• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

sbarro resturants.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
This is not a gun issue, but something that any American worth their salt should take issue with IMlessthanHO. I'll sum it up with my recent email to their corporate office.

My wife and I recently visited your location at the Galleria Mall in Houston TX. My wife LEGALLY emigrated to the US, from the Philippines where we regularly ate at sbarro in the Festival Mall in Alabang Muntinlupa City Manilla NCR. The sbarro in Houston Tx was the first we've seen the restaurant in the US. We attempted to ask a worker about the salad bar, but that worker could not speak english. The manager attempted to use the excuse that this worker cleans tables and makes little money. We do not care about your company saving a few dollars an hour, just so we can eat there, more than we care about people getting jobs who legally enter the US because they speak the language.

We will not be returning to your restaurant, not only here but when we visit Manila. We shall also encourage everyone we know around the world to avoid your locations until you publicly renounce the hiring of illegal migrants, and verify the SSN's of your employees. I know for a fact that you can not legally enter the US without having at least an elementary understanding of english. My wife and I went through the painful and expensive process. If your company is willing to trivialize this endeavor, we will actively do as much as we can to reduce your revenue.

Last edited:

eye95

I am anxious to hear their reply. I won't patronize any business who fosters the breaking of our laws by hiring illegal aliens.

Oh, BTW, the solution to illegal aliens is so simple, I don't know why it hasn't been implemented. Make the hiring of illegal aliens legal. Just assess a tax equal to double the minimum wage for every hour that they work, regardless if they fool their employer. Make the IRS the enforcement agency and offer a reward equal to half the money recovered from anyone who is turned in and found to be hiring illegals without paying the tax.

Employers will make doubly sure that they are hiring legals to avoid the tax. Those who hire illegals anyway and evade the tax will be ratted out by greedy folks, possibly the illegals themselves, for the reward. And you KNOW the IRS will go out of its way to collect these taxes. Jobs for illegals will dry up, and most will self-deport.

Last edited:

HeroHog

The "solution" is even simpler than that. It is ALREADY illegal for them to be here. Period. If they are here illegally, deport them. If you hire an illegal, you are in fact aiding and abetting in a crime against the U.S., enforce the laws we have in place! Oh, our own government won't enforce it's laws and follow it's own Constitution? Throw the bums out! Problem solved!

eye95

Deporting 12 million people is kinda tough and kinda expensive (which is why it hasn't happened so far). Motivating 12 million to deport themselves is a lot easier and cheaper.

Before we get rid of the IRS, let's use it to get rid of the illegals.

zack991

Deporting 12 million people is kinda tough and kinda expensive (which is why it hasn't happened so far). Motivating 12 million to deport themselves is a lot easier and cheaper.

Well it has been done before in 1954 and the goal was to just remove just one million. The effort began in California and Arizona, and coordinated 1075 Border Patrol agents, along with state and local police agencies, to mount an aggressive crackdown. Tactics employed included going as far as systematic police sweeps of Mexican-American neighborhoods, and random stops and ID checks of people in a region with many Native Americans and native Hispanics. In some cases, illegal immigrants were deported along with their American-born minor dependent children. Some 750 agents targeted agricultural areas with a goal of 1,000 apprehensions per day. By the end of July, over 50,000 immigrants were caught in the two states. An estimated 488,000 illegal immigrants are claimed to have left voluntarily, for fear of being apprehended. By September, 80,000 had been taken into custody in Texas, and the INS estimated that 500,000 to 700,000 had left Texas of their own accord. To discourage illicit re-entry, buses and trains took many deportees deep within Mexican territory prior to releasing them. Tens of thousands more were deported by two chartered ships, the Emancipation and the Mercurio. The ships ferried them from Port Isabel, Texas, to Veracruz, Mexico, more than 500 miles (800 kilometers) to the south. Some were taken as far as 1,000 miles. Deportation by sea was ended after seven deportees jumped overboard from the Mercurio and drowned, provoking a mutiny that led to a public outcry in Mexico. OPERATION WETB----- for those who want to read more

Now just think what we could do with all the tech we have today and if we put our military on the border in addiction to the border patrol. ENFORCE THE LAW,places who knowing hire illegals the owner goes to jail for 10 years. Their business is auctioned off to other company's and they work off their ten years not a second less no matter how good you are..The border would NOT be a problem at all if the fools in DC got the heck out of the way and allowed the men and women do their jobs.

