• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pre-Lobby day Dinner?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Trying to decide whether to go to Richmond on Sunday night to avoid the drive early in the morning.

Anyone planning a dinner Sunday evening?

I'd be happy to, but am not a local and haven't a clue about good places with enough parking and good menus.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Trying to decide whether to go to Richmond on Sunday night to avoid the drive early in the morning.

Anyone planning a dinner Sunday evening?

I'd be happy to, but am not a local and haven't a clue about good places with enough parking and good menus.

There is a breakfast planned Tess, but no dinners that I know of.
That might be pushing the envelope for some people this month.

We had the Surry meetup, a VCDL meeting/dinner, the regular OC dinner and the Lobby Day breakfast.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
There is a breakfast planned Tess, but no dinners that I know of.
That might be pushing the envelope for some people this month.

We had the Surry meetup, a VCDL meeting/dinner, the regular OC dinner and the Lobby Day breakfast.

Yeah, that's why I asked. Last year, VCDL planned one on Sunday night at some pizza place that was really good but had crappy parking.

I don't think there can ever be too many get-togethers. Those who can't make all certainly wouldn't be frowned upon.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
VCDL is having a dinner tonight at Bottoms Up Pizza - 1700 Dock St - at 7pm.

If you get the VA-ALERT, it was in yesterday's issue, with RSVP instructions. The text is also found on the blog, here.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No dinner tonight for me either - just got home and need to get ready for tomorrow.

See you all there!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Shouldn't you [strike]old[/strike](ahem) experienced folks be in bed already?? :p

Nope, we tuck the youngins in early though. :p

Besides, there is so d@mn much to do and so little time, know what I mean?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I made it up a little late from Lynchburg and had a good time. There were maybe 15 of us that turned out, enjoyed our dinner and enjoyed each others company. The parking was expensive, but it was worth it. I'm looking forward to seeing a big bunch of folks tomorrow. :)