• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello. Newbie sharing some OC experiences in CO Springs.

kharizma

Hi, I'm new and from the Springs. Thought I'd share some OC stories. I've OC'd on and off for about 6 years. Pretty uneventful altogether. I was asked to leave Walmart on Platte back in 2006 because as the security guard put it I was " making the employees very nervous ". I've only ever had one person say " good to see a citizen armed! Good for you sir! " which was yesterday. I had an unfortunate incident with a woman at King Soopers on Woodmen and Lexington when she said I looked like a " pompous jackass " with my firearm at my side. I ignored her and went about my business. Chase also asked me to leave when I OC'd in their branch at Woodmen and Powers even though I came with a large cash deposit. Both happened just this past week. Had an officer tell me once it was a " bad idea " to OC at work or in general. I looked down at his side and said " I'll be fine. " lol

Anyhow, great information on this site. Surprised I didn't run across it earlier.

Last edited:

Hamans-gallows

Hi, I'm new and from the Springs. Thought I'd share some OC stories. I've OC'd on and off for about 6 years. Pretty uneventful altogether. I was asked to leave Walmart on Platte back in 2006 because as the security guard put it I was " making the employees very nervous ". I've only ever had one person say " good to see a citizen armed! Good for you sir! " which was yesterday. I had an unfortunate incident with a woman at King Soopers on Woodmen and Lexington when she said I looked like a " pompous jackass " with my firearm at my side. I ignored her and went about my business. Chase also asked me to leave when I OC'd in their branch at Woodmen and Powers even though I came with a large cash deposit. Both happened just this past week. Had an officer tell me once it was a " bad idea " to OC at work or in general. I looked down at his side and said " I'll be fine. " lol

Anyhow, great information on this site. Surprised I didn't run across it earlier.

Good answer for the "pompous jackass" lady: "I can conceal the gun, but you'll always be ugly."

So far I have never been asked to leave anywhere, and have been commended several times by strangers for OC. Maybe I just look friendly? I do smile a lot and tend to say hello to strangers.

I was at McDonald's in Woodland park a couple of weeks ago. I was standing outside eating my burger, when a Teller County Deputy walked in. A bit later I saw the deputy looking at me and talking to the people at the table just on the other side of the glass. I assume that they notified him about my gun, and he was explaining to them that it was legal.

I have never had any confrontation with the cops, even though I think that they were called at least once. I was parked in front of an unused garage door, and a Parking Enforcement guy showed and started bitching that I was parked illegally and that it was a thirty dollar fine. I told him that I was getting ready to leave. All of a sudden he saw my 1911, and beat a hasty retreat back to his van across the street and stood there glaring at me while I slowly rode off. I'm guessing that he radioed in a MWAG, and the Manitou police told him to chill out, since I then proceeded to ride slowly through downtown, and past the police station with no problems.