• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for people to join MOC OC shooting team...

tunasnacks

I'd be interested in doing this as well. All that tactical firearms training in the Army might come in handy in the civilian world!

Michigander

Anything is better than nothing in most cases. We just need enough people involved, from there its easy. :D

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Point is that FOF drills are far better than most types of practice. Simuntions are ideal, but due to their elitest company policies not likely something we'd have an easy time getting into.

Airsofts on the other hand are used constantly by very well respected firearms instructors such as Suarez International and Lou Chiodo. Airsoft's are cheap easy and effective. You don't quite get the same scare as with simunitions, but the effects are similar enough to be highly merited.

Small_Arms_Collector

Point is that FOF drills are far better than most types of practice. Simuntions are ideal, but due to their elitest company policies not likely something we'd have an easy time getting into.

Airsofts on the other hand are used constantly by very well respected firearms instructors such as Suarez International and Lou Chiodo. Airsoft's are cheap easy and effective. You don't quite get the same scare as with simunitions, but the effects are similar enough to be highly merited.

I can get simunitions.

Michigander

Anyone with a credit card and the internet can get simunitions if they spend enough time looking around for them on the second hand market. That's pretty nice if they'll sell direct to you or you have a hook up...

But there are obviously other concerns, such as the facility they'd be used in, since they can obviously do some serious property damage and are chalked full of liability. Then there is the issue of how many people will actually be open to the idea of getting shot by simunitions, as well as pricey safety gear and the guns themselves. Every part of this is a costly proposition.

If all of those issues can be addressed, by all means it sounds good, but I for one know I don't have 2 grand+ to dump on simunitions gear, nor do I have access to anywhere that would let us blast away with it. Failing that, I'd again say airsoft might be a good bet.

Last edited: