeiture in situations of domestic violence, a power that lies with judges and prosecutors.
“If you can’t buy one, you shouldn’t have one in the house either,” McAuliffe said. “And we’re going to come get it and get it out of your house.”

so.....If I get mad and smack my wife McAullife is going to send the law to my house and not only take my guns but my wifes guns? How is she to protect herself if I get really mad???
Appeal to emotion is what McAuliffe is doing. The real question, will the law apply to cops as well? Will this disbar a cop from being issued a company firearm while on the clock?

sidestreet

Of course not…,

Appeal to emotion is what McAuliffe is doing. The real question, will the law apply to cops as well? Will this disbar a cop from being issued a company firearm while on the clock?

there are double, triple, quadruple standards as well as the dreaded "double secret probation", "triple dog dare ya'", and vest pocket "agreements" THEY will use so to "entitle" THEM, especially if THEY'RE there to take away OUR firearms!!!

Looking for a FAIR SHAKE? Try next Fall at the Meadow Farm, they'll be there for a week or so, depending on the weather.

SARC/OFF

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ladies and gents - the OP/subject is Lobby Day and related - preferably with pictures/videos or personal experiences.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Some excellent photos of Lobby Day 2016:
http://vcdl.org/Photo-Albums

12507402_1140218822662452_2743850451748689678_n.jpg

The Va-Alert dated Jan 19th provides an great synopsis:
http://www.listbox.com/member/archi...9220307:4D94DD72-BF22-11E5-BD56-9098F010038B/

Firearms Iinstuctor

What's it with all the socking hats and heavy coats you guy's are acting like it cold out. :lol:

There's not even snow on the ground and the grass is green.

It was 4 above here yesterday and I was out side with a coat. :)

But then 4 above seems warm after it has been -20 and below for a few days. :rolleyes: