• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Champion Arms Looking for an employee

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Since they OC and sell guns.....

Local gun store is looking for full time M/F 10am-6:30pm counter person. You will service customers in the Retail Store and work the firing range.

Duties include
Gun Sales and preparation of all state and federal paperwork
Retail sales of accessories
Receiving and stocking inventory
Taking customer special orders
Greeting customers and ensuring good customer service
Running/monitoring the Firing range
Cleaning range guns and monitoring range equipment
Safe handling of firearms
other duties as assigned by management

Qualifications:
In depth knowledge of firearms
3 or more years of Gun Counter Sales Experience
Current Concealed Pistol License from Washington
Able to pass background check and fingerprinting

job-puh8v-2039968280@craigslist.org

cbpeck

I used to live about five miles from this place and I shot there frequently. Its a well stocked store & indoor range with a good staff and a knowledgeable gunsmith on site. The only detractor during my time there was that some of their clientelle are a tad ghetto.

amlevin

Since they OC and sell guns.....

Local gun store is looking for full time M/F 10am-6:30pm counter person. You will service customers in the Retail Store and work the firing range.

Duties include
Gun Sales and preparation of all state and federal paperwork
Retail sales of accessories
Receiving and stocking inventory
Taking customer special orders
Greeting customers and ensuring good customer service
Running/monitoring the Firing range
Cleaning range guns and monitoring range equipment
Safe handling of firearms
other duties as assigned by management

Qualifications:
In depth knowledge of firearms
3 or more years of Gun Counter Sales Experience
Current Concealed Pistol License from Washington
Able to pass background check and fingerprinting

job-puh8v-2039968280@craigslist.org

Wouldn't the last two on the list of qualifications be one and the same???

Last edited:

oldkim

Wouldn't the last two on the list of qualifications be one and the same???

Well as someone else said before - you may have passed once and got the CPL but you just never know what has happened since then...

I guess they are just covering the basics - CYA before you hire.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Well as someone else said before - you may have passed once and got the CPL but you just never know what has happened since then...

I guess they are just covering the basics - CYA before you hire.

Cuts down on those that are not eligible before running the background check and then run it again to ensure it is up todate.

amlevin

You'd think that with all the "record keeping" that government does now, they would be recalling the CPL's from those who were no longer eligible. At least flagging them as "invalid due to disqualifying conviction" or the like.

Just doing a little "government bashing" here.

.45ACPaddy

You'd think that with all the "record keeping" that government does now, they would be recalling the CPL's from those who were no longer eligible. At least flagging them as "invalid due to disqualifying conviction" or the like.

Well, they probably don't have any means of running the CPL number at Champion Arms unless it's for a pistol sale. If they could run the number, I can see them not needing the additional check. However, I think it's more likely that to them, seeing a "good guy card" makes it worth spending money on a background check, since they may feel the person is more likely to pass. If they let any average Joe apply that didn't have a CPL, they may get more applicants who are unable to pass the background check, thus wasting money, and in this economy it's the last thing a business wants to do.

Trigger Dr

I do not recall for certain if it is an RCW or a WAC that requires retail FFL dealers have on file is the store, a fingerprint card of all employees that handle and / or sell firearms.

amlevin

I do not recall for certain if it is an RCW or a WAC that requires retail FFL dealers have on file is the store, a fingerprint card of all employees that handle and / or sell firearms.

It's an FFL requirement that all employees that handle firearms have a background check performed. Since there is an annual inspection requirement for an FFL, the records will definitely have to be on file and ready for BATFE to inspect when they show up.

Ravenhawk

Whenever someone gets convicted of such, the presiding Judge will take away your gun rights as part of sentencing effective immediately.

killchain

Whenever someone gets convicted of such, the presiding Judge will take away your gun rights as part of sentencing effective immediately.

Yup. I had a friend who thought it'd be smart to threaten someone with an airsoft gun.

His CPL rights were immediately revoked. I don't know if he ever got them back.