• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video games

Jack House

Who here likes to play video games? Personally I love video games, everything from Command & Conquer to Call of Duty to Elder Scrolls.

Very much looking forward to this holiday season, even if it's going to bankrupt me.

Posted using my HTC Evo

since9

Campaign Veteran
If simulations like Flight Simulator and X-Planes, and some of the racing stuff are "video games," then I'm in. I think some first-person shooter games can be fun, but only if you're competing on the basis of rapidity and accuracy. It's no fun when you're killed all the time and never get through to the higher levels. I know, that's not realistic...

I've played several X-Box 360 and PS2 games, mostly with my crew while in Iraq during down time, but I'm not much of a fan.

Verd

Campaign Veteran
I love playing my xbox 360 for rpgs and fps's, but I much prefer to play tabletop rpgs which are old school pencil and paper games like D&D and whatnot.

chakragod

I'm a pretty big nerd =P I play a lot of PC games...Mostly Starcraft 2, Heroes of Newerth, and random other things. I've been a big MMO player since '95, playing Meridian 59, then Ultima Online, then Dark Age of Camelot, then WoW...with lots of betas in between lol.

Can't wait for Skyrim and Diablo 3 <3

N605TW

Activist Member
Another flight simulator fan here, hence the name N605TW. Microsoft Flight Simulator 9, FSX, IL2 series, and DCS Black Shark.
The only first person shooter I like to play these days is Team Fortress 2. The game play is addictive and the characters are hilarious.

Jack House

@Since9 sims definitely count! I'd love to "play" some hardcore Flight sims. But only if I have the equipment. It's not really worth playing without at least a quality flight stick and they're expensive. But I'd love to have an enthusiast setup, would be awesome.

I do play YSFlight though, it's a low end sim and can be easily played using a PS3 controller.

I also enjoy board games, such as risk and settlers and the more complicated strategy games. I'm pretty good with Monopoly. Always fun to play a game with someone that thinks they're good and tell them I hadn't played in a while. They think they'll win, but in the end I typically end up winning.

Would love to play some military table top games too.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Uber_Olafsun

Huge flight sim monkey here. FSX back to 98. IL2 an my favorite sim Falcon 4.0 (yes I have the cougar HOTAS and the pedals for it.). Also play some call of duty mw2, mechwarrior 4 and warhammer dawn of war 2. Waiting to get the new space marine game. I used to play everything from doom to asherons call.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I like video games as well. I typically play first-person shooters or football. I also like a few RPGs such as the Fabke series. I have an Xbox360

Aknazer

I started and beat Gears of War 3 this weekend and have started to replay it on insane. I also just picked up Rage yesterday. Here's some of the other games that I play:

Runescape
World of Warcraft
Fallout series
XCOM series (UFO Defense/Enemy Unknown and Apocalypse are my two fav)
Warcraft/Starcraft
Halo
CoD
Might and Magic (VI and VII)

And a bunch of others. But I would say that list is my most common games that I switch between. I'm currently waiting on the new CoD and two Halo games to come out and already have them pre-ordered. Yes I'm a bit of a nerd and still love to play old games (I even got my SNES up and running and have been playing it too).

Tawnos

Who here likes to play video games? Personally I love video games, everything from Command & Conquer to Call of Duty to Elder Scrolls.

Very much looking forward to this holiday season, even if it's going to bankrupt me.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Buy stuff on Steam sales days. Play games all year for cheap.

I've been trying to get through my backlog of games. Thus far this year I've beaten:
Mass Effect
Max Payne 2
Assassin's Creed 2
The Wonderful End of the world
Toki Tori
Portal 2 (single player and co op, though not the new DLC yet)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Counter Strike: condition zero
Call of Duty4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Half Life: Opposing Force
Half Life: Blue Shift
Sam and Max Season 1
Sam and Max Season 2 (episodes 1 & 2)

In progress or temporarily set aside:
AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
The Ball
Borderlands
Bully
Darksiders
Mirror's Edge
Super Meat Boy

Sometimes fire up to play:
Team Fortress 2
COD MW2

And I've got a bunch more in queue :)

Last edited:

Brimstone Baritone

I love me some SNES and Sega Genesis games. I even occasionally play some of those newfangled PSone and Nintendo 64 games. I consider that era the height of console game design.

Also, if you love older computer games, check out gog.com

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I play battlefield 2 a lot. I've looked forward to Battlefield 3 for 6 years, just to find out EA has ruined my favorite series of games. Battlefield 3 is just another Call of Duty for all the console kids.

