• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sign the Petition, fellow Virginians:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I think Texas has the required number now. It'll be interesting to see what the Government does with it.
Let's see how many we get here.

hunter45

I think Texas has the required number now. It'll be interesting to see what the Government does with it.
Let's see how many we get here.

I just heard on the news that 5 states have reached the required number. I think they said Texas, Tennessee, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Georgia.

2a4all

Those who buy ammo on line better buy now, before "interstate commerce" becomes "international trade".

And for those who make their living working for DOD, NASA, Jefferson Labs, etc, you'll need another employer. I doubt that Virginia will be keeping those ships... And those who make a living because these folks made such a good living, well you'll want to learn about survival at a basic level.

IMHO

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm gonna wait just a bit. I have a delicacy about this sort of thing. The last time secession was in the air, the Lee estate in Arlington was turned into a cemetary, Richmond was burned, and the Shenandoah Valley was stripped almost bare.

Oh, and poor Mr. McLean, who left Manassas to avoid cannonballs in his living room, ended up having the whole thing settled in his parlor at Appomattox.

Last edited:

grylnsmn

Y'all do realize that those petitions are actually meaningless, right? They have no legal effect. It's simply a web site set up by the administration to allow people to ask questions and they will provide an "official response" if it reaches a defined number of signatures. Anyone can create a petition, and anyone can sign a petition, as long as they create an account on that site. You don't even have to be a resident of the state listed.

Honestly, those secession petitions are a joke, and the joke is on everyone who signs them. At best, they will provide fodder for people who want to ridicule the signers. At worst, they will be turned into sympathy for Obama, and used to label anyone who signed on a racist and a bigot. In no way will signing those petitions help in implementing any policies that we actually want.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Y'all do realize that those petitions are actually meaningless, right? They have no legal effect. It's simply a web site set up by the administration to allow people to ask questions and they will provide an "official response" if it reaches a defined number of signatures. Anyone can create a petition, and anyone can sign a petition, as long as they create an account on that site. You don't even have to be a resident of the state listed.

Honestly, those secession petitions are a joke, and the joke is on everyone who signs them. At best, they will provide fodder for people who want to ridicule the signers. At worst, they will be turned into sympathy for Obama, and used to label anyone who signed on a racist and a bigot. In no way will signing those petitions help in implementing any policies that we actually want.

Then don't sign it.
Gheese I get tired of listening to that crap.
It makes a statement if nothing else.

When you come up with that better plan you must have up your sleeve...please post it!

Red Dawg

And anyone with a clearance will have to answer the question...Have you ever been a member of an organization that wishes to overthrow the govt...For us/we poor "bazterds" it's like treason..

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
And anyone with a clearance will have to answer the question...Have you ever been a member of an organization that wishes to overthrow the govt...For us/we poor "bazterds" it's like treason..

Dear God!
You suppose the Agriculture Department might stop sending me crop tips:lol:
Sorry Dawg...couldn't resist

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
LOL...Mr Nap too funny...Just something else our gubmint takes from us poor employees..

The two happiest days in my employment history were the day I went on the Government Payroll...and the day I went off of it.

grylnsmn

When you come up with that better plan you must have up your sleeve...please post it!

I'm sorry, but doing nothing is a far better plan than signing those petitions. There is no realistic way in which those petitions will help any of the causes that we support. At best, they will be used to ridicule anyone involved in them. At worst, they will be used as political leverage to defeat policies that we want.

If you want to make a statement, find a way to do it that doesn't harm the policies that you want to support. Find a way to do it that can actually make a difference.

I disagree with Obama's policies as much as anyone here does, but most of all, I have faith in our system of government. It has stood the test of time for good reason, and not even someone like Obama can destroy it. As I've said before, the President is not a dictator, and he can't just wave his hand to get rid of guns, or raise taxes. The majority of the power in the Federal government rests with Congress, and Congress is divided. That means that there will be a stalemate at best for the next 2 years.

A bigger priority for us should be to look at what we can do in the General Assembly this year, and our state elections next year. We have a Governor, Lt. Governor, and AG to elect next year, not to mention the entire House of Delegates. The Lt. Governor will be more important than usual this time around, because of the 20/20 split in the Senate.

We also need to start looking forward to the House of Representative elections in 2014, and trying to find a good replacement for Mark Warner in the US Senate. It's disgraceful that every single Congressman from Virginia won reelection this year, especially considering who some of them are.

There are far bigger priorities than making meaningless "statements" that will only serve to marginalize the views of those who sign those petitions.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm sorry, but doing nothing is a far better plan than signing those petitions.

That's what got us in the mess we're in. Doing nothing!

A bigger priority for us should be to look at what we can do in the General Assembly this year, and our state elections next year. We have a Governor, Lt. Governor, and AG to elect next year, not to mention the entire House of Delegates. The Lt. Governor will be more important than usual this time around, because of the 20/20 split in the Senate.

The next Governor will be Cuccinelli, The A.G. will be Obenshain...The Lt. Governor doesn't matter.
No need to argue about any of it. I'm not budging one inch.

I really do have to laugh a little at people who have no qualms at all about registering yourselves as GUN OWNERS.....but start the "You'll shoot your eye out" warning at signing a petition.

crazydude6030

Then don't sign it.
Gheese I get tired of listening to that crap.
It makes a statement if nothing else.

Well you can stick your fingers in your ears and scream all you want but Romeny still wont be in office. Thats sorta how i see this trend is a group of butt hurt people that cant accept the results of the election so they are trying every little thing they can to avoid the end results. Reminds me of my 4 year old at bed time.

When the folks over at texas step up to the plate and say its not going to happen then a snowball has a better chance in a inferno than this does of working. All this really does is make for great late night TV.