• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trainers wanting mandatory training

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Of course some trainers want mandatory training... they want to earn a livelihood too on an unConstitutional act. I, personally, am thinking about getting trained through the NRA to become a trainer for CCL, offer the classes for next to nothing, and offer the classes on days that are not Saturdays.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
The AACFI trainer that I work for part time & am friends with very much supports Constitutional carry. Let's try not to lump everyone in the same pile.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

When AZ went to consitutional carry a group of trainers was form to fight it. Over the years they had made a good living giving classes and didn't want their money to leave them.

They all preached the right but didn't live it.

Interceptor_Knight

The AACFI trainer that I work for part time & am friends with very much supports Constitutional carry. Let's try not to lump everyone in the same pile.

I don't see where that has happened in this thread at all. The point of this thread is to draw attention to those in the minority who do not support Constitutional Carry so that people are educated before spending money and supporting these individual trainers.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

Also, there is a difference between simply having an opinion that people "should" seek training and pushing that opinion to the media. If you condemn Constitutional Carry publicly the media and politicians are going to use that opinion in their efforts to demand training.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I don't see where that has happened in this thread at all. The point of this thread is to draw attention to those in the minority who do not support Constitutional Carry so that people are educated before spending money and supporting these individual trainers.

It has not happened yet, but someone will rant against AACFI eventually ... My post was being addressed to the fair majority that use this forum that happen to be anti AACFI & anti training as they likely believe that most or all AACFI trainers are in it solely for the money their fore must push hard for >>> mandated <<< training which I doubt the Majority of AACFI trainers do, although I can not prove it.

GO PACKERS :)

jpm84092

DO IT - You will not regret it.

Of course some trainers want mandatory training... they want to earn a livelihood too on an unConstitutional act. I, personally, am thinking about getting trained through the NRA to become a trainer for CCL, offer the classes for next to nothing, and offer the classes on days that are not Saturdays.

I strongly encourage you to follow through on your post. That is what I did. I earned my NRA Credentials in Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection in the Home and then got a Utah BCI Concealed Firearms Instructor rating. Then I set out to offer deeply discounted high quality training to encourage my fellow citizens to exercise their Second Amendment Rights.

When I returned to WI on vacation I offered the UT Concealed Firearms Permit course beginning at $10 for Combat Vets with the Purple Heart or any DAV and then offered deep discounts on a $40 course for having a membership in WI Carry, NRA, or both. Combat veterans got a deep discount as did any Military Vet. Nobody paid over $40 for a course that was going for $120 - $160 in WI at that time.- Same with the NRA Courses - they were half price with deep discounts for Military Service or membership in a 2A group. My last course even involved a picnic pot-luck hot dog roast with with the instructor providing the hot dogs and buns. I earned enough to pay my gas to and from Utah and one night in a motel each way. And, I made many new friends. Well worth the investment in the Instructor Ratings!

Carry on Mr. Verd - Proudly Carry ON

Yellow Cat Out-

M

McX

JPM, i would respond to this thread, but right now i have joined the KFC witness protection program.

MKEgal

McX said:
I have joined the KFC witness protection program.
ROFLMAO&PMP!!!!
Steve, please email me that picture! :D :D

As for the mandatory training bit...
I'm an instructor,
I'm all for training,
& in general I'm against the gov't telling people what to do*.

Everyone I know who carries has some safety training, even though it's not currently mandatory in WI. The amount of gun safety training included in hunter's safety (used to get a cc permit) is minimal, & can be done in less than an hour.

*As long as your actions don't negatively affect anyone else, you should be able to do pretty much whatever you want. The ticklish part comes with defining 'affecting someone else'. As an example, driving rules make sense.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Heaven forbid that anyone would have an opinion other than Glock's. Forgive us, for we have sinned. :p

sheit..I am in the Minority here...the Majority of opinions on this forum are ..what I have posted before....Opinions are like rectal area's we all have them... I forgive you of your sins, my son :)