• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bob Irwin has Resigned his NVFAC Board Position!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
As promised I will now join NVFAC, and put a plug in for them on the NV Shooters website as well.

Bob will remain #2 in my book, and I'm sure there were plenty of personal motivations for him to "want" to "resign," but I don't really care.

I'm sure his money will keep his company's banner ad on NVFAC's website, too.

Bmeierholtz

I have seen quite a bit about Bob in here. Now, can someone tell me how this may affect NVAC and why I should maybe join them now? Or do you guys think this will not solve the problem? Time to advertise for your group now guys.

wrightme

I have seen quite a bit about Bob in here. Now, can someone tell me how this may affect NVAC and why I should maybe join them now? Or do you guys think this will not solve the problem? Time to advertise for your group now guys.

1) What 'problem' do you see that you feel needs solved?

2) If the goals the NVFAC has for the legislative session are the same as yours, what is giving you pause?

DON`T TREAD ON ME

1) What 'problem' do you see that you feel needs solved?

2) If the goals the NVFAC has for the legislative session are the same as yours, what is giving you pause?

I have seen these "aggressive" tactics from wrightme before.... answer his question with questions of your own NOT HELPFUL!

as a knowledgeable gun person the arguing and nit picking severely limits your effectiveness wrightme.... Jus sayin, (Cant we all just get along?) try some acceptance!

wrightme

I have seen these "aggressive" tactics from wrightme before.... answer his question with questions of your own NOT HELPFUL!

as a knowledgeable gun person the arguing and nit picking severely limits your effectiveness wrightme.... Jus sayin, (Cant we all just get along?) try some acceptance!

'Going personal' severely limits your effectiveness DTOM. I suggest to you, 'try some acceptance, (cant we all just get along?).

It isn't 'nitpicking' to ask him to identify what he feels is a 'problem' when he has not stated it. The 'problems' most have presented here are of perception, and not of substance. The Bob Irwin issue was a valid point, as he spoke out with viewpoints that were NOT in line with that of either most OCDO posters, and also not in line with the NVFAC stated goals. Communication was a valid point, and between email traffic and facebook traffic, that has definitely changed for the better.

So, yes, it is quite valid to ask 'what problem' someone still sees.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

I've wanted to join NVFAC since their inception, and had my paperwork ready to go. And then I found out Bob was in their leadership. It made me hesitate. And then Bob just got worse and worse!

With Bob's ousting, I am joining. I do think they are a good organization, and most importantly, I think they will help make a difference.

mbogo470

I was a member, but left when Don Turner and the Board refused to rein Mr. Irwin in.

This has been posted before but when I complained about one of Mr. Irwin's 'pronouncements' as damaging to our pro-Second Amendment fight on the NVFAC forum, my thread was removed. When I questioned the thread's removal, I was told that I should contact Mr. Irwin directly. When I asked whether the board would take any action to keep Mr. Irwin from hurting our cause with his repeated verbal miscues, the answer was no. I immediately requested a cancellation of my membership (to their credit, my refund was mailed the next day).

NVFAC can overcome Mr. Irwin's continuing quotes to the anti-gun media, but the board is going to have to make some sort of statement to the membership about this fiasco. Acting like it never happened won't dispel the perception that they are following their own personal agendas. 'Closed' agendas and playing parliamentary games at membership meetings won't dispel the perception that the organization is not responsive to the voices of its members.

The primary goals of any pro-gun organization should be further the expansion of our Second Amendment rights, to prevent their infringement, and when the legislature is not in session, to promote the positive image of gun-owners.

mbogo

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I wonder how much the membership will swell from people here and at NV Shooters that join a few of us with Bob's firi, er, resignation.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I joined (number 485) and received an Email from a member of NV Shooters that said he joined because of my comments that Bob was fire..., er, resigned.

On the NV Shooters website, Guido, the owner of New Frontier Armory, is taking personal credit for Bob resigning. I know Bob made publicly bad comments about other gun shops, including Guido's, so he certainly had reason and clout to add to Bob's downfall.

varminter22

I joined (number 485) and received an Email from a member of NV Shooters that said he joined because of my comments that Bob was fire..., er, resigned.

On the NV Shooters website, Guido, the owner of New Frontier Armory, is taking personal credit for Bob resigning. I know Bob made publicly bad comments about other gun shops, including Guido's, so he certainly had reason and clout to add to Bob's downfall.

Has there been a change to the nevadashooters.com website? Or is it currently down?

This morning, when I try to go to nevadashooters.com, I get this:
This is the default GeoVario server page. From here you are able to access the following services:
Web Utilities:

WebShell4—file manager NOTE: this system uses SSL cert issued and signed by GeoVario LLC - if you get a SSL CERT warning, you can safely accept and/or allow an exception as long as the Organization shows "GeoVario LLC" and an Organizational Unit of "IT Dept"

If this page is not what you wanted to get, most probably, one of the one of the following situations occured:

• Domain name refers to GeoVario logical server, e.g., web.service-domain.com
  • Third-level domain name does not exist. Maybe, you typed it incorrectly, e.g., valeed-domain .example.com instead of valid-domain.example.com
  • Domain incorrectly points to this GeoVario server.

And for the record, I strongly suspect I also had a li'l something to do with the resignation.

Last edited:

varminter22

Now, when trying to go to nevadashooters.com, I get this:
[h=2]Error 404: File Not Found[/h]The requested page is not found. This may happen due to the following reasons:

Please contact your webmaster if you are not sure what goes wrong.

The Big Guy

Has there been a change to the nevadashooters.com website? Or is it currently down?

This morning, when I try to go to nevadashooters.com, I get this:

And for the record, I strongly suspect I also had a li'l something to do with the resignation.

Truth is, I think a bunch of folks had input into this beneficial change. Good show to everyone involved.

TBG

Last edited:

KBCraig

Even though he is no longer speaking for NVFAC, you can bet the media will continue going to him for quotes -- they already know him, and they know that what he says fits their narrative.

Be prepared to demand counter-quotes from your organization.