• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

app is in the po box

filhar1

App is in post box 7130 and should be picked up from Post Office in about a half hour. Let the countdown begin.

Vandil

Mine went in the mail box this morning :banana: When I got to work I found the place posted :(

apjonas

How Do You Know?

App is in post box 7130 and should be picked up from Post Office in about a half hour. Let the countdown begin.

Are you a postal employee? By the way in which post office is the box located?

Last edited:

filhar1

Postal employee. Box is at main post office. It's picked up about 7:30 and taken to Capitol mail room. Took the day off to get there on time. 3 pages plus ddi 214 were exactly 1 ounce. 44 cents did it.

JJC

Mine went in the mail box this morning :banana: When I got to work I found the place posted :(

Small world, mine was posted when I got to work also. Oh, well. I've accepted the fact that I'm not bound to protect any body at my place of employment if violent bad guys show up. My escape route is already planned.

JC

safcrkr

Postal employee. Box is at main post office. It's picked up about 7:30 and taken to Capitol mail room. Took the day off to get there on time. 3 pages plus ddi 214 were exactly 1 ounce. 44 cents did it.

3 pages of application, life-size copy of FL permit (front & rear) on another page, 2nd copy of FL permit enlarged 400% on another page, affirmation form, copy of WI Drivers License. 7 pages plus check in envelope. I was a rural carrier for USPS, so I thought it was a little too heavy. It was. I was the 1st customer at the window this morning, the clerk weighed my envelope... 65 cents. Good thing I checked. I had a 45cent stamp on it, and almost just dropped it in the mailbox. I would've gotten it back the day after tomorrow with postage due.

Edit to add: If you used another permit for training and need the affirmation form, that's at least 5 sheets. Anything over 4 is more than a $.45 stamp. If that's all you used.... uh-oh.

Last edited:

xenophon

3 pages of application, life-size copy of FL permit (front & rear) on another page, 2nd copy of FL permit enlarged 400% on another page, affirmation form, copy of WI Drivers License. 7 pages plus check in envelope. I was a rural carrier for USPS, so I thought it was a little too heavy. It was. I was the 1st customer at the window this morning, the clerk weighed my envelope... 65 cents. Good thing I checked. I had a 45cent stamp on it, and almost just dropped it in the mailbox. I would've gotten it back the day after tomorrow with postage due.

Edit to add: If you used another permit for training and need the affirmation form, that's at least 5 sheets. Anything over 4 is more than a $.45 stamp. If that's all you used.... uh-oh.

Are they (USPS) actually that strict? 5 sheets means they'll reject? I wouldn't think they'd weigh everything coming through, and if it's not OVERLY stuffed, shouldn't it pass?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Are they (USPS) actually that strict? 5 sheets means they'll reject? I wouldn't think they'd weigh everything coming through, and if it's not OVERLY stuffed, shouldn't it pass?

Yep, they're that strict. They'll use the energy to make sure it gets back to your mailbox though. (when it would take just as much energy to send it on to the intended recipient) Everything is weighed automatically.

filhar1

Thar would be a 44 cent stamp, not 45. Mail with some postage on it is not returned unless the sender refuses it, which, the DOJ would probably do. Mail with no postage is returned for postage, but, unless it goes through a clerks hand instead of a machine, it is not always caught. I sent 4 pages and it was exactly 1 ounce.

safcrkr

Thar would be a 44 cent stamp, not 45. Mail with some postage on it is not returned unless the sender refuses it, which, the DOJ would probably do. Mail with no postage is returned for postage, but, unless it goes through a clerks hand instead of a machine, it is not always caught. I sent 4 pages and it was exactly 1 ounce.

Yup, still $.44, my mistake... but it will soon be $.45, as I heard there's a 1 penny increase coming. That's why I said .45. The 3 extra sheets of paper in my envelope were worth another $.21.

Last edited: