• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GOP calls for broader gun rights, unlimited clips

davidmcbeth

Banned
Its actually horrible ... don't need to promote 30+ rd mags .. we already have this right; its not something the gov't can regulate. An AR is designed around a 30+ mag ...

Ca Patriot

Its actually horrible ... don't need to promote 30+ rd mags .. we already have this right; its not something the gov't can regulate. An AR is designed around a 30+ mag ...

Who is "we" ? Here in California "we" dont have this right.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Who is "we" ? Here in California "we" dont have this right.

The Federal government wouldn't be able to reinstate this ban after the Heller decision. If the Heller decision is overturned then they could, but the majority opinion stated that firearms that are in wide use could not be banned from possession. I don't know much about California's constitutional amendment concerning the right to bear arms, but I am assuming the "assault weapons" ban has been challenged?

Lasjayhawk

I noted that New Mexico's governor in her speech last night at the RNC mentioned that when she worked for her dads new security firm she carried a Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum.

I like a girl with good taste in revolvers! :banana:

Chris 45LC

But what? Romney's gun record is sub-par, but oh well, better than Obama's! Sounds like someone has fallen for the 'Lesser of two evils' practice that has ruined this nation.

Yup...I think that's about all a person can do. Do you have a better solution? Independent...don't vote...what?

09jisaac

Do you have a better solution?

Actively participate in government would work. People think that voting is as far as their patriotic duty goes. It should never end there. Try lobbying for support, it is easy in smaller governments. Run for office on your view, chances are you share similar views as much of the voters in your district.

The problem with anti-firearm advocates are that they are so vocal. Of course they would be, they have strong emotions for their cause. They know someone who has been shot/killed or are tired of seeing it on the news. They think the only way to end the violence is to rid the world of the firearms. We, as advocates for rights to self defense are not so vocal, because usually we have little emotions tied to it. We have a passion for firearms, but not so much so that we would spend half of our usable income to lobby someone for our rights. We usually fight when it comes up but we never push the tied of anti-defense laws backwards. We usually fight to keep it where it is because it isn't infringing on our rights as much as it could be. We can still get most of the guns we want with little restrictions.

It is our duty to participate in government, that is well beyond just voting.

Chris 45LC

Actively participate in government would work. People think that voting is as far as their patriotic duty goes. It should never end there. Try lobbying for support, it is easy in smaller governments. Run for office on your view, chances are you share similar views as much of the voters in your district.

The problem with anti-firearm advocates are that they are so vocal. Of course they would be, they have strong emotions for their cause. They know someone who has been shot/killed or are tired of seeing it on the news. They think the only way to end the violence is to rid the world of the firearms. We, as advocates for rights to self defense are not so vocal, because usually we have little emotions tied to it. We have a passion for firearms, but not so much so that we would spend half of our usable income to lobby someone for our rights. We usually fight when it comes up but we never push the tied of anti-defense laws backwards. We usually fight to keep it where it is because it isn't infringing on our rights as much as it could be. We can still get most of the guns we want with little restrictions.

It is our duty to participate in government, that is well beyond just voting.

My comment of "Do you have a better solution?" was only in reference to presidential voting. When it comes down to it, Romney or Obama will be elected. Sometimes it is necessary to pick the lesser of the two evils. At least the GOP is saying that they want to see broader gun rights. I haven't heard that from the democrats.

Because you quoted me, I assume you are directing your post to me. If that's so, you are preaching to the choir. I am in the firearm business for a living and I try to do my fair share of supporting 2A rights. I contacted an Ohio representative just the other day about the legality of no guns in Ohio libraries.

I agree with most of what you said. However, I think that gun owners are fighting for our rights just as hard as the gun grabbers are fighting to take them away. That's the reason we have seen changes in ccw laws across the country and since the assault rifle ban expired in 2004, no attempt has been successful to renew it.

Sig229

The Federal government wouldn't be able to reinstate this ban after the Heller decision. If the Heller decision is overturned then they could, but the majority opinion stated that firearms that are in wide use could not be banned from possession. I don't know much about California's constitutional amendment concerning the right to bear arms, but I am assuming the "assault weapons" ban has been challenged?

I have to disagree.
The Clinton AWB didnt ban any firearms at all. It simply banned certain features i.e. flash hiders, folding stocks and magazines over 10 rounds.

The the feds wanted to make another AWB, the Heller decision wouldnt have anything to do with it and with enough voted they could pass it.

twoskinsonemanns

:lol::banghead::lol::banghead:

This is the same man the passed the ONLY permenant AWB as Gov of his state?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

backenj

:lol::banghead::lol::banghead:

This is the same man the passed the ONLY permenant AWB as Gov of his state?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Are you asking or telling? I am asking about president Oboma, not governor Oboma. So my question remains. What anti 2A laws has his (presidential) administration passed?:eek:

twoskinsonemanns

Are you asking or telling? I am asking about president Oboma, not governor Oboma. So my question remains. What anti 2A laws has his (presidential) administration passed?:eek:

Sorry my post was in response to the OP link featuring Mitt.
IIRC Obama has not passed any serious gun laws, he is a "behind the scenes" gun grabber for now.

Just for the record BOTH parties trying to control our country want to keep serious fire-power out of the hands of the citizens IMHO.