• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Peninsula Town Center stickers

HardChrome

I rarely go there anymore but I was invited to go along with some friends last nigh to dinner and a movie and it seems that all of the businesses there have "no firearms" stickers on the doors. This may have been discussed already but it was news to me. I'll definitely be more wary of taking my money to any of those businesses anymore.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not that it will guarantee any change of mind, but it does help the cause if you let the store know why you are choosing not to patronize them any longer.

Google will probably get you the corporate HQ address info. A short letter to the head person.

(A personal note: reminding the company that their policy hurts the law-abiding but does nothing to stop criminals - except to let them know there will be no opposition to their criminal behavior.)

stay safe.

45acpForMe

I rarely go there anymore but I was invited to go along with some friends last nigh to dinner and a movie and it seems that all of the businesses there have "no firearms" stickers on the doors. This may have been discussed already but it was news to me. I'll definitely be more wary of taking my money to any of those businesses anymore.

I haven't been there in a week or so but my daughters drag me there often and I OC into Holister, Deliahs, Pink, Bath & Bodyworks, Justice, Claires, Abuelos, Chipotle, Five Guys, Macy's, JC Penney, Barnes & Nobles, and a few other stores that we don't frequent but we went into.

So I prefer going to PTC rather than Patrick Henry Mall since I can OC everywhere. The only place I noticed a sticker was at one of the new restaurant/bar (which I never plan to go to anyway).

People here had already confronted the management of PTC such that they understand that we are allowed to OC outside everywhere but it is up to the individual stores/restaurants to set their own policy. I would be surprised if all of them suddenly put up no-gun stickers. Can you name some of the businesses that you saw the stickers at?

Last edited:

HardChrome

It looked to me like pretty much everyone was sporting these. Cinebistro, Dahlias, Monsoon, etc. I don't think passed by a door that didn't have one on it. Some also had the "no knives" sticker as well. I can only assume it was something pushed by the development rather than the individual businesses.

45acpForMe

Sadly, Hardchrome is correct!!!

I went to Barnes & Noble today in PTC so I decided to walk around a bit to see if what Hardchrome was saying was true. Unfortunately I didn't have to go far to start seeing no-gun stickers on stores. I drove down one street and saw a few from the car and parked and walked down the main street my daughters shop on and took some pictures. These stickers weren't there a few weeks ago so there must be some coordination for all these stores to all of a sudded decide to put up the stickers. I don't know how to go about investigating that assumption other than to talk to store managers. If anyone has a good idea lets hear it.

My battery on my camera was running out so I only took the below pictures but I may go back and investigate more. We might write to these stores corporate entities to see why they are putting up anti-gun stickers.

The only good news is Chipotle had no such sticker. :) Macy's, JC Penney, Pink also were good without stickers.

45acpForMe

Delia's

DSC01094_zps4231c12e.jpg

DSC01095_zpscd92e854.jpg

Thundar

Peninsula Town Center is a LOCAL Authority. They are preempted. This means that open carry in their two parks is perfectly legal. I open carry there often. They have mostly rent a cops. They also have some off duty Hampton Police. Hampton does not have a stop and identify law.