• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

making list of all 91 munis in st louis county

sohighlyunlikely

Believe me. Your not going to get what you want from phone calls.

OCSTLlist251.jpg

lancers

I have posted this before, but I want everyone to know. If you open carry in unincorporated St. Louis County, you are going to jail, permit or not. I just spent a good deal speaking with a Lt. about this the other day and I have discussed this with several other higher ranking officers in the St. Louis County Police Department and they will give you a ride while you wear handcuffs to be charged with having a gun on someone else's property without having their written permission.

As for the list, it seems to be correct according to the ordinances, but speaking with police chiefs and captains in some of those municipalities, they will arrest you for a disturbance charge and in Webster Groves case, "assault" on whomever called the police on you.

sohighlyunlikely

I have posted this before, but I want everyone to know. If you open carry in unincorporated St. Louis County, you are going to jail, permit or not. I just spent a good deal speaking with a Lt. about this the other day and I have discussed this with several other higher ranking officers in the St. Louis County Police Department and they will give you a ride while you wear handcuffs to be charged with having a gun on someone else's property without having their written permission.

As for the list, it seems to be correct according to the ordinances, but speaking with police chiefs and captains in some of those municipalities, they will arrest you for a disturbance charge and in Webster Groves case, "assault" on whomever called the police on you.

Here is the hunting law you speek of

9.It shall be unlawful for any person carrying a firearm to willfully enter or go upon the premises or property of another, or to fire or discharge any firearm while on the premises or property of another without first having obtained the written permission from the owner, lessee or person in charge of such premises or property, and unless such person has said written permission on his person. This section shall not apply to a person carrying, firing or discharging any firearm while in the immediate presence of the owner, lessee, or person in charge of the property or premises, or to the entry upon the premises for the sole purpose of obtaining the written permission of the owner, lessee or person in charge of the property.

Sooo..
Welcome to LEO intimidation 101. If you are seeking Open Carry advice from LEOs you will get nothing but propaganda and threats. I have encountered LEOs while OC in and around St Louis Co 14 times. The law that the county LT is quoting does not discriminate against OC or CCW. If wrongfully arrested there are repercussions that the city/county can face. It is well documented what transpires on arresting an OCer in an area that has no specific law against it. I often make pubic my OC activities high profile to help people see that is and can be done.

Doc

Last edited:

kylemoul

as far as i would be concerned, i was on the private property to find the lesse or owner to get his permission

:)

that doesnt seem to be against that law

ComSec

Campaign Veteran

LOL ask your lawyer before you ask a cop, cops will say anything to get there agenda across

jad316

Doc, below is the ordiance for Maplewood off of municode.com. I can't find where it allows open carry verbage? Please help me understand how to read this.

jim

Sec. 22-103. Weapons generally.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to wear under his clothes, or to conceal about his person, or to display in a threatening manner, any dangerous or deadly weapon including, but not by way of limitation, any pistol, revolver, slingshot, blackjack, cross-knuckles or knuckles of lead, brass or other material, or any bowie knife, dirk, dagger, razor or any knife resembling a bowie knife or having a blade in excess of two and one-half (2 1/2) inches in length, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon.
(b) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer to sell, display, use, possess or carry any knife having the appearance of a pocketknife, the blade of which can be opened by a flick of a button, pressure on the handle or other mechanical contrivance. Any such knife is hereby declared to be a dangerous or deadly weapon and shall be subject to forfeiture to the city as provided in this section.
(c) No person shall sell to a minor under the age of sixteen (16) years, without the consent of that child's guardian or parents, any ammunition, firearms, or any deadly weapon.
(d) No person other than a police officer shall discharge any firearms except during some patriotic celebration, or at some shooting match under the control of a responsible person.
(e) Every person convicted of any violation of this section shall forfeit to the city such dangerous or deadly weapon so concealed or displayed.
(f) Nothing in this section shall be construed to forbid United States marshals, sheriffs, constables and their deputies, and any regular, special or ex officio police officer, or any other law enforcement officer of the United States, the state, the county or the city, or any other authorized member of the city government from carrying or wearing, while on duty, such weapons as shall be necessary in the proper discharge of their duties.
(g) It shall be the duty of every police officer, upon making an arrest and taking such a concealed weapon from the person of the offender, to deliver such weapon to the chief of police to be held by him until the final determination of the prosecution for such offense; and upon a finding of guilty, it shall then be the duty of the chief of police to dispose of such weapon as directed by the municipal judge.
(h) It shall be unlawful for any person carrying an air weapon (as defined herein) to willfully enter or go upon the premises or property of another, or to fire or discharge any air weapon while on the premises or property of another, or to fire any projectile from an air weapon over, into through or across the premises or property of another without first having obtained the written permission from the owner, lessee or person in charge of such premises or property. It shall also be unlawful for any person to fire or discharge any air weapon from, across or into any street, sidewalk, road, highway or any park. As used herein, the term "air weapon" shall mean any air rifle, air gun or pistol, BB gun, sling shot, spring gun or gun or rifle containing a gas-propelled cartridge, tear gas gun, vapor gas gun or any similar weapon, whether such be classed as a toy or not, which impels with force a projectile or pellet of any kind.
(i) Subsection (a) of this section, as it applies to firearms, shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to RSMo § 571.094 or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another state or political subdivision of another state.
(Code 1972, § 305.19; Ord. No. 4842, § I, 9-8-98; Ord. No. 5129, § 2, 10-14-03)