• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will Walker demolish the DNR?

oak1971

Been hearing some scuttlebutt that Walker plans to shake things up at the DNR. I'm all for that, as it will be good for sportsmen and carry practitioners alike. I have not heard any details yet, anyone have any info on what he's planning?

LR Yote 312

I am more interested in seeing where the Sportsmans Money is going.
I didnt think it was fair how the Trout Stamp money and the Pheasant stamp money
that they claim is for each respectively was diverted and went towards CWD research.

Seems like every year there is fewer and fewer pheasants released or trout released.

If you think about how many times over you pay for a bird at Bong. Its nothing but Organized Crime with a Flag on the Wall.

Besides,its one thing when it rains...but when the skies over Bong rain birdshot down the back of my neck it aint worth any amount of money to hunt there.

LR Yote

oak1971

I am more interested in seeing where the Sportsmans Money is going.
I didnt think it was fair how the Trout Stamp money and the Pheasant stamp money
that they claim is for each respectively was diverted and went towards CWD research.

Seems like every year there is fewer and fewer pheasants released or trout released.

If you think about how many times over you pay for a bird at Bong. Its nothing but Organized Crime with a Flag on the Wall.

Besides,its one thing when it rains...but when the skies over Bong rain birdshot down the back of my neck it aint worth any amount of money to hunt there.

LR Yote

They waste vast sums of money on overpaid administration staff... all with lavish state salaries, benefits, and pensions. They also add billions to the cost of doing business in state with all the environmental restrictions. Servicing the needs of sportsmen has become a afterthought.

rcav8r

Bringing its powers under strict control would make me happy. I'm talk a from-scratch rewriting of warden powers. I just read on AR15.com (and I'm sure many of you did too) about a DNR warden who drove over a standing wheat field to talk to some hunters.
This power of trespass is among the many that has to be removed.

OTOH, I'd remove the rule that only gives the wardens only so much gas money for their official vehicles. Thats the other side of the coin, and is why many complaints TO the DNR can't be handled because they don't have the gas money in their budget.

J.Gleason

Banned
The question is, will any of the Republicans that wre newly elected actually fulfill their campaign promises and uphold the platform on which they ran? Only time will tell.

If not maybe we can set a new record of the number of public offices lost in the next election.

Beretta-m9

The question is, will any of the Republicans that wre newly elected actually fulfill their campaign promises and uphold the platform on which they ran? Only time will tell.

If not maybe we can set a new record of the number of public offices lost in the next election.

Do ANY politicians fulfill their campaign promises ?

J.Gleason

Banned
Do ANY politicians fulfill their campaign promises ?

They better or they will find their proverbial asses in a sling come the next election. The voters are watching. We must hold them to the platform on which they ran and the promises that were made during the campaign. We have to stop turning the other cheek and just accepting that not all politicians keep their promises. It is BS and we need to show them we mean business. Make an example out of a few and the others will see. There are several ways to get there attention. Recalls would be a good start.

paul@paul-fisher.com

They better or they will find their proverbial asses in a sling come the next election. The voters are watching. We must hold them to the platform on which they ran and the promises that were made during the campaign. We have to stop turning the other cheek and just accepting that not all politicians keep their promises. It is BS and we need to show them we mean business. Make an example out of a few and the others will see. There are several ways to get there attention. Recalls would be a good start.

+1

I have been contacting my Representative and Senator on average once a week to make sure they realize I am watching them and what I want.

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
A great place to start would be to separate the DNR into two separate units: the department of fish and wildlife, and the air and water resources board. That way the liberal tree hugger Prius folks aren't in the same department as the sportsmen. After that, rewriting the wardon rules and then trimming out many of the onerous laws that are on the books is in order.

oak1971

A great place to start would be to separate the DNR into two separate units: the department of fish and wildlife, and the air and water resources board. That way the liberal tree hugger Prius folks aren't in the same department as the sportsmen. After that, rewriting the wardon rules and then trimming out many of the onerous laws that are on the books is in order.

I think that is what they want to try. We'll see.