• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So, Who Is Going To Move To A Free State?

Ca Patriot

That remedy might take 40 years. That isnt freedom.

I was thinking that a possible remedy from the courts would take about 5-10 years. That is providing we actually win. There is a very real possibility that we dont win.

I am not waiting. I am leaving.

Save Our State

Let me explain to you

The USA is actually a corporation

We are just employees of the corporation

We have to play by the corporation rules or we are ousted...jailed.. or imprisoned

You're correct to a some degree, but it's not all bad. The US is structured much like a corporation, with bylaws, a governing board, president, etc. That's not inherently bad. corporations are at least comprised of multiple controlling agents all voting and making decisions for the good of the entity, unlike a dictatorship of a family dynasty, or worse, a military victor. Our only real problem is getting the corporate structure in line with our constitution. To give the corporation the appearance of propriety, they must go through the motions set out in the bylaws, lest they lose credibility or increase the chances of a revolt. A dictatorship though, does not allow for this, and suppression is constant. Corporate type structure is preferrable...really

stainless1911

Banned
I was thinking that a possible remedy from the courts would take about 5-10 years. That is providing we actually win. There is a very real possibility that we dont win.

I am not waiting. I am leaving.

Good to hear. In Michigan, OC with a CPL is legal in almost all of the pistol free areas like schools, bars, hospitals and a few others.

Oh yeah, you can carry with one in the chamber as well.

drdcup

My suggestion is to start by re educating the masses through media. CA's democratic mentality reinforced by the large Mexican legal and illegal immigration does no good except to put the wrong politicians in office. Bad guys don't obey poor legislation. Anyone know of a producer/director/writer/actor who could be given the idea to make a positive movie about the loss of the 2a?

GWbiker

Remember the Alamo.

Fight to the last man. I'm staying.

Shasta county.....hell you probably had no problem obtaining a CCW permit from local sheriff. I'll bet you OC daily.

BTW, I've up thru your beautiful county. Very impressive.

Lawful Aim

RE remedy.

A law protecting the right, case law, lawsuit, whatever it takes to re instate your now non existent RKBA.

There is already law protecting the right. The issue is being educated in how to apply it.
The system is blurred with smoke and mirrors. The ones who have the knowledge to navigate through it will prevail and it doesn't require becoming an attorney nor years of schooling.
As far as case law and law suits, yes that is the long road with nothing assured.

Let me explain to you

The USA is actually a corporation

We are just employees of the corporation

We have to play by the corporation rules or we are ousted...jailed.. or imprisoned

That is the facts..We cannot change it......so now you know the truth

SUCKS doesn't it

Not when you learn how to no longer be an employee of that corporation.

cato

Remedies and courts? Which ones and where? If anyone wants to stand on principles and not wait for the low risk federal civil cases, then get an LTC denial and get hooked for 12031. You might even do better then Williams (v Maryland). Then again maybe not.

Lawful Aim lead the way. Or are you just a keyboard martyr?

Last edited:

Lawful Aim

Lawful Aim,

Here's where I see your strategy failing.

It's not my strategy, it's everyone's who applies it and I haven't seen it fail yet.
There are numerous methods to deny the system jurisdiction and they have all been utilized successfully.

Just one example; When a charge is made in a matter where there is no injured party including no signed affidavit, the charges are not and cannot be certified. (Sworn to under oath). When one does NOT CONSENT to the proceedings until the charges are certified the matter is dismissed.

Guy B. Meredith

If everyone takes off to other climes no one will be left to fight the good fight.

It seems all the arguments pro restrictions are theoretical or based on assumptions that are never tested. Rather than continue arguments in a closed box you need to force comparison between California and free states. Ask why the free states get along just fine without restrictions but California can't.

I moved to Salem, Oregon 5 months ago (laid off and going into retirement) and find a breath of fresh air. Oregon is a "shall issue" state, as I understand it open loaded carry is permitted except in some metropolitan areas and that concealed carry permit holders are exempt from some of those restrictions. I went to a local gun show where full auto firearms, silencers and other items are available. The local gun shops have racks of EBRs. Several gun clubs sponsor or permit machine gun shoots.

The lack of restrictions here is enough to make the California elitists wet their pants. I see violent crimes being reported in Portland and Gresham which for the most part seem to be gang related. The rest of the state does just fine.

The ongoing example of Oregon and other states being civilized despite the lack of restrictions should be part of every discussion about laws in California. The politicians should be forced to admit to the reality that they cannot explain why California needs the restrictions and other states don't.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Hmmm, guess I was way out in left field on this....

I was going by the enclosed link (2008), apparently IS very dated:

http://www.calccw.com/Forums/county-faq/7158-county-map-california-ccw-issuance.html

The map may be percieved as accurate by some (like 2,500 LTC holders), but my circumstances negate that. Regardless of whatever you hear from anyone (particularly from the leadership at CalCCW) Shasta County is NOT a shall issue county and I dont believe the sheriff is a proponent of the Second Amendment any more than Jerry Brown seems to be.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Lawful Aim, all that stuff you say about california being a free state sounds right, but it's wrong. Go open carry a loaded handgun and tell us how free you are behind bars. The only way to actually be free is to resist arrest even if it meant death to you, which no one will do. New Hampshire's motto of "Live Free or Die" will be just that, a cool catch phrase that people say but never live by. Why? Because no one wants to die.

I'm slowly accepting that we no longer live in a free country. As long as I have a license to carry in my wallet this is NOT a free country.

stainless1911

Banned
Lawful Aim, all that stuff you say about california being a free state sounds right, but it's wrong. Go open carry a loaded handgun and tell us how free you are behind bars. The only way to actually be free is to resist arrest even if it meant death to you, which no one will do. New Hampshire's motto of "Live Free or Die" will be just that, a cool catch phrase that people say but never live by. Why? Because no one wants to die.

I'm slowly accepting that we no longer live in a free country. As long as I have a license to carry in my wallet this is NOT a free country

QFT

Double for the bolded part.

drdcup

I'm slowly accepting that we no longer live in a free country. As long as I have a license to carry in my wallet this is NOT a free country.

I agree, "california being a free state sounds right, but it's wrong", not necessarily wrong but won't work and as you said you will land behind bars.

"As long as I have a license to carry in my wallet this is NOT a free country", also agree, does everyone carry a 1st ammendment license for free speech?