• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to break a Hi-Point 9mm.

amzbrady

I have a Highpoint 9mm and I love the way it shoots. I would have liked to see them abuse the firearm on concrete instead of dirt. After all that, if it had failed at least Highpoint backs them with a no questions asked warranty.

Metalhead47

Proves my oft-made point... HiPoints are the AKs of pistols. And if a few weeks they'll have a couple of brand-new ones free!

Interesting to know if I ever need to take down a grizzly with a 9mm all I need to do is double charge the case & hammer a bolt down the barrel. :monkey

amlevin

If they're that durable, wonder why our US military doesn't adopt them as their official sidearm? They could buy three for the price of one Beretta.

These guys took the expression "Shooting the $h!t literally in "part one". Evidently there was a herd of cows there recently.

Hopefully they scouted out the background of their "range" and there weren't any houses or people within 2-3 miles downrange. They definitely did not have the desired "berm" or hillside to be shooting into for safety.

A local Dealer told me several years ago that the Hi-Points were his least troublesome handguns. They always seemed to "go bang" and the Customers realized they were getting a low cost firearm. They didn't complain as much as those that spent 3-5 times more for the "big named" firearms.

amlevin

Torture Test, Torture Test! You call that a Torture Test !

Let the WARS Begin.... Springfield XD Torture Test For the Glock Guys, I understand this is the same torture test or very close to it.

The difference Dave is that an "XD" is EXPECTED to perform like that. Ditto for Glocks.

The Hi-Points are "expected" to be junk and a test like this is surprising. Might get some of those "All Knowing" dealers and salesmen to tone down their scorn for Hi-Points.

Metalhead47

If they're that durable, wonder why our US military doesn't adopt them as their official sidearm? They could buy three for the price of one Beretta.

Well first of all, I don't think HPs in their current form existed 25 or so years ago when the military adopted the Beretta. Since then I don't think they've had a sidearm competition for HiPoint to enter!

And lets see any "normal" person buy a gun for the specific purpose of ruining it. For <$150, you can do that with a HP. A $500 XD or block, not so much. And don't even think of trying it with some hi-zoot custom 1911. I don't even think my Tanfoglio would stand up to that kind of testing, and I sure as hell wouldn't volunteer it either?

A great way to hide some guns for an apocalypse/gov't takeover, buy a few HPs and throw them in a barrel of used motor oil.

amzbrady

The difference Dave is that an "XD" is EXPECTED to perform like that. Ditto for Glocks.

The Hi-Points are "expected" to be junk and a test like this is surprising. Might get some of those "All Knowing" dealers and salesmen to tone down their scorn for Hi-Points.

When I bought my highpoint I did so because of the reviews I read on it. "A cheap HIGHLY reliable handgun, that you can stake your life on". I bought mine for the beach so that I didnt have to worry or care about the sand destroying it. If the salt water did rust it up, then all I have to do is send it into Highpoint for a new one. The only reason I stopped carrying it, and started carrying my Taurus was because the Taurus is so easy to strip down and clean. You have to have a punch to remove the pin to take it apart. I still cant believe Highpoint does not include one with the gun.

Metalhead47

When I bought my highpoint I did so because of the reviews I read on it. "A cheap HIGHLY reliable handgun, that you can stake your life on". I bought mine for the beach so that I didnt have to worry or care about the sand destroying it. If the salt water did rust it up, then all I have to do is send it into Highpoint for a new one. The only reason I stopped carrying it, and started carrying my Taurus was because the Taurus is so easy to strip down and clean. You have to have a punch to remove the pin to take it apart. I still cant believe Highpoint does not include one with the gun.

The documentation that comes with them now advises NOT to disassemble to clean them. Just run a few patches thru the bore every few hundred rounds. I would wager you could get a lifetime of reliability from a HP without ever punching that pin, just hosing it out with spray cleaner/lube and brush/patch the barrel.

amzbrady

The documentation that comes with them now advises NOT to disassemble to clean them. Just run a few patches thru the bore every few hundred rounds. I would wager you could get a lifetime of reliability from a HP without ever punching that pin, just hosing it out with spray cleaner/lube and brush/patch the barrel.

I still like to tear em apart if for nothing else for inspection...

jarhead1911A

I have owned both the HP and Glock and yes they are both excellent weapons, But for the money to be honest the HP is the way better deal. Id rather spend 200 for a new weapon and 300 for ammo then spend 500 for a new weapon even if it is dishwasher safe....

The new HP 9mm Carbine is one of the best weapons i have ever owned and shot. Very reliable and you can hit whatever your aiming at, Throw a red dot on it and were the red dot goes nothing grows....

The only complaint i have about the HP line of firearms is the ammo capacity is limited at the best of 10rds.

Would i take a HP in to combat? Damn straight i would!!!!! i trust them with my life.....

They are ugly as sin and maybe someday they will modernize them.

amlevin

The only complaint i have about the HP line of firearms is the ammo capacity is limited at the best of 10rds.

That's so they can sell them in the Ghetto's and Combat Zones of States where mag capacity is still limited to 10 rounds. Funny how they limit the number of rounds in the mag but don't limit how many mags you can carry.

PT111

Hi-Points are cheap, ugly, heavy and all kinds of other derogatory things can be said about them. Their only redeeming qualities are they go bang when you pull the trigger, hit what you aim at and according to those videos pretty much indestuctable. No wonder they have such a poor reputation and are despised by so many people. What upstanding law-abiding gentleman would dare be seen totin' a Hi-Point.