:(

DrakeZ07

I've been a "hardcore" FPS gamer since Delta Force came out back in 1999.

I love FPS, RPG, and MMO games; currently my favorites are; Battlefield 3 Beta (I hate Origin, preferred it if EA/DICE used steam.), Star Trek Online, and Second Life (fun little addictive social MMO, oh and it's free so it's double awesome ^.^).

Since a couple others have listed their games, I'll list what I can remember, since I have four large tote boxes full of PC games.

Delta Force
Delta Force 2
Delta Force: Task Force Dagger.
DF: Land Warrior.
DF: Black Hawk Down w/ Team Sabre.
DF: Extreme.
COD 1, w/ expansions.
COD 2.
CoD 4.
CoD 5.
CoD 6/MW2.
CoD 7/Black Ops.
Crysis 1/2.
Battlefield 1942, vietnam, 1943, 2142, and of course 2.
Battlefield Bad Company 2.
Fall Out 3 w/ New Vegas.
The Half-Life Series.
World of Warcraft.
The Warhammer PC Series.
Command & Conquer series.
Minecraft :p

Can't think of the others... But I've spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars buying every decent game brand new in it's time over the past 12 years. Not to mention my overly expensive custom, and hand built, Gaming rig, which is already out of date by three months >.<, the spec to it I'll just elave out to save space in the post ^~^.

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Absolutely love them.

My first system was an Atari 2600 followed by a ColecoVision (I'm dating myself here). I think I've owned just about every major platform since then (I love PC games too - I started out with a Commodore 64!).

I have been playing a lot of PS3 games lately (once the kids are asleep, which doesn't leave me a lot of time). As for favorite games of all time (to list a few): Anything Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros/ Mario 64, Eve Online, Grand Theft Auto series, COD Series, Halo series, StarCraft series, Unreal Tournament series, Quake series, Castlevania series, Doom series, Metroid series, Red Dead Redemption, Duke Nukem series, Archon, Ultima Series, Final Fantasy Series, Phantasy Star 2, Super Star Wars for SNES, Diablo II, Elder Scrolls series, Zork series, NetHack, Baldur's Gate series (including Planescape Torment), inFAMOUS, Advance Wars 2, Half-Life series, etc., etc., etc... I've been blessed with a handful of friends that went on to work in game design/programming so we often still meet up for a quick game or two (really good times).

Really looking forward to Dust 514 from CCP Games. I'll probably be spending a lot of time on this once it comes out.

slowfiveoh

I play everything. Not much of a console gamer as I find the controls clunky, and unreasonably slow. A mouse and keyboard gives optimum precision.

-League of Legends
-City of Heroes/City of Villains
-COD (MW/MW2/BO etc.)
-Medal of Honor
-Battlefield
-Flight Sim X (With Traffic and Acceleration)
-Diablo I and II (And 3 very soon :D)
-Unreal

I like a few others started with a 2600, moved on to Colecovision, remember playing Oregon Trail on an Apple II, and finally got addicted when Wolfenstein 3D came out. I actually didn't start hardcore playing until my late 20's. I was the guy in the barracks you could never get to sit down and play Madden with the rest of the rats. Always felt I had something else to do. Like play Delta Force 2 with my squad on our own little lan party :)

Anybody remember "Police Quest"? I remember getting stabbed by the knife wielding bum like 10 times before I figured out what to do. :(

Also, there were a TON of awesome text based RPG's for earlier PC platforms.

Another good question for this thread, or maybe one of its own creation, is how dedicated to PC gaming performance are you? Nothing says "aww yeah" like playing games @ 1920x1200 on a 28" 100mhz LCD :D

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I play everything. Not much of a console gamer as I find the controls clunky, and unreasonably slow. A mouse and keyboard gives optimum precision.

It's the only way to live...

if any of you guys are interested in playing battlefield 2, myself and a couple other friends (usually no more than 3) are on ventrilo. (mic just broke, gotta go get a new one this week.)

IP: carbon.typefrag.com
PORT: 17288

We play BF2, left 4 dead 2, and some other random games here and there...

HandyHamlet

We play BF2, left 4 dead 2, and some other random games here and there...

Left 4 Dead 2... We played (xbox) for a while, but everyone eventually ends up wanting to punch something in the face.

;)

We played BF2 for a long time. Loved it compared to COD. I hate the new COD. Just can't seem to master it. Had to do Space Marines in honor of my nephew. That took about a day... Come on Borderlands II already. The last expansion pack sucked balls.

Last edited: