• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surprising OC in Murdoch's

wmodavis

Was really surprised this afternoon while I was shopping for some hardware in the Murdoch's Ranch & Homes Supply just west of Highlands Ranch. I was really trying to perfect my 360 head swivel so I couldn't be surprised but...

Before I knew it some guy (an employee) grabbed my

attention by saying "Thanks for wearing your side arm. More people should do it." About all I could do was to say "Thanks. Never had anyone say that before."

So my question to Y'all is - Should I keep shopping there?

mahkagari

So my question to Y'all is - Should I keep shopping there?

We love Murdoch's. There's a "one-stop shop" premium on their prices, but their staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I'll shop around for good prices, but as many times as not, it's worth it just to go there knowing I'll find what I'm looking for. More than once, I observed what you did. The staff actually got FRIENDLIER upon seeing me OC rather than more standoffish.

ETA: I frequent the Longmont location.

Last edited:

Keens

One of my favorite stores! I haven't been there in a while and haven't OC'ed there yet, I think I will stop by soon!

While reading you story, and between the part where you said "someone grabbed," then the big blank, I thought you were going to say someone grabbed your gun! Whew! Glad to hear they are supportive of OC!

I've been in need of some new lawn tractor tires for some time now and I have been putting it off cuz I'd rather mow the weeds with 3 flat tires and spend the money on gun stuff. Now I have a good reason to stop by Murdochs!

wmodavis

You're an easy set up Keens. That's what I was hoping for.

1supra

I have gotten a "I wouldn't be surprised to see more people start carrying" comment from the manager of my regular gas station. But never a "thank you".