• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New gun shop in Goochland?

Bowesmobile

I was driving through Goochland courthouse and saw a new sign up on one of the buildings. It was called Brothers N' Arms and had pistols on either side of the name. So is this a new gun shop coming to my neck of the woods? I tried looking up any information online, but came up empty. Anyone have any info?

67GT390FB

I was driving through Goochland courthouse and saw a new sign up on one of the buildings. It was called Brothers N' Arms and had pistols on either side of the name. So is this a new gun shop coming to my neck of the woods? I tried looking up any information online, but came up empty. Anyone have any info?

Funny i saw the same sign and had the same questions this past weekend. saw your post and was hoping you had the answers.

Joe

Docgmt

Gary's gun & transfer was trying to open in the courthouse area and had problems with the zoning board wanting him to put in parking for 500 cars. ( Who doesn't have prob w zoning board in Goochland??? ) Maybe he go that resolved. I will try to drive over there today and find out.

Bowesmobile

Well if that is the case. I wonder where the heck would you be able to put a parking lot in that size in relation to where this business is. If memory serves its across the street from the Mobil gas station. There's probably parking for about 10 cars tops and no where I could see (possibly behind the store?) that you could park any where near that many cars. Of course two, the store front is not very big, so how would 500+ people fit in that tiny store? Let me know either way what you find out.

67GT390FB

Well if that is the case. I wonder where the heck would you be able to put a parking lot in that size in relation to where this business is. If memory serves its across the street from the Mobil gas station. There's probably parking for about 10 cars tops and no where I could see (possibly behind the store?) that you could park any where near that many cars. Of course two, the store front is not very big, so how would 500+ people fit in that tiny store? Let me know either way what you find out.

Store front is in half of what used to be the Company five fire station(many years ago) just West of the Goochland Post Office building and just East of Normans Funeral Home. lot out front is pretty small so they may be required to put in parking behind.

Bowesmobile

I took a walk with my family in Goochland courthouse tonight. While walking by the Brothers N Arms store I saw someone working inside. So I approached the door and introduced myself to the owner, Joe. It is going to be a firearm and ammunition store. Though he said it will be more ammunition than firearms at first. Very nice guy and said he's going to have some of the best Corbon prices around. He thanked me for open carrying and said to keep up the good work! So there you have it guys! Oh and no talk about needing 500 parking spaces either. :monkey

ClumsyCandy

I know for a fact that there have been numerous business' in what is now 3 store fronts in that one building for many years. I do not know where the rumor came from but wouldn't seem kosher to me that a building space that has been used for retail purposes for many years would suddenly need to increase it's parking. As long as the ADA requirements are met for handicapped spaces to non-handicapped spaces is met I don't see where a regulation would be put in place for a specific number of parking spaces. Plus it would seem needless for any one of those businesses to be required to have more parking spaces than any of the others. That being said, I am glad to have something closer.

Which part of the building is it in? If you are facing the building where is it?

67GT390FB

I know for a fact that there have been numerous business' in what is now 3 store fronts in that one building for many years. I do not know where the rumor came from but wouldn't seem kosher to me that a building space that has been used for retail purposes for many years would suddenly need to increase it's parking. As long as the ADA requirements are met for handicapped spaces to non-handicapped spaces is met I don't see where a regulation would be put in place for a specific number of parking spaces. Plus it would seem needless for any one of those businesses to be required to have more parking spaces than any of the others. That being said, I am glad to have something closer.

Which part of the building is it in? If you are facing the building where is it?

Two things.
1. Remember this is Goochland they'll try and do what they want.
2. It doesn't matter what was there before, see number 1.

It looks like its all the way to the left. Closest to Norman's. If I recall correctly.

Docgmt

500 car parking

It's not that they really want that much parking it's their way of slapping down anything they do not like. They do not like guns

Docgmt

Brother N Arms

Drove over there this morning it is a small building and on the door the sign has "Opening soon" no date and no activity in the store. When it opens:D I will post.