Last edited:

ChiangShih

Mine the borders! Turn it into a DMZ. For the ones already here, cleaner teams.

Ok, that is harsh, but I have a titanium femur because one of these illegal punks who couldn't read the WRONG WAY sign on the highway. He was also wasted drunk. Long story short, I'm like wolverine except only in one leg and my knee hurts when it gets cold.
Also the illegal who hit me head on at 65 mph worked at a Tyson's chicken factory. Around here the ag-industry employs most of them, including most meat and packaging factories.

eye95

zack,

In the 50s, the government was able to violate individual rights and to target people of a particular ethnicity in ways that won't be tolerated today. Also, deporting 1 million is a far smaller job than deporting 12 million. The effort does not grow linearly with the number of people to deport. Furthermore, the process of deportation has gotten harder as the rights of the deportees are protected now more than then.

The only way to deport 12 million is to get almost all of them to self-deport. To motivate that self-deportation, we must remove the incentives to stay. That requires an easy-to-enforce method of drying up jobs for illegals. An easily enforced tax would do the trick. The tax has to be high enough that virtually no business would risk hiring illegals, and there must be a strong incentive to rat out those few businesses who don't get on board.

The IRS is an amazing enforcement agency (which is why we need to get rid of it; but let's use it on appropriate targets until it is gone). If we set it against employers of illegals, there will be a sudden and amazing drop in companies employing illegals and, until it dries up completely, a nice revenue stream coming into the treasury to help pay for traditional enforcement.

It's the way to go: a hugely punitive tax on the hiring of illegal aliens.

rodbender

Harry Truman, a democrat by the way, saw millions of soldiers coming back to the U.S. and no jobs available. He ordered all illegal aliens deported and there were approximately 12 million of them. Mission was acccomplished, and that was in 1946. Why can't we do it today? Because the feds don't want to.

oldbanger

(How about)... a law imposing new fees for wire money transfers...?

a $5 fee on wire transfers of $500 or less. Wire transfers of more than $500 are subject to a fee of 1 percent.

The money goes into the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics' "Drug Money Laundering and Wire Transmitter Revolving Fund."

...about $3.7 million has been deposited into the fund...(in 10 months)

A provision was added to the bill that allows legal residents to deduct the fee from their state income taxes

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wirestory?id=10356705&page=1

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I am anxious to hear their reply. I won't patronize any business who fosters the breaking of our laws by hiring illegal aliens.

Oh, BTW, the solution to illegal aliens is so simple, I don't know why it hasn't been implemented. Make the hiring of illegal aliens legal. Just assess a tax equal to double the minimum wage for every hour that they work, regardless if they fool their employer. Make the IRS the enforcement agency and offer a reward equal to half the money recovered from anyone who is turned in and found to be hiring illegals without paying the tax.

Employers will make doubly sure that they are hiring legals to avoid the tax. Those who hire illegals anyway and evade the tax will be ratted out by greedy folks, possibly the illegals themselves, for the reward. And you KNOW the IRS will go out of its way to collect these taxes. Jobs for illegals will dry up, and most will self-deport.

That's so convoluted, yet quite ingenious, that I'd bet it would actually work, eye95!

eye95

(How about)... a law imposing new fees for wire money transfers...?

a $5 fee on wire transfers of $500 or less. Wire transfers of more than $500 are subject to a fee of 1 percent.

The money goes into the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics' "Drug Money Laundering and Wire Transmitter Revolving Fund."

...about $3.7 million has been deposited into the fund...(in 10 months)

A provision was added to the bill that allows legal residents to deduct the fee from their state income taxes

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wirestory?id=10356705&page=1

Good idea. I'd urge greater fees.

Unfortunately, the above idea and mine only work as long as we have income taxes and the IRS (and its State equivalents). Gotta get rids of those along with the illegal aliens.

OldCurlyWolf

Harry Truman, a democrat by the way, saw millions of soldiers coming back to the U.S. and no jobs available. He ordered all illegal aliens deported and there were approximately 12 million of them. Mission was acccomplished, and that was in 1946. Why can't we do it today? Because the feds don't want to.

Calling Harry S. Truman a democrat in comparison with the Democratic party of today is an oxymoron. There is NO similarity between the two.

eye95

12 million people deported in 1946???

That's a heckuvan assertion.

And, before anyone says that wasn't what was said:

-- Ordered ALL deported

-- 12 million of them

-- Mission accomplished

Were even half that many deported during his entire term in office? I'd bet not.