• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Public Schools, Gun Control, and Social Engineering (Hard Hitting Video)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
[video=youtube;Il776_82gpQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il776_82gpQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Hard hitting video about zero-tolerance policies and social engineering that originated in communism. Complete with eerily apt quotes from Lenin and Stalin--and Eric Holder.

I have a hard time believing communists are behind it. But, certainly their ideologic near-bretheren are using similar techniques if the material in the video is accurate.

Video is by a homeschooler mom.

Save John's bandwidth and click the little YouTube symbol on the lower right to watch it directly on YouTube.

eye95

The dirty little secret is that public funding of education, to ensure every child has access to education, does not mean that public conduct of education is necessary.

Vouchers.

minarchist

I was born in 1978. I clearly remember being scolded for playing cops and robbers in kindergarten in 1983. Clearly, attempts at brainwashing the next generation into hating guns have been underway for many decades. Obviously the attempted brainwashing did not work with me. Others in my age cohort have told similar stories, and they are every bit as pro-RKBA as I am. This is cause for optimism, but yes, we do need to fight this with everything that we have.

FreeInAZ

I was born in 1978. I clearly remember being scolded for playing cops and robbers in kindergarten in 1983. Clearly, attempts at brainwashing the next generation into hating guns have been underway for many decades. Obviously the attempted brainwashing did not work with me. Others in my age cohort have told similar stories, and they are every bit as pro-RKBA as I am. This is cause for optimism, but yes, we do need to fight this with everything that we have.

I'm 10 years older than you and what a difference that made. I can remember kids bringing cork guns to school for show & tell. I also remember being given a jack knife as a present by my grand father when I was 7 after being taught by him to use it safely for whittling twigs. I took it to school and used it on a twig. My teacher asked about it, took it from me, but gave it back at the end of the day saying "it's ok to have just leave it at home from now on." If I was a little older, I might have thought enough to say "books are ok to have also, should I just keep them at home also?" :confused:

WalkingWolf

This is the ignorance of attempting to indoctrinate the children. All they do is cause them to seek out what the are told no, they will either do it as a child or as a young adult, and in some cases a mature adult. It has taken some time, but I believe in years to come this will backfire on the government enterprise more and more as time goes on.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
This is the ignorance of attempting to indoctrinate the children. All they do is cause them to seek out what the are told no, they will either do it as a child or as a young adult, and in some cases a mature adult. It has taken some time, but I believe in years to come this will backfire on the government enterprise more and more as time goes on.

I agree it will backfire. But, it might be pretty destructive when it does.

An "ignorant" population cannot possibly select good leaders. They'll fall for whichever demagogue provides the most appealing promises to cover his true intentions. History shows revolution after revolution installing governments as bad or worse than the one overthrown.

Another aspect of the folly of enforced ingnorance and lies is the folly of control. They're really just trying to make people malleable so they can be more easily controlled. But, think about it for a moment. What's the pinnacle of control? Slavery in some form or another. Any business executive worth spit will tell you the last thing he wants is to have to control people. He wants people to think for themselves--because otherwise he gets dragged more and more into correcting problems, solving emergencies, and having to direct people himself. Who in their right mind really wants to spend their time and energy controlling another human being? Setting completely aside the ethical aspect of it, its totally exhausting for the person in control. He's no longer an executive coordinating production. He's spending lots of time directing people like a man at the joystick of a robot. And, then, because nobody short of God has the breadth of attention and perspective to pull that off effectively, when the whole situation falls into the dumper, there isn't enough production occurring to support the controllers at their previous opulence. I got $10 that says that while Stalin was starving the peasants in the Ukraine, there were food shortages for the commisars. Same for the Khymer Rouge's forced relocations.

Last edited:

nonameisgood

Indoctrination of children works. Some go the other way, but a majority simply go along with the plan. The number one thing taught is not logic nor critical thinking, it is suspension of disbelief, followed closely by valuing group-think.