• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC stories good and bad or even boring

PiercedMaineOC

In Brunswick? Really? I was shooting behind my brothers place a couple weeks ago in Brunswick down in the ravines. As we were rapping up, we noticed a couple of Brunswick's Finest watching us. We policed our brass, and shot shells, and hiked up to the house where they met us. I had my XD on my hip, my brother his Glock 23, and in our hands my P22, my Rem 870, and my brothers Mosin.

One officer had his hand on his gun, and the other with a beautiful AR set up on a single point sling. They gave us no trouble, just said that someone called in a noise complaint, so out they came. They noted we were clearly shooting safely, talked guns with us for a minute, confessed to being gun nuts them selves, and informed us that if we planned on shooting there again, we needed to have one of the officers from the firearms division (or something like that) come out and certify the area as a safe "range". We were told there was no fee involved and that way should someone call in again, they could simply inform the caller that we were good to go.

They shook hands with us, and away they went, with everyone happy.

Shame that the other officers mentioned weren't as level headed and understanding. So it's not all of BPD, just some. Bummer.

boyscout399

So it's not all of BPD, just some. Bummer.

In almost every dept there will be some supporters and some against. There will be some bad eggs and some good eggs. It all depends on who's on duty that day and who responds. We can only educate one dept at a time until they're all up to date :)

Flashlight

I was just out for a walk in Sanford and I saw a cop pull into a business up ahead. As I approached he got out of his car and asked me if I had a minute to talk. I told him that I would rather not talk and he said have a good day and off I went.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I was just out for a walk in Sanford and I saw a cop pull into a business up ahead. As I approached he got out of his car and asked me if I had a minute to talk. I told him that I would rather not talk and he said have a good day and off I went.

+1 Not even the hint of you being the bad guy for not wanting to participate in his contact. Good Cop.

carry for myself

went for a nice OC walk this morning in the pouring rain, carolina tucked the weapon. Few officers looked like they wanted to stop. but probably didnt wanna get wet haha. +1 to the weather :-D

carry for myself

a "carolina tuck" is an easy way to OC with a long coat. instead of having the coat bottom behind the holster. you actually take the coat and swing it behind the pistols grip as if you were about to un-holster, and you "tuck" it behind the pistol. leaving it in plain sight with the jacket tucked behind it, instead of next to it :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
a "carolina tuck" is an easy way to OC with a long coat. instead of having the coat bottom behind the holster. you actually take the coat and swing it behind the pistols grip as if you were about to un-holster, and you "tuck" it behind the pistol. leaving it in plain sight with the jacket tucked behind it, instead of next to it :)

Those of us in Virginia do not give up/forfeit the right to claim title that as our own "Virginia Tuck."

Whether a shirt or a jacket/coat is "tucked" behind the grip or the rear of the holster matters not. It was a quick and easy way to move from CC to OC and frequently utilized back when we could not CC in restaurants serving alcohol, but OCing was legal.

carry for myself

Those of us in Virginia do not give up/forfeit the right to claim title that as our own "Virginia Tuck."

Whether a shirt or a jacket/coat is "tucked" behind the grip or the rear of the holster matters not. It was a quick and easy way to move from CC to OC and frequently utilized back when we could not CC in restaurants serving alcohol, but OCing was legal.

thats just the phrase i heard haha could be an alaska tuck or a arbys tuck haha either or same thing :)