• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mother arrested for defending children

HPmatt

who knew she didnt get all the snakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Truth

From the comments section:

"The bigger ******* was the LEO who arrested her. We no longer live in a world where officers with a badge can think through a situation…X happen so Y is the rule and Z is the course of action. All the evidence you need to determine police are not interested in serving the public but like ALL businesses it’s about generating revenue. Lock her up, impound the gun, set bail, court appearance, probation, parole officer, record keeping and meetings. Meanwhile gangs roam & rule streets, humans are shot and robbed.

Welcome to the mindless law enforcement, judicial, correction & probation money machine."

JoeSparky

Centurion

"The bigger ******* was the LEO who arrested her. We no longer live in a world where officers with a badge can think through a situation…X happen so Y is the rule and Z is the course of action. All the evidence you need to determine police are not interested in serving the public but like ALL businesses it’s about generating revenue. Lock her up, impound the gun, set bail, court appearance, probation, parole officer, record keeping and meetings. Meanwhile gangs roam & rule streets, humans are shot and robbed.

Welcome to the mindless law enforcement, judicial, correction & probation money machine."

Question: If it were the LEO that had discharged the weapon during this "school activity" would said officer be facing the same charges?

No? WHY?:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh, NO, I don't accept any law that grants the LEO any special privilege on this than what is allowed anyone else! No Double Standard!

ETA: Second issue! Federal law issue without respect to any state law----

The so called FGFSZ law does allow one to carry on the school grounds if one is permitted by the state in which the school lays; BUT, it still is a violation of this law to discharge said firearm for any reason while within 1000ft of the school property!

Last edited:

Maverick9

I have to differ with the prevailing opinion. There was no cause to kill the snake - it was not presenting an imminent and grave danger (such as cornering a child or person in a confined area). The woman was also warned.

In fact here is precisely why 'no firearms on school property' would be a good and beneficial thing - because reckless behavior like this can occur. Let's face it - the woman was reckless and headstrong. I don't think 'arrest' is the right reaction, though.

The prudent thing would have been to call animal control and had the creature removed from the area. IMO, there was no cause to kill it, but some people see snakes as the embodiment of evil. They are predators which do good, such as control rodent populations.

I do agree that the cop should have found a way to use discretion, perhaps a stern lecture about ricochets and the proper use of animal control. Instead he made himself look foolish, cause loss of respect for the police and missed a teaching opportunity.

Maybe cops should adopt a new credo. Not 'protect and serve', but instead, 'what would Andy Griffith do'. (WWAD).

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I've been holding off overnight to figure out how I want to respond. I've convinved myself that any res[ponse I make needs to be in 2 parts:

1 - regardless of your irrational fear of snakes as snakes, there was no immediate threat and more than ample time for someone to call and be told that Animal Control had no interest in coming to remove the snake. By which time practice most likely would have been well over and the kids finally sent home, and someone could have gone home and brought back the weapon of choice for use against snakes - the common shovel.

2 - the whole story just seems to have too many holes to be able to support any notion that anybody there above the age of 10 was actually thinking. Counting the ways* would only expose me to the great possibility of missing some. But one needs to be addressed - the lady shooter was in possession of a valid concealed license/permit but was herself unarmed.:confused:

I find myself in the monority, and proudly so, regarding this fiasco. There was no need to shoot and the cops' response (seeing as how they did not pepper-spray or taser her) seems reasonable under the circumstances.

stay safe.

* - but "bringing a stick to a snake fight" is really, really trying to get out of my head and into this post. I shall struggle to keep it contained.:D

Primus

I've been holding off overnight to figure out how I want to respond. I've convinved myself that any res[ponse I make needs to be in 2 parts:

1 - regardless of your irrational fear of snakes as snakes, there was no immediate threat and more than ample time for someone to call and be told that Animal Control had no interest in coming to remove the snake. By which time practice most likely would have been well over and the kids finally sent home, and someone could have gone home and brought back the weapon of choice for use against snakes - the common shovel.

2 - the whole story just seems to have too many holes to be able to support any notion that anybody there above the age of 10 was actually thinking. Counting the ways* would only expose me to the great possibility of missing some. But one needs to be addressed - the lady shooter was in possession of a valid concealed license/permit but was herself unarmed.:confused:

I find myself in the monority, and proudly so, regarding this fiasco. There was no need to shoot and the cops' response (seeing as how they did not pepper-spray or taser her) seems reasonable under the circumstances.

stay safe.

* - but "bringing a stick to a snake fight" is really, really trying to get out of my head and into this post. I shall struggle to keep it contained.:D
I don't think the female in question even had a permit. She borrowed the gun from someone who did then then shot at the snake. So no permit and discharge of the firearm.

I may be wrong but that's how it reads to me.

FreeInAZ

Quoted for truth! AMEN! +1

HPmatt

Same response if the cute little cottonmouth was a small alligator with babyteeth?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Same response if the cute little cottonmouth was a small alligator with babyteeth?

From me? Yes, same response. And again the same response if it was a 28-foot long SharkGator (unless it was shooting the lasers in its head).

stay safe.

Primus

Play stupid games won stupid prizes.

Borrow your friends gun when you don't have a license to shoot at a snake that isn't harming anyone in front of a crowd of kids and parents after someone warns you it's a bad idea.

Genius....

77zach

Play stupid games won stupid prizes.

Borrow your friends gun when you don't have a license to shoot at a snake that isn't harming anyone in front of a crowd of kids and parents after someone warns you it's a bad idea.

Genius....
In your Amerika everyone asks the government for help for everything. Some choose to be more responsible for themselves. No one was harmed in the incident. The "law" may have been broken but the law certainly was not. We are aware that some do not understand such a distinction and we're paying for it, dearly.

Primus

In your Amerika everyone asks the government for help for everything. Some choose to be more responsible for themselves. No one was harmed in the incident. The "law" may have been broken but the law certainly was not. We are aware that some do not understand such a distinction and we're paying for it, dearly.
No your right.... She should be able to zing as many magazines as she wanta with kids and parents around. Not a big deal till a kid gets zinged. Then we should worry...

She could have fended for herself easily. Its called .....wait for it..... Walking away...... :eek:

77zach

No your right.... She should be able to zing as many magazines as she wanta with kids and parents around. Not a big deal till a kid gets zinged. Then we should worry...

She could have fended for herself easily. Its called .....wait for it..... Walking away...... :eek:
Yeah, that's not what I said. And no one was hurt. If a cop had unloaded AND hurt someone there would be no charges, yet we will spend a good deal of $ going after this woman.

twoskinsonemanns

Yeah, that's not what I said. And no one was hurt. If a cop had unloaded AND hurt someone there would be no charges, yet we will spend a good deal of $ going after this woman.

Exactly. She did not put anyone in danger. She made a fool out of her self for missing. But the idea that this event was somehow of any importance at all is stupid. Society has made guns out to being akin to unstable sorcery and gun owners support the idea because it stroke's their ego.

Primus

If.... If you saw a unicorn.... If I won the lottery.... If I fell down and broke my spleen.... All irrelevant.

Again "no one was hurt". So as I said, everything is fine until a kid gets zinged. Sorry I'd rather not wait until then.