• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why shouldn’t we?

j2l3

Excellent article!

My wife and I have considered living in Britain when we retire, but the firearm laws are making us rethink it.

We live in the US in a "Shall Issue" state and are also not prohibited from carrying our firearms openly as well. I like this situation much better than total disarmament.

We are watching Britain's progress and hope you rejoin the free world soon.

Haz.

Dont come down under.

Excellent article!

My wife and I have considered living in Britain when we retire, but the firearm laws are making us rethink it.

We live in the US in a "Shall Issue" state and are also not prohibited from carrying our firearms openly as well. I like this situation much better than total disarmament.

Whatever you do, dont come to Australia if you support armed self defence, and its getting worse. Every time some idiot criminal uses a fire arm the anties go ape calling for even tighter gun control even though we have one of the tightest control in the western world, and the polies are listening to them.

Haz.

Yes mate I now. We havent been around quite as long as the USA. has been. Trouble here is the old timers like myself who have had friearms all our lives, starting at a young age, even just to bring food to the table, let alone self defence, are slowly dying off and the younger generation who have never needed a firearm, they buy their chicken's lambs, beef, already killed by someone else in horrible situations, (slaughter houses), cooked, and delivered at Maccas or Woolworths, and they depend soley upon the government provided police force to defend and protect them, even though we oldies know, as the news papers show daily, the police cannot do this. These are the majority of the anties here now days! Sadly many school teachers here are also brain washing the kids, telling them guns are dangerous and deadly and must be banned from society to make them safe and secure, and the kids naturally believe what they are being taught.

Buzz-tronic

Excellent article!

Here's hoping to that!

I am hoping to do the complete opposite and relocate to your fine country next year as the UK is a sinking ship.

I very much doubt it though, without a revolution or mass uprising the establisments morbid hatred of uk gunowners will continue.
They are having a Home Affairs committee meeting to further consider bans and restrictions because of some lunatic spree killer.

Haz.

Sounds a lot like the establishment here in Australia. Restrict the freedoms and remove the right of law abiding free moral agents to arm and defend themselves against criminals, and at the same time do nothing to protect those who have been dissarmed, and then adding fuel to the fire by releasing dangerous rapists, child molesters, home invaders, and violent thugs with a slap on the wrist, maybe home detention, and often a few hours community service, because our jails are over flowing, even after committing shocking crimes whilst on parole.

David Turner

I really believe that the next few years will see a change in the relationship between people and firearms ... because our Western civilisation is collapsing.

Here in the UK, there is massive debt, as you likely know, and its effects have not properly been felt. The promised pensions, benefits and health-care are all evaporating ... as do Ponzi schemes, the world over. The result is that millions are being forced back to reliance upon themselves and their neighbours.

The Government is busily looking for ways in which to cut spending ... whilst maintaining an ever-higher demand of the taxpayers. So, you get less for more. Meanwhile, benefits cuts help to create the imperative for more crime.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not an apologist for Government. My personal view is that Government is an unnecessary evil.)

Anyway, there will be greater need for citizens to protect themselves; and not just from the villains. Those other devils, the State's agents, are likely to be busy using violence to "keep order". Well, we all know that "keeping order" is simply a euphemism for "quelling the rebellion of the slaves". Great instability is on the very near horizon.

It remains to be seen whether we emerge as land of greater liberties or of fewer. My money is on the latter. I've every reason to believe that the UK will become a vassal state of the European Soviet.

since9

Campaign Veteran

Having visited the U.K several times, and seen such wonderful potentional (now going sour), I second the motion.

Every time some idiot criminal uses a fire arm the anties go ape calling for even tighter gun control...

Because that worked so well here in the U.S. a few decades ago, right?

...even though we have one of the tightest control in the western world...

So it's a simple matter of not knowing when enough's enough? Or was "The Little Engine That Could" simply required reading down under? "I think I can I think I can I think I..."

BOOM!

Nope. No one can survive a gunman's attack my mere good thoughts alone.

No offense to our friends here from down under! I simply feel and am trying to echo the pain you feel against the well-intentioned, but poorly-informed and largely nonsensical antis.