• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How will you respond if Republican sellouts break the Paul-Lee-Cruz filibuster?

rushcreek2

It is an indisputable fact that the "people" referred to in the 2nd Amendment were 100 percent MALE - comprising the militia. Therefore it logically would follow that citizens of the female gender have no CONSTITUTIONALLY SECURED right to keep - let alone actually BEAR ARMS - lest at the forebearance of their fathers, brothers, husbands, or sons.

Last edited:

END_THE_FED

It is an indisputable fact that the "people" referred to in the 2nd Amendment were 100 percent MALE - comprising the militia. Therefore it logically would follow that citizens of the female gender have no CONSTITUTIONALLY SECURED right to keep - let alone actually BEAR ARMS - lest at the forebearance of their fathers, brothers, husbands, or sons.

equal protection clause

Beretta92FSLady

Well then. So, the Second Amendment spoke nothing to Females?

If that's your conclusion, I encourage anyone who wants to come pick up my firearms, I'm your Huckleberry.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm going to propose a new forum rule: before anyone can respond to B92Lady, he must read at least three pages of her post history.

That ought to show her extensive history of self-contradiction, intellectual dishonesty, going in circles, evasion, and dismissiveness. If anybody is dumb enough to argue with her after reading her post history, they deserve any frustration they get.

Beretta92FSLady

I'm going to propose a new forum rule: before anyone can respond to B92Lady, he must read at least three pages of her post history.

That ought to show her extensive history of self-contradiction, intellectual dishonesty, going in circles, evasion, and dismissiveness. If anybody is dumb enough to argue with her after reading her post history, they deserve any frustration they get.

I'm not the only person who engages in those items.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you, and others, aspiring for Truth.

Don't blame me for the nature of logic, or reason, I didn't instill it with contradictions. Life is a paradox....dig it!

WalkingWolf

She likes the attention, IMO. Not that there is anything wrong with that, all of us do to some extent or we wouldn't be posting on a social site. But some just don't care what kind of attention they get or how. I honestly try to limit my contact with this type but I admit the more outrageous the post the harder it is to just walk away. Something to do with that train wreck theory.

ADobbs1989

I'll disagree with that on the sole basis that the militia has NOTHING to do with the right to keep and bear arms. It simply states that for a state to remain secure it needs the ability to form a militia, and in order to conceive of a militia the people(everyone) has the right to keep and bear arms. It doesn't say the right of the "militia members" to keep and bear arms. It says everyone.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
She likes the attention, IMO. Not that there is anything wrong with that, all of us do to some extent or we wouldn't be posting on a social site. But some just don't care what kind of attention they get or how. I honestly try to limit my contact with this type but I admit the more outrageous the post the harder it is to just walk away. Something to do with that train wreck theory.

Oh, its easy. I saw who quoted me just above, and then didn't even bother to read it. I just scrolled right past down to your post. Piece of cake.

She doesn't pay genuine attention to other people's logic. In fact, given her self-contradictory history, she doesn't even pay attention to her own ideas. Why should anyone else bother to pay attention to her?

Last edited:

Gil223

Please, let's keep this thread clean, my friend. The filibuster you're talking about is not the filibuster Paul is engaged in; Senators do not have to talk during a filibuster, anymore.
Senators do not have to do anything about anything, but they are not prohibited from taking the floor if that is what they desire. Historically, the filibuster has been a useful tool for the Senate minority party since 1841. In the Senate, unlimited debate continues on the grounds that any Senator should have the right to speak as long as necessary on any issue. Debate is only limited in the House. "Cloture", the tool available to limit lengthy speeches since 1975, requires 60 votes to end a filibuster. If they can't get those votes, they get to listen awhile longer.

Paul is less than a Patriot, he refuses to follow the Constitution. The filibuster IS NOT in the Constitution. Maybe Paul will read about that during his silent filibuster?
The filibuster is a procedure, and therefore not in the Constitution... but that does not make it a violation of the Constitution any more than using Robert's Rules of Order is a violation of the Constitution.

Indefinite filibusters, particularly silent ones, are for cowards...no wonder Paul is engaged in them so regularly.
The "silent filibuster" is another legitimate political tool. The announcement by the either party of an impending filibuster in the Senate forces them to take one of five actions, or possibly endure a 24 hour-18 minute "Strom Thurmond Special". They may choose to wait it out, invoke cloture, negotiate, surrender on the issue, or reform the bill. The Senate is not without options.

Also, Reid not taking up a House Bill, is not a filibuster. You need to read-up, please, I'm begging you, on these sorts of processes.
Reid "not taking up a House bill" is blatant cowardice... but, that power goes with the position he holds. (It should not.)

Straight from the source:
filibuster - Informal term for any attempt to block or delay Senate action on a bill or other matter by debating it at length, by offering numerous procedural motions, or by any other delaying or obstructive actions. (http://www.senate.gov/reference/glossary_term/filibuster.htm)
If they are aware of nothing else in the Constitution, our Senators are cognizant of the First Amendment... for their use, anyway. :D Pax...

OC for ME

Well then. So, the Second Amendment spoke nothing to Females?

If that's your conclusion, I encourage anyone who wants to come pick up my firearms, I'm your Huckleberry.
Liberal.....err, a armed liberals selective bravado. B92FSL knows very well that no mere citizen will be coming to take her gun(s).

B92FSL makes very very few valid points. On the rare occasion that she does make a valid point, blind squirrel.jpeg, it is almost certainly obscured by her inability to distance herself from her liberal agenda. The liberal agenda drives a liberal to express liberal personality traits that we read from her posts.

Beretta92FSLady

Liberal.....err, a armed liberals selective bravado. B92FSL knows very well that no mere citizen will be coming to take her gun(s).

B92FSL makes very very few valid points. On the rare occasion that she does make a valid point, View attachment 10252, it is almost certainly obscured by her inability to distance herself from her liberal agenda. The liberal agenda drives a liberal to express liberal personality traits that we read from her posts.

I'm definitely a Liberal. I have no agenda here.

georg jetson

Oh, its easy. I saw who quoted me just above, and then didn't even bother to read it. I just scrolled right past down to your post. Piece of cake.

She doesn't pay genuine attention to other people's logic. In fact, given her self-contradictory history, she doesn't even pay attention to her own ideas. Why should anyone else bother to pay attention to her?

That's because she has herself on "ignore" :D

Last edited:

cyras21

The filibuster should be smashed, crushed, filleted.

If you're against the bill, get your ass on the podium, and argue your ass off. Filibusters are for cowards.

Do you really think either party would debate in good faith changing anyone's mind? They vote along party lines unless someone buys their vote. I want a permanent filibuster. DC has done enough damage!

Beretta92FSLady

Do you really think either party would debate in good faith changing anyone's mind? They vote along party lines unless someone buys their vote. I want a permanent filibuster. DC has done enough damage!

I don't care if they're debating in Good Faith to change minds. I want each of the parasites from both sides of the isle to stand their spineless asses up, and get their views on record. Politicians, ALL POLITICIANS are brownie-hounds.

If you don't like what they have to say, peel your butt off the couch on voting day, and make your mark.

Last edited: