• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best defensive round!!!

DevinWKuska

Found this on another website. I think its safe to say that this will make hollowpoints pretty much second rate. Let me know what you guys think!

[video=youtube;mJGH7cDFw7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mJGH7cDFw7c[/video]

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
There are at least two threads on it already.

It's a gimmick. It's crap.

It might work, but it will do nothing better than existing bullets (that I can readily think of), and many things worse.

Mr Birdman

gimmick?

There are at least two threads on it already.

It's a gimmick. It's crap.

It might work, but it will do nothing better than existing bullets (that I can readily think of), and many things worse.

It may be but the video of the round going through the balloon is fabulous

Slade McCuiston

That must be where they got the idea for the part on the advertisement that says it penetrates all known barriers...

Yeah, they say it goes through concrete, but when you watch, it only penetrates the first layer of the concrete block... Most other rounds will too.

Primus

Looks like it literally cuts through the material then sends the center of the bullet through. The balloon shows it pretty clear. The video mentions it "saws" through whatever material its shooting. So I wonder what the weight of the round that actually stays together is. Its a very light bullet anyways and you lose the mass to those "teeth" sheering off. Can also see a problem with trying to hand loading then and getting a little more power. I'm assuming once you reach a certain muzzle velocity and depending on the twist of the barrel, you my too much spin on it and I wonder it would come apart prematurely.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Superlite27

It may be but the video of the round going through the balloon is fabulous

Let that serve as a lesson to all balloons contemplating criminal activity! I can only imagine the fear this video strikes into the heart of the party favors that view it.

No sooner does Bob Munden, the world's greatest balloon slayer, pass away, than the next greatest threat to the physical integrity of inflatables rears its ugly head.

Of course, I may be taken unawares, but I'm not planning on facing many violent attacks undertaken by nefarious minded balloons at any point in the future, so I'll contain my bedazzlement at the neato-bandito, flim-flammy, goo-gaw bullet and stick with the tried and true, proven man stoppers: name brand hollow points.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

What is the MV again?
What is the maximum MV before that thing goes to splinters while in flight?

Why is there not even a plastic nose to help it move through the air better?

Too many questions, not enough answers.

OC for ME

Let that serve as a lesson to all balloons contemplating criminal activity! I can only imagine the fear this video strikes into the heart of the party favors that view it.

No sooner does Bob Munden, the world's greatest balloon slayer, pass away, than the next greatest threat to the physical integrity of inflatables rears its ugly head.

Of course, I may be taken unawares, but I'm not planning on facing many violent attacks undertaken by nefarious minded balloons at any point in the future, so I'll contain my bedazzlement at the neato-bandito, flim-flammy, goo-gaw bullet and stick with the tried and true, proven man stoppers: name brand hollow points.
Not all "balloons" are created equal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_(The_Prisoner)

Firearms Iinstuctor

I did find the video of the bullet exiting the balloon to be interesting.

I do not find the bullet to be bad or good interesting nice to see designers coming up with new ideas and getting them to the market place.

The manufactures are doing a good job of marketing.

If the price is right I might buy a box for testing as I like to do that and have been doing so for 40 plus years

If they turn out to work, function well I would considering using them but not based on a marking video.