• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dick's Sporting Goods pulls semi automatic rifles

Jack House

Dick's have, for the time being, pulled all AR-15 and other undisclosed rifles from the shelves of all their stores. They also pulled all firearms from their stores near Newtown.

http://fox17online.com/2012/12/18/dicks-sporting-goods-suspends-sales-of-semi-automatic-rifles/

Guess I won't be shopping at Dick's ever. Which kinda sucks, I get the feeling they will be the closest large sporting goods store. Well, aside from Academy. But I don't like Academy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

protias

Because people can't kill in other ways...A baseball bat and screw driver are never looked at by people.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The move was made out of respect for the victims and families of last week’s Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting “during this time of national mourning,” the store said in a statement Tuesday morning.

Oh, lets just forget the men and women who have died defending our constitution ... nah, they don't mean anything.

The government promised us security and when they cannot deliver they blame us...

rushcreek2

I've been noticing that the CT State Police spokeman's so-called "updates" to the press have taken a turn towards milking the ANTI-guns & ammo emotions aroused by the Newton tragedy- one that could have been prevented with even minimal armed counter-measures.

This tactic is designed and intended to garner just such reactions by retailers such as Dickies, Academy, Walmart, and others.

What other reason accounts for the belabored rhetoric about tracing each gun, and shell casing to the work bench where it was manufactured ?

The criminal directly responsible for this targedy is known. The weaponry used is known - and yet this State Tooper goes on and on about efforts to trace the geneology of the guns and bullets....WHY ? ...... in order to martial maximum negative public opinion against the objects selected by the actor ... while refusing to address the obvious reasons that the actor was able to suceed in murdering 26 people while the only armed people who could possibly have stopped the massacre where still enroute to the scene.

Not surprisingly public school boards, and administrators are refusing to admit that on site armed protection is the common sense step that needs to be taken immediately.

If they concede this already obvious conclusion - then they admit that THEY COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO PREVENT THIS TRAGEDY. Rather than do that - they will continue to try to deflect attention away from their own failure to protect those children and on the need for more stringent gun/ammo bans which will do absolutely NOTHING to protect school children, and staff today or in the future.

This approach is in my opinion inherently criminal. Parents, teachers and administrators must demand more effective security be put in place immmediately by public school districts.

slayerinokc

cheaperthandirt.com pulled ALL FIREARMS from their website this morning and then posted a statement on their facebook and twitter pages saying they're reviewing their policies.

Jack House

cheaperthandirt.com pulled ALL FIREARMS from their website this morning and then posted a statement on their facebook and twitter pages saying they're reviewing their policies.
Ugh, another bows to the hysterics.

Does anyone else remember about 10-15 years ago when a bunch of cons escaped from prison and stole a bunch of guns from Oshman's? They didn't stop selling guns until they were bought out by dirty hippies and guns were stolen from THEM.

I remember this because I lived right down the street from Northcross where it happened and that was my favorite mall.

45acpForMe

Boo Hiss to Dicks!!!

So let me get this straight.

They implement laws to stop "certain" people from buying firearms and it actually works against a person that later commits murder, but they are not happy with that fact and decide to stop all people from buying any firearms!!! I think all ford and chevy dealers should stop selling cars since so many are killed each year in auto accidents and they should especially not sell you one even if you are a safe driver!

After a couple of days it went from Bushmaster found in the car to being the exclusive weapon used.

I also heard that the rifle was found in the car. I was shocked when I heard the medical examiner say all injuries were caused by the rifle!!!! I guess he must have run it out to the car then went back in to commit suicide! Something STINKS! Either their facts were incredibly wrong or someone is cooking the story to suit their agenda. I think the latter is highly possible.

Jack House

Well, there was that massive 100 car pile up on Thanksgiving.

WalkingWolf

Then the Hell with Dick's and cheaperthandirt. Who are cheaperthandirt's biggest customers? It sure is not the anti-gun people!

+1 All Dick's managed to do is lose revenue that will cost some people their jobs. It is a yuppie business anyway, and will not make a lick of difference in gun sales. I won't be doing any business with either of them, and intend to tell them so.

eye95

Dick's has always been a Blue company. I haven't shopped there since they made a big deal out of supporting leftist candidates.

Anyway, they should send all there semi-auto rifles to us. We can't keep 'em in stock, and our distributors are running low. Also, extra mags are getting scarce, and .223 and 5.56 ammo has flown off the shelves.

Politicians open their mouths and our sales skyrocket.

Another record day, our best Tuesday ever.

sharkey

You can still browse guns at cheaperthandirt but it says they don't sell firearms.

Attachments

• Selection_005.jpg
    Selection_005.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 104

WalkingWolf

It is eventually going to come out that the shooter actually did not use the rifle, and a lot of people are going to have egg on their face.

M

McX

the place i work at didnt pull any guns, they just sold out entirely, including ammo.