• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL 2012 Legislation Tracking Tool

67GT390FB

can someone explain why this bill is being watched by VCDL??

is this a possible misprint? Why does VCDL care about recycling at ABC licensees? are we worried this is the first dominoe to fall and require us to recycle brass and lead?

SB 288 Alcoholic beverage control; recycling for certain retail on-premises licensees required.
Mamie E. Locke | all patrons ... notes | add to my profiles another bill?Log inLIS Home- - - - - - - - - - - - - -Bills & ResolutionsMembersCommitteesMeetingsCalendarsCommunicationsMinutesStatisticsLobbyist-in-a-Box

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary as introduced:
Alcoholic beverage control; local ordinance; recycling for certain retail on-premises licensees. Authorizes any locality to adopt an ordinance requiring any retail on-premises wine and beer licensee to separate, store, and provide for the collection for recycling of all glass alcoholic beverage containers sold by the licensee.

Full text:
01/10/12 Senate: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12102868D pdf

01/10/12 Senate: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12102868D
01/10/12 Senate: Referred to Committee on Rehabilitation and Social Services

TFred

is this a possible misprint? Why does VCDL care about recycling at ABC licensees? are we worried this is the first dominoe to fall and require us to recycle brass and lead?

SB 288 Alcoholic beverage control; recycling for certain retail on-premises licensees required.
Mamie E. Locke | all patrons ... notes | add to my profiles another bill?Log inLIS Home- - - - - - - - - - - - - -Bills & ResolutionsMembersCommitteesMeetingsCalendarsCommunicationsMinutesStatisticsLobbyist-in-a-Box

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary as introduced:
Alcoholic beverage control; local ordinance; recycling for certain retail on-premises licensees. Authorizes any locality to adopt an ordinance requiring any retail on-premises wine and beer licensee to separate, store, and provide for the collection for recycling of all glass alcoholic beverage containers sold by the licensee.

Full text:
01/10/12 Senate: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12102868D pdf

01/10/12 Senate: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12102868D
01/10/12 Senate: Referred to Committee on Rehabilitation and Social Services
I don't see that bill in there. I see HB 288, about carrying in a courthouse.

TFred

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Great tool!!! I will make good use of this as in previous years. Would be better if the bills were listed in numerical order.

Marco

I'm pretty sure SB288 is a mistake.
This is the actual proposed bill:
HB 288
Courthouses; exception from prohibition against carrying weapon for city and county treasurers.
Delegate Beverly J. Sherwood (R) - House District 29
Full text:
01/10/12 House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12103090D pdf

01/10/12 House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12103090D
01/10/12 House: Referred to Committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety

Ironside

How to Sort

They are in alphabetical order, by ASCII code... this is the world where the numbers 1 through 10 are ordered: 1, 10, 2, 3, 4, etc...

Thank the computer. :)

TFred

Try renumbering, thus for a series of hundreds,

001, 002, 003, 004, 010, 288 ........

HTH