• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Judge Fred Bonner, Seattle Municiple court, said that Washington is NOT an OC state.

Grim_Night

I would have chosen the 10 days...get all that free medical, food and housing....

The GF thinks you will cheat on her ? lol

It's not free. They charge you for each day, charge you for medical, and charge you for food. Then, if you don't pay for these "fees", you can go to jail again for failure to pay, having to deal with the fact that you can lose your driver's license for not paying the "fees". Then there are the indirect costs involving the time spent in jail. These include money lost from not working, maybe losing your job.

Then there are costs directly related after you get out of jail. These include paying for your own probation monitoring, paying for drug testing, paying to do community service, paying to have a jury trial (paying the jury members), and paying for "overtime" for police officers to testify... You get the idea. If you don't believe me, look it up for yourself.

Even worse is the fact that because jails are so overcrowded, you can actually show up to the jail to serve your sentence only to be turned away and told to come back the next month and try again. This can be lead to a perpetual cycle leading to lots of wasted time and money on your part as the inmate.

Freedom1Man

Open carry is only legal by virtue, that there is no law on the books making it illegal.

.......................Jack

You, the appellate court, the state AG, any reasonable and logical person, and I would agree on that.

Please note that this is a judge from the Seattle municipal court saying this along with the Seattle persecutor. Neither of which are Americans (in my opinion at least).

Dave Workman

During sentencing today, for the trespassing in the Washington Convention center, I was told that I cannot open carry a pistol as part of my sentence. I can still conceal carry, so long as I have a permit to do so.

My attorney objected stating that Washington is an open carry state, the judge stated that Washington is NOT an open carry state and that the statute (law) clearly stated that.

I am floored, flabbergasted, and shocked at the level of stupidity that this judge had displayed.

Also, there is a 5000 bond for a stay of sentencing in my case.

State v. Gregory Casad It wasn't a published opinion, but it was still an opinion.

I'm not sure if telling someone they cannot carry a firearm in a legal and constitutionally-protected manner will stand the constitutional smell test.

Grim_Night

State v. Gregory Casad It wasn't a published opinion, but it was still an opinion.

I'm not sure if telling someone they cannot carry a firearm in a legal and constitutionally-protected manner will stand the constitutional smell test.

I have already provided the OP with the attorney general opinion regarding "when one is required to have a CPL" in this state Dating from February 28, 2008. This opinion also includes references to both State v. Spencer and State v. Casad

/snip

Turning to Washington's firearms laws, a person is generally not required to obtain a license or permit to own or carry a firearm. The one exception to this general rule is that a person must obtain a license to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person. RCW 9.41.050(1) - (2)(a)(iii) provides:

So the judge in the OPs case is obviously disregarding clearly established case law and is also ordering the OP to cease exercising a constitutional right.

mikeyb

davidmcbeth

Banned

ROFL .... the carpool is great ! He's a thief IMO.

The ranking? Well someone has to be last ! lol

sudden valley gunner

A workaround with the legal types is that opinion overturned another, so mention the first decision the bad one and then mention it was overturned.....:lol:

Alpine

What a sleazeball! Can anyone file a bar complaint against this guy? Or am I wrong in assuming he is a lawyer because he's a judge?

Alpine

That's kinda what I thought. Don't know if he's a lawyer or not.

If he is, file a complaint with the WSBA!

Last edited:

Grim_Night

A 5 yr old could be president, in theory.

David, take your BS info and go away. It's well established fact that the US constitution specifically outlines the requirements to be the US president. #1 Must be a natural born citizen. #2 Must be at least 35 years of age. #3 Must have lived within the US for at least 14 years.

You are spreading misinformation. Go away.

Freedom1Man

No, your information is not true. In Washington state, a judge MUST be licensed to practice law meaning they MUST pass the bar exam thus being a licensed attorney with the state bar association.

There is no such thing as a license to practice law.

There are a few lawyers who know this that I have talked to and they laugh about it in a, "people are so stupid" kind of laugh.

Grim_Night

There is no such thing as a license to practice law.

There are a few lawyers who know this that I have talked to and they laugh about it in a, "people are so stupid" kind of laugh.

Um... The American Bar Association says differently.

http://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_education/resources/bar_admissions/basic_overview.html

/snip
In order to obtain a license to practice law, almost all law school graduates must apply for bar admission through a state board of bar examiners.

Freedom1Man

http://freedom-school.com/law/court-cases-supporting-no-license.html

LAWYERS AND ATTORNEYS ARE NOT LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW THE NATURE OF LAWYER-CRAFT IN AMERICA AS PER THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT; The practice of Law CAN NOT be licensed by any state/State. (Schware v. Board of Examiners, 353 U.S. 238, 239)

http://freedom-school.com/lawyers-and-attorneys-are-not-licensed-to-practice-law.html

Please show me the law license of the State of Washington.

I have not been able to find it.

Grim_Night

http://freedom-school.com/law/court-cases-supporting-no-license.html

LAWYERS AND ATTORNEYS ARE NOT LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW THE NATURE OF LAWYER-CRAFT IN AMERICA AS PER THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT; The practice of Law CAN NOT be licensed by any state/State. (Schware v. Board of Examiners, 353 U.S. 238, 239)

http://freedom-school.com/lawyers-and-attorneys-are-not-licensed-to-practice-law.html

Please show me the law license of the State of Washington.

I have not been able to find it.

2 problems. #1 the first link pretty much states that no, you do not need to go to law school or to take the bar exam to practice law in a court room (provided you are doing it Pro Se).

#2 The government (both state and federal) does in fact require you to be admitted to the "state" bar association in order to practice law in order to represent others (in most situations).

I agree that one should not be required to take the bar exam in order to practice law on behalf of others. And I do agree that there is contradicting information out there regarding this issue.

But we are getting off topic. The judge in your case has violated his oath of office, has violated the law, has violated your rights and is lying while in office while performing his job. All of these things need to be brought to light so that he can be removed from his cooshy job and your verdict can be overturned without the need for an appeal.

Alpine

You guys are getting a bit off topic. Just find out if this guy is a bar member and if he is you might have grounds to file a complaint with them on him and hit him in the pocket book based on his bad decision in your case coupled with his other malfeasance.

Last edited: