• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet and Greet - October 7, 6pm -- 2A Speaker from Florida at IHOP

since9

Campaign Veteran
Hi, folks!

I was contacted earlier today about a new movement entitled "Revitalizing the Second Amendment." Specifically, a gent from Florida is taking his movement on the road, and arrived in Colorado today, with informational meetings planned in Denver, Gunnison, Grand Junction, Colorado Springs, and a few other locations.

The group asked me to coordinate a meeting location here in Colorado Springs and to help spread the word.

I spent the last three hours on the phone with the gent. His concepts are indeed very firmly grounded in the Constitution. As such, I agreed to help him set up a meeting, which will be at 6pm at the IHOP at 8065 N. Academy Blvd, Colo Sprgs, CO 80920. I've reserved the back room. Dinner will start at 6, and he'll begin speaking some time between 6:30pm and 7pm.

I figured if he has the funds to travel all the way here from Florida on his own dime to protect the 2A, the least I can do is listen to what he has to say!

The back room will seat 30 comfortably, and 40 cramped. The IHOP mgr and I agreed to limit it to 30. The rest can eat in the main part of the restaurant, and be part of the SRO crowd when he begins speaking.

I anticipate his speaking will last less than an hour, followed by Q&A/discussion that'll probably last another hour. Regardless, by 9pm we're done.

If you know of some other Colo Sprgs groups in which you'd like to spread the word, please do.

- since9

Brian D.

Here in Ohio, several of the IHOP restaurants are posted with big 'No Guns Allowed' signage. Apparently that is not the case in your locale. Amazing how some corporations "think" on such matters, isn't it?

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

I pretty much knew from past run ins with his posts,
that something might not be kosher with this ,,, thing..
I read your misgivings,, felt the same things here too, but
im too far away to really feel any involvement,,, Sooo...

It will be interesting to read since9 report of the evening,,, IF,,, he does report!

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

I pretty much knew from past run ins with his posts,
that something might not be kosher with this ,,, thing..
I read your misgivings,, felt the same things here too, but
im too far away to really feel any involvement,,, Sooo...

It will be interesting to read since9 report of the evening,,, IF,,, he does report!

Howdy Pardner!
When all got said and done, it was a strange day.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I have just spent time talking with folks from the organization Revitalize the 2nd Amendment and learned directly what their purposes and objectives are.
I am delighted to report that any misgivings I may have had have been corrected.

It appears that this group is a legitimate group working with state legislatures around the country to establish a statutory militia in each state.
This is constitutionally required, but many states fail in that particular requirement.

The gentleman with whom I spoke was able to address my concerns regarding the nature and work of such militias in the states, and I believe it may prove beneficial for members and interested parties to visit one of their presentations or meet-ups around the state in coming days.

For a calendar of events, visit here: http://www.chsacolorado.net/colorado-tour.html

You'll find copious information about where to go and meet with them, and also have an opportunity to hear radio broadcasts they've done with local stations.

My apologies for any confusion that may have been caused earlier, and hope you'll give them a fair opportunity to tell their story.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

So why the secrecy and mystery? Why the hostility to your inquiries? Why were you banned from the meeting?

Howdy Pard!
That was evidently all the one guy who orchestrated this meet.
We were friends once.
But as he noted on several occassions when speaking with me...
He has lost a lot of friends.
I am but one more notch on his scorecard.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
That was evidently all the one guy who orchestrated this meet.

According to the IHOP staff, they asked you to leave after you lost your temper with the waitress, called her "stupid," demanded to speak with the managers, etc., all before I arrived at 6pm.

ETA Clarification: The behavior listed above occurred before I arrived. They asked you to leave after I arrived. Taking all accounts into consideration, you may have demanded to speak to the managers after they asked you to leave.

I am but one more notch on his scorecard.

If you want to play the martyr card, you'll have to find a persecutor. I am not he.

As you mentioned below, once you took the time to learn of their mission and objectives, your misgivings were cleared up.

Fortunately, all is not lost. You also mentioned, they're Constitutionally based. The Constitution remains the supreme law of our land, so it's a fair bet that following it is among the most legal of things we can do. Might run afoul of an errant local law or two, but if that's the case, it merely highlights the potential un-Constitutionality of that local law, as well as the need to address that issue through the courts.

You also shared a good link which I did not have in my possession late Friday night, and you made a great suggestion: "it may prove beneficial for members and interested parties to visit one of their presentations or meet-ups around the state in coming days."

There's a lot of information I didn't have in my possession when I posted the original invitation. That's sort of the idea, though, isn't it? Invite them to speak so we can learn what they're all about? As it is, I'd learned enough to know they were legit, from a Constitutional and legal point of view. That was good enough for me to organize the Meet and Greet. Beyond that, it's up each individual to make their own decisions as to whether they want to attend or not.

As for the meeting itself, it was small, but interesting and informative. Some good stuff! The rest is on their websites.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

According to the IHOP staff, they asked you to leave after you lost your temper with the waitress, called her "stupid," demanded to speak with the managers, etc., all before I arrived at 6pm.

Howdy Again!
That just flat isn't true. I didn't come anywhere near losing my temper in any manner whatsoever.
First, they didn't ask me to leave before you got there.
And I did not ask to speak to a manager until after we were told, to our surprise, that we could not sit in the room where the meet was to be held.
Even then, I didn't lose my temper but was trying to ascertain why they were denying us access.
And when it became clear, that's when we went outside and you made it clear we were not welcome to be there.

They never denied us service, as you claim. They only told us we could not sit in that room. They indicated we were welcome to sit elsewhere, but not there.
I explained we were there for the express purpose of attending the meeting, and they said we couldn't sit in the room where the meeting was to be.
At that point, I did ask to speak with a manager, but did not have cause to be upset with them. It was immediately on the heels of that when it became evident who was being our being denied access.

The facts are backed up by the fact that you arrived and found us sitting quietly near the reception area.
We weren't saying anything, to anybody, much less raising a fuss.
We had no reason to be raising a fuss. We hadn't been denied anything or given any reason to be annoyed, especially considering they evidently did not know any such meeting was to be held, as they told you when you did arrive.

Nice try, but the story you present doesn't even begin to make any logical sense.
As for calling anybody stupid... that's an outright lie.
That didn't happen.

Finally, had they actually asked us to leave, we'd have left immediately because we both well understand that when a property owner asks you to leave, when armed, do so immediately. That's something we talk about all the time on the forums. Why would I preach something that I won't abide by myself? That just does not make sense.

If you want to play the martyr card, you'll have to find a persecutor. I am not he.

Do you deny your call to me on Sunday evening? Do you deny that I told you we were entertaining company and were in the middle of something?
Do you deny you started immediately arguing and yelling at me over the phone? Do you deny you attacked my patriotism,
which led to my decision to part company? Really?

As you mentioned below, once you took the time to learn of their mission and objectives, your misgivings were cleared up.

That was our reason for coming to the event to start with... to find out what was afoot.
The information you posted was not sufficient to have people do what you suggest here:

Invite them to speak so we can learn what they're all about?

Not everyone can afford the luxury of waiting until they arrive to find out what they're all about.
You know this to be true. You said you'd vetted the organization. Peachy. You vetted them.
But there was little to nothing in your vetting to give another person confidence.
You could have posted information about them from their website in your introductrion.
You could have identified the speaker.
You could have provided some links that would help individual citizens decide whether they should...
or even could...
attend this particular meet.
You spent three hours talking with them by phone, but couldn't offer anything to others to decide for themselves whether to attend?

When I raised what I felt were perfectly legitimate questions, you went after me in a verbal assault that was not acceptable.
I hung up and fired back a response asking you to cease any/all communications with me.

Now, can we go back and consider this was a massive cluster festival and change the dynamic?
Can we go back and admit, on both sides, that things could have been done better?
That communication could have been facilitated in a more satisfactory fashion?

That's up to you.
But based on the fact that this post contains a good deal of fabrication (i.e. asked to leave IHOP... never happened)
There is a helluva lot of work needs to be done to mend any fences.

And in honest retrospect, for the folks who came out from Florida...
it wasn't their fault. They got caught up in a crossfire that really didn't need to happen.

Finally, in closing...
This discussion is not really relevant at this point to the entire forum.
Suggest if you want to wrangle about it further, it be taken to private means of communication.
You may call if you wish, or email if you prefer.
But I am wont continue this line of discussion on open forum.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Howdy Again!
That just flat isn't true. I didn't come anywhere near losing my temper in any manner whatsoever.

Whether you think you did or not, the IHOP staff say otherwise.

First, they didn't ask me to leave before you got there.

According to them, they asked you to leave after I'd arrived, and while I was in the parking lot. Regardless, the moment I arrived, they approached with serious concerns about your being there after your initial "presentation."

And in honest retrospect, for the folks who came out from Florida...
it wasn't their fault. They got caught up in a crossfire that really didn't need to happen.

Correct on both accounts.

I bear you no ill will. I'm still perplexed, with some consternation, at the unfolding of events. I never would have pegged you as being the one to shoot down the event without learning more about it, first.

Enjoy your day. I have work to do.

- since9

M-Taliesin

Whether you think you did or not, the IHOP staff say otherwise.
According to them, they asked you to leave after I'd arrived, and while I was in the parking lot.

Howdy Pard!
Your story just doesn't jive. Nuff said?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

zach

popc.gif

since9

Campaign Veteran
Your story just doesn't jive. Nuff said?

Not at all. Please elaborate. Who knows? One of these posts you just might stumble over one of your intentional obfuscations and land on the truth.

However, as we all know what really happened (they're not stupid, Mel), I'm done. You're free to continue blathering, of course.

Mind if I join 'ya? :)

Last edited: