• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off topic (sort of....ish)

sudden valley gunner

well, it is the IG department for the Dept of Ed, so I guess that makes it ok (sarcasm intended). I can actually see NASA having one actually....protecting the launch sites and all...

They shouldn't have their own, the DOE shouldn't and IRS shouldn't, it does away with any semblance of checks and balances.

sudden valley gunner

well, if they have someone else doing security for them....Wait, this is discussing SWAT teams, so yes, you're right...

I see your point on security but that is way different than having a form of "law enforcement". If they need to go after someone legally go through the proper legal channels, get a warrant from a judge and use the local duly elected sheriffs department.

oneeyeross

The other issue is whether the officers have been trained at FLETC. I know there is a HUGE issue with TSA not having been trained yet being considered "officers."

Trigger Dr

The other issue is whether the officers have been trained at FLETC. I know there is a HUGE issue with TSA not having been trained yet being considered "officers."

For those of you who are not aware of it (I would presume that to be all of you) FLETC does NOT meet the Wa State requirements for certification as a LEO. There are some federal agencies that are certified as a "Criminal Justice Agency", but most do not Qualify. (see Wa access system memo #490)

Last edited:

oneeyeross

For those of you who are not aware of it (I would presure that to be all of you) FLETC does NOT meet the Wa State requirements for certification as a LEO. There are some federal agencies that are certified as a "Criminal Justice Agency", but most do not Qualify. (see Wa access system memo #490)

Wow. I did not know that... Makes one wonder whether FLETC is that bad or WA requirements are that good...