• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dissappearing Threads

wylde007

Subject was the way the VA senators voted on Rand Paul's amendment to protect the 2nd and 4th amendment rights of American's. Of course, our senators voted anti-American.
They voted anti-liberty.

Ever since Lincoln that's been as Amurkan as appell pye.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Subject was the way the VA senators voted on Rand Paul's amendment to protect the 2nd and 4th amendment rights of American's. Of course, our senators voted anti-American.

I find the reference via Google, but nothing on OCDO.

Senator Rand Paul Amendment
1 post - 1 author - Last post: 11 hours ago
I put this at the Virginia level to point out how the Senators from VA voted on tabling the Ammendment (essentially a vote to curtail your 2nd and 4th ...
forum.opencarry.org/.../showthread.php?...Senator-Rand-Paul-Amendment
From the above link I get
vBulletin Message

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Will pass the question/problem on to Administrator.

Edited to add: Done

Last edited:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I saw a similar post removed and when I asked about it, this was the response from the admin:

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

nuc65

Activist Member
I saw a similar post removed and when I asked about it, this was the response from the admin:

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

I would have said it was related to carry of all sorts. Thank you.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I would have said it was related to carry of all sorts. Thank you.

I would think so too Nuc, but the simple fact is there is a very narrow criteria for this forum and much of it is discretionary on the Adm's part.

John does an overall good job and isn't the post Nazi that you see on some sites, so I've accepted the fact that some posts are going West despite my feeling that they are relevant. This is a big state and what is OC proper to one person is not to another.

There can be only final decision maker and that's John. Just accept it and thank him for spending the money and time, which he can't really spare, to provide the site.

nuc65

Activist Member
I would think so too Nuc, but the simple fact is there is a very narrow criteria for this forum and much of it is discretionary on the Adm's part.

John does an overall good job and isn't the post Nazi that you see on some sites, so I've accepted the fact that some posts are going West despite my feeling that they are relevant. This is a big state and what is OC proper to one person is not to another.

There can be only final decision maker and that's John. Just accept it and thank him for spending the money and time, which he can't really spare, to provide the site.

I would not take umbrage, except when it just disappears completely. Usually I have seen markers indicating it was moved which seems a more proper way to do it if it is considered my post is OT or belongs in another area. I made sure it was related to VA and it was relative to all firearms owners, so what prompted my post was it just disappearing.

I can't speak to any more because I don't know John. I have met Skidmark and Grapeshot and some of the Lynchburg group (I try to do my part by clicking on the links provided).

Thank you Peter, thank you John and others who replied.

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't remove this particular post. I would have moved it to the Lounge as it is an acceptable topic for there. I will check with Mike and the other moderators to see if anyone removed it.

John

2a4all

Given that logic, this thread should disappear also.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
That's kinda my point. Why would Dr. Mark and others think "this won't remain here long" if it was OC Handgun ON TOPIC?

Oh I understand that Ed.
I said earlier, it's discretionary.
I just can't imagine how it disappeared and no one knew about it:uhoh:
Life is a mystery sometimes.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That's kinda my point. Why would Dr. Mark and others think "this won't remain here long" if it was OC Handgun ON TOPIC?

Moderators have a responsibility to fairly dispense the rules and the wishes of the owners - The Administrator has the final authority.

No one ever said it was "OC Handgun on topic", the Social Lounge would have been a good location for something like this - I think John has answered that adequately in post #11 above, don't you?

With all due respect to Dr. Mark and "others(?)", the "why" of their posts is not really relevant.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is to ME, and that's why I made the post.

Is this really an avenue you wish to pursue on open forum?

IMO you have previously made your case and a response was given by PM prior to John's statement. You could have asked the same question by PM to Dr. Mark but choose to do so publicly. Under those circumstances, it should hardly be about "ME".