• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teen burglar shot by homeowner in leg

lil_freak_66

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...-wielding-butcher’s-knife-inside-warren-house

WARREN, Mich. (WXYZ) - Neighbors in Warren say a 17-year-old male suspect was shot Monday when he tried to break into house with a butcher’s knife.
At noon, police were at the home on Los Angeles Avenue, near the intersection of 9 Mile and Ryan Roads.
Earlier in the morning, Warren police say the 17-year-old was shot in the leg by the homeowner. He was taken to Royal Oak’s Beaumont Hospital and suffered a good deal of blood loss. He was listed in temporary serious condition Monday afternoon.
The homeowner is said to be cooperating with police. His friend told Action News that after the incident he was taken to the hospital as well because of a minor panic attack.

lil_freak_66

normally id agree,but at that age,he can still change his ways.now if he was in his 20s or older with a long record...id certainly agree

09jisaac

Hopefully this would be the swift kick he needs to get turned around and going straight. That scar would be a great reminder not to do that **** again.

zack991

normally id agree,but at that age,he can still change his ways.now if he was in his 20s or older with a long record...id certainly agree

Are you kidding me, no matter the age teen or adult I am shooting the person in the chest and head. If the person survives the gun shot wound then I would hope it would be a wake up call to them. Yet I am not risking the life of my family by shooting the teen in the leg or other limb. Doing so your playing with the lives of loved ones just because the punk is a teen and you think he is under some protected "Number". No matter the age people can change their lifestyle, but I am not going to change my tactics of self defense just because the person is a stupid teen.

Last edited:

usamarshal

If the home owner didn't have a gun he would be dead...He did have a gun and the piece of trash is now dead. Hoofukinrah!!!

carry for myself

sadly now-a-days a gunshot wound to these punks is like a bad-%*% badge that they wear proudly around their neck as a symbol of respect. most of them want to get shot and live. that way they can act cool. so technically popping them in the leg will give them more "street cred".........:uhoh:

since9

Campaign Veteran
sadly now-a-days a gunshot wound to these punks is like a bad-%*% badge that they wear proudly around their neck as a symbol of respect. most of them want to get shot and live.

What's that song by the Rolling Stones? Oh, yeah: "You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need."

Anyone who breaks into my home intent on robbing me, particularly if they're prepared to inflict bodily harm, needs to be culled from the gene pool.

Last edited:

lil_freak_66

Are you kidding me, no matter the age teen or adult I am shooting the person in the chest and head. If the person survives the gun shot wound then I would hope it would be a wake up call to them. Yet I am not risking the life of my family by shooting the teen in the leg or other limb. Doing so your playing with the lives of loved ones just because the punk is a teen and you think he is under some protected "Number". No matter the age people can change their lifestyle, but I am not going to change my tactics of self defense just because the person is a stupid teen.

i always suggest a chest shot,i was commenting at the fact that he was alive,he now has a chance to change his life around rather than just have been killed off so young,wasnt meant to construe as supporting leg shots...just that being killed is not always the best option IMO,sorry for any confusion

zack991

i always suggest a chest shot,i was commenting at the fact that he was alive,he now has a chance to change his life around rather than just have been killed off so young,wasnt meant to construe as supporting leg shots...just that being killed is not always the best option IMO,sorry for any confusion
Sorry for the misunderstanding