• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Overkill? (no pun intended)

vt800c

Ok..Just got back from the gun show. Got a nice new toy..a S&W M&P 15-22p. It's like an AR-15 with a 6" barrell and no stock. (google it)

HOW would one OC THAT?

and CC is out of the question.

t33j

you mean like this?
IMG_5286_2_wbfix.png

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
YouI have to hand it to Virginia legislators; they all hardly missed a beat on Lobby Day when this fellow went into various offices to meet with them. I was with him part of the time. He was nattily dressed and his comportment was perfectly appropriate.

Last edited:

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
YouI have to hand it to Virginia legislators; they all hardly missed a beat on Lobby Day when this fellow went into various offices to meet with them. I was with him part of the time. He was nattily dressed and his comportment was perfectly appropriate.

No it wasn't! It was over the top, inappropriate, and just plain stupid.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
Ok..Just got back from the gun show. Got a nice new toy..a S&W M&P 15-22p. It's like an AR-15 with a 6" barrell and no stock. (google it)

HOW would one OC THAT?

and CC is out of the question.

I wouldn't, I would conceal it if I carried it.

t33j

So clearly you did not read Dutch Uncle's post or you have misinterpreted the word comportment because unless you were with him, you would have no grounds to disagree with what was said.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So clearly you did not read Dutch Uncle's post or you have misinterpreted the word comportment because unless you were with him, you would have no grounds to disagree with what was said.

Did someone say I was GROUCHY today:lol:

DJEEPER

I wouldn't, I would conceal it if I carried it.

concealed carry does not work with this pistol, unfortunately...even with an oilskin duster.

I know my nose is rather large and my feet are the size of canoes, but i wouldnt say i was... "cartoonish" :lol: :D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

I was there all day and watched the kid. (Sorry Dejeeper, damn near everyone is a kid except Grapeshot:lol:).

He wasn't dressed in BDU's or goosestepping and didn't have a black T shirt and thick framed glasses or respond to everything with Military acronyms.

He had lunch with us and didn't attract any undue attention.

He was dressed well, spoke well, was reserved and mannerly.
It wouldn't have been my first choice in carry guns but then neither would one of those silly little plastic things that many members seem to love.

Year before last we had a member that carried a pistol version of a double barrel shotgun. He did get a lot of attention including the Capitol Police looking for his papers (which of course he didn't need because it wasn't a SBS).

I'm not arrogant enough to dictate what someone else wants to carry as long as they conduct themselves in a civilized manner.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I was there all day and watched the kid. (Sorry Dejeeper, damn near everyone is a kid except Grapeshot:lol:).

I stand convicted as charged.

First you're a kid, then overnight an ol' goat..:uhoh: What happened to the in between?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Have been the butt of a few jokes, even made out to be the goat by a certain NoVa "Citizen." :D

Like my grandpa used to say, "At least they are sparing someone else today." :lol:

My reply is simply, Baaaaaaaah! No need to look horns.

DJEEPER

I will say, the M&P 22 has one advantage... no buffer tube.

Concealed carry MIGHT be doable with it. One thing i noticed about my AR pistol... the mag prints and the buffer tube prints.

I COULD conceal it, but i think that would be too obvious, haha...so why try?

Experiment with different carry positions and slings. im sure you can find one that will work for you