• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

riverfest

DrakeZ07

I looked it up, and other than an Intermediate school being just over 1200ft from the riverboat row, and Military Police. I'd like to attend and for the fireworks, but I can't find out if parking and fireworks attendance is free or not, cuz at the moment I'm trying to not spend that much, or as much as I can help. Lol.

I hope there is real street faire food, form vending carts, not the fast food stuff and pizza junkfood. I haven't had good street food in a while.

So, wheres a good place to park for the event? Google maps fails me, so navigating from interstate, to parking lot, then to the event is mind boggling.

Last edited:

willy1094

I looked it up, and other than an Intermediate school being just over 1200ft from the riverboat row, and Military Police. I'd like to attend and for the fireworks, but I can't find out if parking and fireworks attendance is free or not, cuz at the moment I'm trying to not spend that much, or as much as I can help. Lol.

I hope there is real street faire food, form vending carts, not the fast food stuff and pizza junkfood. I haven't had good street food in a while.

So, wheres a good place to park for the event? Google maps fails me, so navigating from interstate, to parking lot, then to the event is mind boggling.

It all depends on how far you want to talk. I have never had to pay to park. There is pay parking at Newport On the Levee that would put you right in the middle of the action. Otherwise look along Monmouth or some other street from residential spots or a large parking lot. I've parked at the Kmart on Monmouth (1301 Monmouth St, Newport, KY 41071) since their lot is huge but it is a good walk. The traffic is so compact that you will spend as much time trying to get out if you park close as you would walking to your car that is parked away from the crowd.

It does not cost anything to attend the fireworks. There are all kinds of food options including street/fair food. It really is a great time.

ps1mhd

It all depends on how far you want to talk. I have never had to pay to park. There is pay parking at Newport On the Levee that would put you right in the middle of the action. Otherwise look along Monmouth or some other street from residential spots or a large parking lot. I've parked at the Kmart on Monmouth (1301 Monmouth St, Newport, KY 41071) since their lot is huge but it is a good walk. The traffic is so compact that you will spend as much time trying to get out if you park close as you would walking to your car that is parked away from the crowd.

Forget about Newport On the Levee unless you plan on getting there early and not leaving till late.
I park 5 or more blocks away on side streets. There are events all afternoon. the Ohio side is leased by WEBN and no firearms inside their area. K-Mart is a real good walk but you could catch the bus from there.
See if TANK buses know the laws on firearms.

Mike

Brian D.

There are events all afternoon. the Ohio side is leased by WEBN and no firearms inside their area. K-Mart is a real good walk but you could catch the bus from there.
See if TANK buses know the laws on firearms.

Mike

I'd love to see that alleged lease agreement, but best I can tell it only exists in WEBN's/Clear Channel's mind. Some of the ground there is public, some private property. Kinda hard to rent that which is not publicly owned, and not for rent in the first place. That said, if I attended the shindig it would be in concealed carry mode, not comfortable with OC'ing in nearly constant elbow-to-elbow conditions.

By the way I used TANK's Southbank Shuttle mini bus this week, in more or less OC mode. (My shirt was only covering up half or so of my OWB holster.) Pretty sure the driver saw that and he didn't raise an eyebrow, much less say or do anything.

Brian D.

Dang ericb I read your post, location, etc. yesterday and didn't make the connection as to who you are until just this morning. Forgot you're on here. Duh on me.