• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pink Pistols - For Ladies

Don Barnett

I am being treated for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, and the other day the Oncology Nurse noticed my Gun Owners of America cap.

She said she wanted to buy a pistol for herself and her husband had suggested pistols that were pink...i.e. specifically designed for ladies.

Does anyone know who makes these?

We were NOT talking about the Gay Pro-Second Amendment Group.

Like me, she is also a Harley rider.

MamaLiberty

The color of the gun is irrelevant, unless she just happens to have a passion for pink of course.

She needs to take a good basic pistol class first. Then she needs to find someone (possibly the instructor) to help her find a gun that really fits her hand, lifestyle and choice of carry method. The latter will change as time goes by and she discovers what she really likes... but you have to start somewhere.

A great place to start after the class is a good gun club or store with a range that rents guns. She should handle and shoot as many different guns as possible before she starts to shop for one. It will cut down on the time and frustration of the whole effort.

Pink is nice for some gals, but my big, black XD .45 is mighty beautiful to me. :)

carracer

My wife took a concealed class and had a chance to handle several styles of handguns. She chose a revolver for its simplicity and really liked the lighter ones.

I bought her a Charter Arms Pink Lady .38 and had the Cancer ribbon and the word "survivor" laser engraved on it. She really loves shooting it with lower power cowboy loads for practise. It has the grip that allows 3 fingers on it. some are short so can only fit 2 fingers.

I even carry it on some occassions. Concealed though. Don't want any demerits on my man card.

daddy4count

The Sig Mosquito comes in pink... so do a couple other models but I can't think off the top of my head what they are.

You can have poly guns colored to just about anything... or if you want to go cheap and easy just take a pink crayon to the etchings and engravings in the slide. I did mine in white on a XD... looks pretty cool.

I have seen slides anodized or otherwise colored as well... but the colored polymer looks more "factory custom" in my opinion

;)

<edit> I wonder how hot a Susan G line of pistols would be?

Last edited:

heliopolissolutions

I am being treated for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, and the other day the Oncology Nurse noticed my Gun Owners of America cap.

She said she wanted to buy a pistol for herself and her husband had suggested pistols that were pink...i.e. specifically designed for ladies.

Does anyone know who makes these?

We were NOT talking about the Gay Pro-Second Amendment Group.

Like me, she is also a Harley rider.

o_O
Just to let you in on a secret, theres alooooot of gay Harley riders.

As for pink colored pistols, well any pistol can be pink.
http://www.duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/

If you mean firearms factory finished in pink, or more 'intended' for your typical female (whatever that is).
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/801

Don Barnett

Yep!

o_O
Just to let you in on a secret, theres alooooot of gay Harley riders.

As for pink colored pistols, well any pistol can be pink.
http://www.duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/

If you mean firearms factory finished in pink, or more 'intended' for your typical female (whatever that is).
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/801

I'm sure there are...it doesn't matter to me! They have every right to ride the road as anyone else; and to carry a gun.

Ride safe...shoot straight (no pun intended)!

Eeyore

It doesn't affect how they shoot, but....

If the color or cancer-awareness aspect is important to her:

Taurus PT111 was available in pink, but only at Gander Mountain stores, IIRC.

The Ruger LCP comes in fuchsia.

Charter makes revolvers in several colors--red, lime, pink, etc.

The Julie Goloski special-edition Smith & Wesson M&P has pink grip panels and a pink fiber optic front sight, plus the pink ribbon logo is engraved on the slide.

Last edited:

Alexcabbie

serious business

Well, I mean choice of color for a car is pretty inconsequential. And I guess it would be OK to have a pink weapon if you are a competiton shooter as long as you are good enough to make the guys stop laughing.

But pull out a pistol that looks like a festive party favor, and the BG might not take the situation seriously enough. I think carrying a defensive weapon that is some fruity color might just increase the chance that you actually have to engage in a firefight.

I mean, you don't see a lot of polka-dot police cars, do you?

Alexcabbie

Mo

Banned
Well, I mean choice of color for a car is pretty inconsequential. And I guess it would be OK to have a pink weapon if you are a competiton shooter as long as you are good enough to make the guys stop laughing.

But pull out a pistol that looks like a festive party favor, and the BG might not take the situation seriously enough. I think carrying a defensive weapon that is some fruity color might just increase the chance that you actually have to engage in a firefight.

I mean, you don't see a lot of polka-dot police cars, do you?

I think Alex brings up a good point. I saw quite a few pink pistols at a gun show a few weeks ago and thought the same thing.

brimst0ne13

I recently bought my girlfriend a pink Taurus TCP in .380 ACP at a gunshow a few weeks ago. this thing is 10.2 ounces and out of the box with a spare mag and a cell phone style holster. Its not bad for CC or OC, but watch out for over oiling on the whole thing including the mags.

oldkim

You can get any gun in Pink...

Really...

You can by either replacing the grips or even having the gun "painted."

Certain manufacturers are already selling pre "colorized" guns and accessories. But really you can turn any gun into whatever color you so want - you just have to find a gunsmith that does it and also be willing to pay for it to be done.

No matter the color - the gun is mechanically the same regardless of color. Choose the one that best fits you and then change the color, grip, sights, trigger, etc, etc, etc.

Just like any other market.... so long there is a need (demand).... someone will come up with a supply.

Alexcabbie

There are a few YouTube vids wherin loving fathers have given their daughters pink themed .22 handguns to shoot. These young ladies do remarkably well in these vids, they score very well.

But the whole point of carrying is first, to be ready to respond to a threat

A handgun carried in self-defense should not look like a conversation piece. To my mind, the object is to avoid conflict. A defense firearm should not look like a cap gun. When the defense arm is brought to bear, there must b no mistaaking by the BG that he is facing lethal force.

If anyone has a daughter they are trying to familiarize with firearms, then maybe a pink firearm would be a good introduction. But for God.s sakes, let her carry piece be blued, stainless, ot nickel plated. If you have to pull a firearm on someone, it's bset to know that (first and foremost) you are NOT kidding.