• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fun, Fun. New face book site on gun control

amzbrady

I dont know if it is the Brady Campaign, or Washington Ceasefire, or a whole new group of Hopolongphobeis. Got banned from posting while posting, they are quick.

mparramore

This is my reply... last comment.

Washington State for Gun Control Please add your thoughts and concerns about guns among us. What regulations would you suggest to make communities safer? Do you have a personal story to share?

09 September at 10:03 · Comment · LikeUnlike · View feedback (5)Hide feedback (5)
  • 2 people like this.
    • Washington State for Gun Control We like the idea of businesses posting gun policy at the front door of the establishment. See this link from Tennessee and imagine the concept taking hold in Washington. http://www.gunfreediningtennessee.org/15 September at 11:11 · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...

• Baldr Odinson In Oregon, any non-felon 21 or older can buy a gun without a shred of required training of any kind. We won't let drivers drive without passing a test, getting a license, and having it renewed occasionally, for fear of having dangerous people on the road, but they can buy as many guns as they want without need for a license, registration, or training.24 September at 22:57 · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...

• Gordon Taylor Frank LeClair, you're not a Washington resident, you don't want gun control, you love yer preshus Taurus pistol, so get lost.Wednesday at 22:35 · LikeUnlike

• Michael Parramore Yeah, I have a comment. You people are Nazi's. Trying to control other people that believe in our rights as citizen of the U.S.A. next thing you will complain about is having a steak knife in restaurant is warranting alarm. Get a life!2 minutes ago · Like

amzbrady

All of my post's have been deleted...

Washington State for Gun Control‎"Homicide, Suicide and Unintentional Firearm Fatality: Comparing the United States With Other High-Income Countries" by Richardson and Hemenway. US homicide rates were 6.9 times higher due to firearms homicides that were 19.5 times higher. Among 23 countries, 80% of all firearm deaths, 86% of all women killed by guns, ...See MoreAugust 25 at 5:21pm
3 people like this..

Allen Quynn yes, exactly, when will it end?September 2 at 7:32pm.

Nathan Samuel Hazlett Hello. Im British. In the UK we have some of the toughest gun controls in the world. We also have some of the lowest gun homicide rates (less than 1 per 1,000,000) Clearly in the UK at least, gun control works and most Britons support it. W...See More

there was a Youtube video showing (I think it was brits) protesters warning the US, not to give up our gun rights, should post it on the thread with this UK guy.

Last edited:

amzbrady

Last edited:

cougfan

Wow that is fun, I've posted about 10 times on there. I was excited to see they mentioned the Associated Press and NY times articles on guns crossing state borders to commit crimes that I ripped up in a post on THR the other day. Check it out, 1,551 people already have and it has more comments than this group has fans (most of which are probably us liking it so we can comment).

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=546202

BobR

I don't expect my post to last long....

"Just reminder... this page is not for people who are pro-gun and anti control. "

Which is just the opposite of what most of the pro-gun boards say, They usually welcome opposing dialogue so that there can be a better understanding of the issues between both sides. But as is often the case, those who want to control have no real desire to debate and attempt to understand the other side, they only want to force their views on others.

Now that you have proven you have no qualms about trampling on civil rights, what will be your next civil right to trample?

bob

oneeyeross

well let's see now.

Owning firearms for self defense is a fundamental human right. Advocating restricting a fundamental human right makes them a hate group, doesn't it? Aren't hate groups banned from Facebook?

tai4de2

Is it worth it to have a specific, similar page with our point of view?

I was thinking about one called "Washington State for Gun Common Sense" to sorta turn typical anti wording against them, and promote it as a place where we refute the emotional, fear-driven and irrational arguments put forth by the antis. We could promote successful self-defense incidents etc on there and specifically call out that we do NOT fear opposing viewpoints because we are on the righteous path if logic and reason.

I created a page in my personal facebook account already and could build it into what's described above if people think it's worth it. I know there are already lots of pages that could potentially be serving a similar purpose (nra, wac, ocdo?, etc) but this one would be specific to WA. Is there already something like what I described above? Worth doing? I don't want to splinter us by creating a new page if a similar thing already exists somewhere else.

Last edited: